- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony and Gibbs...for now,are happy
The rest of the day seemed to pass slowly. Everybody was sick of writing up reports. Gibbs looked around, he saw McGee listening to something on his IPod, Ziva reading a GSM magazine and when he looked at Tony he was looking right back at him.

Tony smiled and in return Gibbs smiled back. They sat there for a few minutes just looking into each other’s eyes. By this time Ziva and McGee were watching them.

“Heck lets head home,” Gibbs said suddenly. They all jumped up and headed for the elevator. They stepped in to see Abby, Ducky and Jimmy in there as well.

“Heading home?” Ducky asked. Gibbs nodded.

“Yes, I think we all deserve a break,” Ducky said as he looked from Tony to Gibbs and back again. They got to ground floor and stepped out of the elevator. Everybody said their goodnights and headed for their cars.

“Boss,” Tony called out. Gibbs turned around to see Tony right behind him.

“Dinner still on?” he asked as he shifted feet.

“Sure is,” Gibbs said. Tony followed Gibbs back to his house. When he got out of the car he basically ran to the front door and inside. Without a words Gibbs pulled him close and kissed him tenderly.

“I’ll get dinner, “he said as walked for the kitchen. Tony went into the living room and sat himself on the couch. He took his shoes off and looked around aimlessly. Gibbs came and sat next to him, putting his arm around his shoulders.

“What’s for dinner?” Tony asked as he let himself relax into the warm embrace.

“Ravioli,” Gibbs said as he ran his fingers through Tony’s hair.

“Did you pre-make it or something?” Tony said as he smiled.

“Nope, out of a packet,” Gibbs answered him. Tony laughed as he laced his fingers with Gibbs’ other hand. They sat there for a few minutes before Gibbs stood up. Tony stood as well.

“Stay, we can eat in here,” he said as he left. Tony sat back down and waited for Gibbs’ return. He came back in with two dishes full of ravioli.

“Thanks,” Tony said as Gibbs handed him a dish and fork before he started eating his food like it was his last meal. After a few minutes of silence Tony placed his plate on the coffee table. He looked over to Gibbs who was still eating. When he finished he took the dishes into the kitchen then quickly returned. He seated himself close to Tony who smiled at the close proximity.

“Anything on TV you wanna watch?” Gibbs asked as he picked up the remote.

“Not really,” Tony replied. Gibbs flicked the TV on before turning so his back was against the arm rest. Tony was quick to lie between his legs; resting his head on the older man’s lower stomach. Gibbs ran his finger through Tony’s hair. Tony let out a small sigh and Gibbs dropped his hand to Tony’s shoulder.

“You ok?” he asked as he gave Tony’s shoulder a slight squeeze.

“Yeah, just missed this,” he said as he reached up to put his hand on Gibbs’ hand.

“Me too,” Gibbs agreed, and he had missed it, he had missed it a lot. Gibbs bought his other hand up to run his fingers through Tony’s hair again. Tony grabbed the remote and turned on the movie channel. He wasn’t interested in the movie tonight; he just wanted to enjoy his lovers company.
Several hours passed and Tony had fallen asleep.

Quietly Gibbs wriggled from underneath Tony and went into the bedroom to pull the covers back. He walked back into the living room where Tony was now sitting up rubbing his eyes.

“Let’s go to bed,” Gibbs said as he took Tony’s hand and led him to the bedroom. They got into bed and Tony cuddled into Gibbs’ warm embrace. Soon he was back asleep and Gibbs’ wasn’t far behind him.