- Text Size +
After having a quick clean up of himself Tony went down to Abby’s lab. He walked in and Abby instantly knew something was wrong.

“It’s Jethro,” he said almost a whisper.

“Oh god,” Abby said as she hugged him.

“Have you been to the hospital?” Abby asked.

“No, I’m gonna go now,” Tony replied as they walked to the elevator.

“Ziva’s gonna tell Ducky,” he informed her. They left for the hospital and the whole drive Tony couldn’t help but blame himself for what had happened. They walked in and waited for the girl behind the desk to get off the phone.

“Hi,” she said as she hung the phone up.

“We’re looking for Special Agent Gibbs, he was injured... Umm... How did he end up here?’ Abby asked Tony.

“Stabbed,” Tony said as he winced at the memory.

“Oh god, where, how bad?... Oh, umm, yes, so he was stabbed... Can we see him? Is he ok?” Abby said, flinging her arms around in worry.

“He’s resting but I’m sure he won’t mind and he’s also been asking for a “Tony”,” the woman said.

“Room 34,” she said. They quickly rushed off to room 34. When they walked in Abby went over and kissed Gibbs’ cheek.

“Do you want me to stay?” Abby said as she walked over to Tony who was standing in the corner.

“It’s up to you,” he said staring at Gibbs.

“I’ll go, ring me if anything changes or you need me,” Abby said as she gave Tony another hug
before leaving. Tony pulled the hard cushioned seat over next to the bed and sat there. He took Gibbs hand and wished he would wake up.

“This is not your fault,” Gibbs said hoarsely.

“Jethro, oh god, you’re awake, are you ok?” Tony asked.

“Yeah, I’m ok,” Gibbs said.

“No, you can’t be ok, you’ve got...” Tony paused as he walked to the end of the bed and looked at the report.

“You’ve got 2 broken ribs, multiple stab wounds which... nicked a main vein,” Tony read.

“How can you be ok?” Tony asked as he sat back down.

“I’m an ex-marine,” Gibbs smiled. Tony gently kissed him on the lips.

“You know when I’m getting out?” Gibbs asked.

“No, but I wouldn’t think any time soon,” Tony said.

“Help me up would you, I need to walk around,” Gibbs said as he tried to get up.

“Let’s just ask someone first,” Tony said as he rang the buzzer. Not long after a nurse came in.

“Is everything ok?” she asked.

“Can I go for a walk?” Gibbs asked, more like demanded.

“Let’s see,” she said as she walked to the end of the bed and picked up his file.

“Not until the doctor has checked you over again, he wants to make sure that the vein isn’t damaged more than it already is... He’s in surgery right now so you might have to wait til tomorrow,” the nurse said as she put the file back.

“Thank you,” Tony said, giving the nurse a chance to escape Gibbs’ oncoming slaughter of angry comments. She left and Tony turned back to him. He could clearly see the annoyance of been stuck in bed plastered across Gibbs’ face.

“Well if you sleep the time will pass quicker,” Tony said as he smiled.

“How can I sleep if I’m not tired?” Gibbs asked.

“Read a book?” Tony suggested, smiling even wider at the pout that was starting to form on Gibbs’ face.

“No, I want to build a boat,” Gibbs said.

“Well sure Jethro, I’ll just bring in all the stuff you need, I’m sure they’ll let you build it in the hospital room,” Tony said sarcastically.

“Will you go and get me some coffee?” he asked with a sort of pleading look in his eyes.

“Alright,” Tony said as he kissed Gibbs before leaving. He walked to the nurse’s desk.

“Hi, can Jethro have some coffee?” Tony said as he pointed to the door he’d come from.

“Ahh... Jethro Gibbs is it?” she asked.

“Yep,” Tony confirmed.

“No, he can only have water at the moment,” she said.

“Oh geez,” Tony said.

How the hell do I survive him without coffee? I guess it can’t be that bad... right? Tony thought.

“Sorry,” the girl apologized.

“Thanks,” Tony said as he walked into the cafeteria and got two bottles of water from the vending machine. He went back to Gibbs’ room, ready for the ear bashing he was going to get.

“Where’s the coffee?” Gibbs asked just as Tony opened the door.

“You can only have water,” Tony said as he handed him a bottle.

“Why did you ask? You should have just gotten me some,” Gibbs said as he basically threw the bottle into the draw next to the bed.

“Have you ever thought there might be a very good reason,” Tony said.

“I don’t care what the doctor says, if coffee’s going to kill me then I’ll be damned,” Gibbs said as he started squirm around in bed.

“Just don’t think about it,” Tony said as he kissed Gibbs again.

“Fine,” Gibbs huffed.

“Come on, cheer up,” Tony said as he brushed his fingers across Gibbs’ face.

“I’ve got you, that’s one thing I can have,” Gibbs said as he leant into Tony’s touch, the pout disappearing and a smile taking it place.

“I better call everyone and tell them that you’re ok,” Tony said as he got up.

“Don’t be long,” Gibbs said as Tony left. He pulled out his phone and dialled Abby’s lab number.

“Tony, is everything ok?” Abby said.

“Yes, Jethro’s ok,” he said.

“Good, when will you be coming back?” Ziva asked.

“Soon, just need to make sure he’s going to stay in...” Tony trailed off as he saw Gibbs walking towards him.

“What the hell are you doing?” he asked.

“Going for a walk,” Gibbs said.

“No you’re not, get back to bed,” Tony ordered.

“Come on Tony, just let me stand here for a few minutes,” Gibbs said.

“No, you’re not supposed to be out of bed,” Tony said as he frowned.

“Tony!”

He looked around but didn’t see anyone, then he remembered he was on the phone.

“Sorry Abbs,” Tony said as he bought the phone back to his ear.

“Is everything ok?” she asked worriedly.

“Yeah, Gibbs’ just been stubborn, like always,” he said.

“He is never stubborn, just... Independent” Abby said.

“Ok, well I’m gonna get him back to bed, see ya,” Tony said.

“Bye,” Abby said as she hung up. Gibbs gave a groan, trying to hide it but failing.

“What’s wrong?” Tony said as he took his wait as Gibbs doubled over slightly.

“Just a bit tender,” he said. Tony took him back to his room and sat his pillows up so he didn’t have to lie down.

“Do you want something to help the pain?” Tony asked, the look on Gibbs’ face said it all.

“No, I’m... Ow,” Gibbs said.

“Jethro you never say ow,” Tony said as he rang the buzzer.

“I don’t need anything, you’d be a bit tender if you’d just been stabbed as well,” Gibbs said as he moved around and tried to get comfortable.
Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully I will have another update later this afternoon or tonight...