- Text Size +
“I just have to check on a patient,” a female voice said before the door opened.

“Yes........ Tony,” the nurse said.

“Cassie... Hi,” Tony said.

“Listen, Jethro’s in some pain, could you give him something for it?” he asked. Cassie picked up his file and read through it before putting it back.

“Can you tell me where and how bad the pain is Jethro?” Cassie asked as she walked over to the bed.

“Where I got stabbed and no the pain is not that bad,” he said. He tried to protest but she gave him a threatening look.

“Let me check out your stomach,” she said as she revealed the bandaged skin. Carefully she removed the bandages and Tony gasped at the horribly bruised skin and stitched up lacerations.

“Oh,’ Cassie said before she bandaged the wounds up again.

“What is it,” Tony asked.

“I have to get the doctor,” she said as she walked out.

“Don’t worry, I bet it’s nothing,” Gibbs said as he saw the look on Tony’s face.

Oh can’t mean anything good,” Tony said as he walked over to Gibbs.

“Maybe it does,” Gibbs said as he rubbed his fingers along Tony’s cheek.

“Tony,” Cassie said as the doctor walked in.

“Can’t I stay?” Tony asked.

“No, come on,” Cassie said as she tugged at his elbow. They walked into the waiting room and sat down.

“What’s wrong with him?” he asked immediately.

“He has internal bleeding, the vein has burst again,” Cassie informed Tony.

“Can they stop it?” he asked the panic streaking across his face.

“Yes, if we’ve caught it in time,” she said as she gave a sympathetic look.

“Mr DiNozzo,” the doctor said. Tony looked up as the doctor walked over and Cassie left.

“Mr Gibbs, will have to go in for surgery for us to fully repair the vein,” the doctor said.

“Yes, fine, just as long as he’s ok,” Tony said.

“I’ve spoken to him and he’s due to go into surgery in about 15 minutes,” the doctor said.

“Ok, good,” Tony said.

“You can go and see him quickly,” the doctor said before leaving. Tony was up and in Gibbs’ room within seconds.

“Hey, don’t look so worried,” Gibbs said as Tony ran to him.

“How can I not be worried?” Tony asked as he sat on the edge of the bed.

“What happens if...” Gibbs placed his hand over Tony’s mouth.

“Nothing is going to happen,” Gibbs said as he kissed Tony. The doctor walked in just as they broke apart.

“Now get your arse back to NCIS and finish the case,” Gibbs ordered.

“Yes sir,” Tony said softly. He walked out the door and saw Cassie coming towards him.

“He’ll be ok,” she told Tony as she rubbed his arm.

“I know,” he said forcing a smile. He went back to NCIS to be greeted by a worried Abby in the elevator.

“Ok, let’s finish this case,” Tony said as he looked around.

“Tony, we’ve finished it,” Ziva said.

“You have?” he asked.

“Yeah,” McGee said.

“Ok, well... Thanks,” Tony said. He sat staring into space, his mind racing with emptiness.

“I’m gonna go out and get some Chinese, the usual?” McGee asked. Everybody nodded and he left.

“Tony... I know,” Ziva said as she sat on his desk.

“Know what?” he asked.

“I want kids as well, you may find that difficult to believe but I do,” she said. Tony looked at her, his eyes suddenly curious.

“We know that you have been watching those kids,” she said in a tone that Tony found somewhat comforting.

“You do?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said simply.

“How?’ he asked as he shifted in his seat.

“Ahh... Well,” Ziva didn’t want to tell him outright that they’d just hacked into his email account to see what he was up to.

“We...” she couldn’t find the right way to word it.

“We hacked into your email account,” McGee said as he walked to his desk.

“McGee,” Ziva said defensively.

“Oh... You could have just asked,” Tony said as he took his food and started eating.

“I told you it would be easier to ask him,” Abby said as she walked around the corner. They all sat there eating in silence for a few minutes.

“Has anyone been to see Agent Gibbs?” the director asked as he seemed to just appear from nowhere.

“I’ve been with him most of the day, he’s in surgery right now,” Tony said as he wondered where Vance came from.

“Ok... Why are you all having dinner here, I thought you’d finished that case,” he said as he cocked and eyebrow.

“We just are,” Ziva said.

“Ohk,” Vance said as he walked away.

“Where did he come from?” Tony said as soon as he was sure that Vance was out of earshot.

“No idea, but it was weird,” Ziva commented. It was 8.00pm when Tony looked at his watch. He’d still been thinking about Gibbs’ but he’d also been laughing and smiling instead of biting his nails worrying about Gibbs.

“I might head home,” he said as he stood up.

“Yeah, I think we all should,” McGee said. They walked towards the elevator when Tony’s phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and flipped it open.

“Hello,” he said.

“Tony, its Cassie,”

“Cassie is everything ok?” he asked, something he couldn’t quiet describe attacking his insides.

“Yes, Jethro’s out of surgery, everything went great,” she said.

“Good, thanks for ringing me,” he said.

“No problem,” she said. Tony shoved his phone back in his pocket.

“He’s out of surgery, everything went fine,” Tony said as they got in the elevator.

“I’m gonna go see him,” Tony said as they walked into the car park.

‘Night Tony,” Abby yelled from across the car park.

“Night Abby,” he yelled back and had to do a double take when he watched her get into Jimmy’s car with him.

“Weird,” he murmured to himself before driving to the hospital. When he walked in Cassie was just coming from Gibbs’ room.

“Hey Tony, he’s awake,” she said.

“Ok... Cassie... Thanks,” he said as he smiled.

“No problem,” she said as she left. When Tony walked in Gibbs’ face lit up.

“Hey,” Tony said as he went and sat next to him.

“Hey,” Gibbs said back.

“How are you?” Tony asked.

“Tender,” Gibbs said.

“Did you get something for the pain?” Tony asked, ready to ring the buzzer.

“Yes, and it’s not pain, it’s just tenderness,” Gibbs said.

“If that’s what you say,” Tony said.

“You tired?” Gibbs asked him.

“Sorta,” Tony said as he smiled.

“Go home, get some rest,” Gibbs said.

“Yeah, ok,” Tony said although he would have preferred he stayed with Gibbs. They kissed goodnight, so it was more like a difficult make out session.

“I love you,” Tony said as he opened the door.

“I love you too,” Gibbs said. Tony drove home and checked the phone for messages; none. He took a quick shower to freshen up then he went to bed. He tried to get to sleep but wanted Gibbs next to him. An hour later he finally fell asleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry I didn't update again yesterday... (fighting with your parents isn't a good idea if you want to have your laptop for the night to update a story) I'm having yet another writers block on this story.. although i got an idea from a song so i wrote a little something...