- Text Size +
“Ok, I want a list of people who might have motive to kill him,” Gibbs said as he left autopsy. All three agents followed swiftly.

“DiNozzo, go back and see if Ducky has anything else,” Gibb said. Tony gave an odd look and stepped back out of the elevator, returning to Ducky. The doors closed and a few seconds later Gibbs flicked the elevator off.

“What were you doing this morning,” Gibbs asked Ziva and McGee.

“Nothing,” Ziva said.

“Don’t play with me, tell me,” Gibbs ordered, his voice hinting his annoyance.

“Well...,” McGee said. Gibbs hit his hand on the wall.

“Tell me McGee,” he said.

“Ok, we all know Tony wants to help those kids, we hacked into his emails and found that he’d been checking up on them, keeping tabs of what they’re doing,” McGee said before drawing breathe.

“You hacked into his emails?” Gibbs asked.

“Yeah,” McGee said cautiously.

“So he’s been keeping an eye on these two kids?” Gibbs asked, one eyebrow raised.

“Yeah, that’s the way it looks,” McGee answer as he looked to Ziva. Gibbs flicked the elevator back on.

“Shit,” he mumbled under his breath. They left the elevator in silence. After a while Tony came back up.

“Well, Ducky confirmed that the dagger killed him, also confirmed he can tell a lot of stories,” Tony said as he sat at his desk. Gibbs nodded and Tony started to look through a list of people who might be suspects.

“Boss, got something,” McGee said as he stood up.

“Eric Stevenson, he wrote a letter to Wong telling him, quote “if you touch my girlfriend again I will cut your fingers off,”” McGee said as he put a photo of a guy on the plasma.

“Find him, bring him in,” Gibbs ordered. McGee got to work right away.

“Got someone else, Daniel Tracey, he and Wong got into a fight, he threatened Wong, told him he would kill him,” Ziva said.

“Good,” Gibbs said as he read over files.

“Found Stevenson, Boss,” McGee said as he stood up.

“Go get him McGee, DiNozzo with him” Gibbs said. McGee and Tony quickly got up and left.

“Daniel Tracey is in prison,” Ziva said as she looked over to Gibbs.

“He could have had an accomplice,” Gibbs said as he looked though more files.

“He’s had no contact from anybody, no visitors, seems his family dislike him,” Ziva said as she read the file.

“Keep looking,” Gibbs said. 10 minutes passed, Tony and McGee returned with Eric Stevenson.

“Boss,” McGee said.

“Interrogation,” Gibbs said as he stood up and followed McGee. McGee seated Stevenson in the interrogation room before leaving and going into watch from behind the glass. Gibbs walked in and seated himself opposite the suspect.

“You know him?” Gibbs said as he put a picture of Chad Wong in front of him.

“Yes,” he answered.

“How well?” Gibbs questioned.

“We aren’t friends but I knew certain stuff,” he answered again.

“Would you say well enough to know that he’d touched your girlfriend,” Gibbs said as he watched his eyes.

“Yes, I’d seen him touch her on several occasions,” he admitted.

“And so you decided to threaten him,” Gibbs said as he showed him his own letter.

“Yes, but I wouldn’t really cut his finger’s off, it was just an old expression my mother used,” he said as he looked at the letter.

“Tell me about this girlfriend of yours,” Gibbs said as he put the picture and letter back into the folder.

“We broke up,” he said.

“Why?” Gibbs asked. If this guy is lying he is one god actor... I'd know if he was. Gibbs thought to himself.

“She found somebody else,” he answered without a hint of hurt from the past.

“Was this someone else Seaman Wong?” Gibbs asked.

“No, her name is Melissa Crawford,” he said.

“Do you know of any connection between this Melissa and Wong?” Gibbs asked.

“Not that I know of,” he said.

“Ok,” Gibbs finished as he got up and left. McGee, Ziva and Tony, who had gone in to watch, came out.

“Was he lying?’ Tony asked.

“No, he’s telling the truth,” Gibbs said as they headed back to the bullpen.

“I’ll look up this Melissa Crawford, see what I can get,” Tony said as he went to his desk.

“I’ll see if Wong knew her,” Ziva said.

“I think I’ll go and see if Abby has anything,” McGee said as he left. Gibbs sat down and looked around. He took a moment to think about how great his team worked together.

“Agent Gibbs, I’d like to speak with you,” Director Vance said.

“Sure,” Gibbs said as he followed Vance up the stairs.

“Wong more than just knew her, he was married to her,” Ziva said as he eyes widened.

“They eloped 4 weeks ago,” she continued.

“So, Stevenson’s girlfriend, what’s her name?” Tony said as he sat up in his chair.

“Ahh... Christina,” Ziva answered him.

“So, Christina breaks up with Stevenson to become a lesbian with Melissa, then Melissa goes and gets married to Wong who then turns up dead at NCIS, interesting,” Tony said as he thought about it.

“If Christina found out there would be motive,” Ziva said as she looked up.

“Then go get her,” Gibbs said from the stairs. Ziva and Tony left as Gibbs walked to his desk.

“Abby hasn’t found anything,” McGee said as he returned.

“Alright,” Gibbs said, turning to his computer and checking his emails.

“Where’s Tony and Ziva,” McGee asked.

“Gone to get a suspect,” Gibbs replied, his mind not actually registering what he said because of the email’s he was reading. He shook his head before exiting the emails.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you all like it...