- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
could this spell disaster for the happy couple?
He walked into the bullpen to be greeted by Ziva and McGee.

“Hey Boss,” McGee said as he smiled.

“Are they down with Abby?” Gibbs asked.

“Yep,” Ziva said as she turned around to watch the two Probie’s working away. Gibbs looked uncertainly at his desk.

“It’s ok Boss, I’m working at your desk,” McGee said as he looked at Gibbs.

“Alright,” Gibbs said before going down to Abby’s lab. He walked in and Rani ran to him.

“Dad, look what Aunty Abby gave me,” she said as she held out her wrist, a bangle with a bat on it hung on her too small wrist.

“Did you say thank you?” Gibbs asked her as he picked her up. She nodded as he walked towards Abby. He scanned the lab and a concerned look washed across his face.

“What’s wrong?” Abby asked as Gibbs put Rani down.

“Play with your brother,” he told her. He pulled Abby towards him so he didn’t have to talk as loud.

“Where’s Tony?” he asked her.

“I dunno, he asked if I could look after the kids for a while,” Abby told Gibbs.

“How long was he here before he left,” he asked.

“He didn’t stay, just dropped the kids off,” Abby said as she looked back at the two children playing happily.

“Ok,” Gibbs said before walking over to the kids.

“Hey, will you stay here with Abby?” he asked Rani.

“Yes Dad, we like it here,” she replied sweetly.

“Ok, be a good girl and watch out for your brother,” he said before kissing her forehead lightly and giving Kaushal a kiss. He stood back up and walked over to Abby.

“Hopefully I won’t be too long,” he said as he turned to leave only to turn back around and kiss her on the cheek. He left without another word. As he walked out into the rain and to his car he couldn’t help but feel a gut wrenching feeling boil in his stomach.
He sped back home only to be disappointed with Tony not been there. He drove around looking for Tony and failing. After a while he pulled up at the park and turned the car off. Listening to the rain battering down on the car he looked out the window.

This can’t be happening. He thought to himself. When those images popped into his head and played horrible tricks on him it hurt so much that he didn’t have the energy to try and block them out. He scanned the park, why he thought Tony would be out there in the pouring rain he had no idea himself. Then something caught his eye. It was a familiar walk, a walk he knew all too well. His heart pounded in his chest, this couldn’t be. He started the car up and pulled into a different space, far enough not to be noticed but close enough so he could see what was going on.

He watched in horror as it registered what was happening. Tony was pacing up and down the small sheltered area where a few seats were. He was waiting for someone and Gibbs didn’t like it. He was determined to get out of the car and ask Tony what he was doing, but Gibbs held himself in the car and waited impatiently. He didn’t have to wait long for something to happen.
He watched as Tony ran out into the rain, halfway across the grass he pulled his jacket off to shelter both him and Jeanne form the rain. Gibbs almost went through the roof.

“This can’t be happening,” Gibbs said to himself, fury beginning to seep through his skin. He watched intently as they ran back under the shelter, laughing. They sat down and started talking, this just making Gibbs more angry. He sat there watching for sometime before he got so angry he started the car. He sped back to NCIS really pissed off. He got into the elevator and tried to calm down; he couldn’t let the kids see him upset and angry. When he walked into Abby’s lab there was nobody there so he went back up to the bullpen only to find nobody there either. With only one other place they could be he went down to autopsy and sure enough everybody was there.

“Dad,” Rani said excitedly as she ran to Gibbs. He picked her up and walked over to the others. He put her back down with Kaushal and gave a smile to the others.

“I think I will take the children up to get something to eat, they’ve been very good,” Ducky said as he bent down with the kids.

“Would you like to get something to eat?” he asked them.

“Yes please Ducky,” Rani said as she stood up.

“I’ll come,” McGee said as he took Rani’s hand.

“Where’s Palmer?” Gibbs asked as he looked around.

“Out,” Ziva said as she stepped closer to him.

“What happened Gibbs?” Abby asked as she too stepped closer.

“Nothing,” he said as he watched them both.

“Then why are you angry?” Ziva asked as again they stepped closer.

“I’m not,” he lied.

“Yes you are,” Abby said, this time Gibbs stepped back.

“Gibbs, we wanna help if something’s wrong,” Abby said as she took one more step towards him.

“Nothing is wrong, so you don’t have to help,” Gibbs said as he watched the both of them as they looked at each other.

“Please, Gibbs, don’t make this any harder for yourself,” Ziva said as she went and sat up on one of the cold, hard autopsy tables.

“Gibbs, you’ve helped us so much, like when I had people after me, and when Tim’s sister was in trouble,” Abby said as she looked at him, a pleading look across her face.

“And when I was framed, just let us help you this time,” Ziva said. Gibbs stood there, now looking at the floor, and thought.

“I...” Gibbs started.

“Ok, what happened?” Abby said as she and Ziva walked towards him.

“I was...” he didn’t get a chance to finish.

“Did you and Tony have a fight?” Abby asked quickly.

“No, but...” he got cut off again.

“Does he have old feet?” Ziva asked.

“Ahh, its cold feet and no I don’t think so,” Gibbs said as he let out a small chuckle at Ziva’s mistake.

“Then what’s wrong?” Abby asked.

“Old flame, I guess,” Gibbs said as he shifted.

“Which one?” Ziva asked.

“Not me,” Gibbs said. Abby and Ziva stood there for a moment before realising who he was talking about.

“What is she doing here?” Ziva hissed.

“I don’t know,” Gibbs said as he ran his hands through his hair.

“If anything happens to you two I will rip her throat out,” Ziva said as she ran her fingers along the knife at her waist.

“I’ll help, don’t forget I’m one of the few people in the world that can murder someone and leave
no forensic evidence,” Abby said. Gibbs stood there staring at them; he couldn’t believe how compassionate they were on making sure that Jeanne didn’t ruin anything.

“So where’s Tony?” Ziva asked.

“At the park, with her,” Gibbs said dreading hearing himself say that.

“Take the kids home, calm down, spend some time with them, everything will work out just fine,”
Abby said and on that Ducky and McGee came back in with the kids.

“Dad can we go home?” Rani asked.

“Yes sweetie,” Gibbs said as he took Kaushal.

“What’s in you backpack?” he asked Rani.

“Uncle Tim bought us some DVDs,” she said as she pointed to McGee.

“What ones?” Gibbs asked.

“Toy Story and Chicken Little, so don’t worry,” McGee answered. Gibbs nodded and gave everyone a small smile before he left. As soon as Gibbs was in the elevator Abby turned to everyone.

“Ok, Jeanne’s back and we don’t know why,” Abby said.

“She is?” McGee asked, the anger clear in his eyes.

“Yes, and we plan on making sure nothing happens to Gibbs and Tony,” Ziva said as she walked around.

“So, me and Ziva will call Tony,” Abby said as she walked over to Ziva.

“This will be very interesting,” Ducky said as he walked to his desk.

Abby and Ziva went back up to the bullpen and dialled Tony’s number, putting it on speakerphone.

“Show time,” Abby smirked as the phone started to ring.

“Hey Tony, put your phone on speaker,” Abby said into the phone as he answered.

“Hello Jeanne,” Ziva said, a smirk plastered on her face.

“Hi,” Jeanne said cautiously as she watched Abby and Ziva sit down.

“Gibbs took the kids home,” Ziva informed Tony.

“Oh, ok,” Tony said as he gave them both a weak smile.

“Well we’re off, oh and Tim wanted to see you,” Abby said before promptly hanging up.

Something is wrong; they never call him Tim unless something is wrong. Tony thought to himself. He jumped at the warm, gentle hand that fell upon his shoulder.

“You ok?” she asked.

“Ahh, yeah,” Tony smiled. He stood up and pulled Jeanne to her feet.

“I better go,” he smiled.

“Yeah, I’ve got to get back to the hospital,” she said.

“So, maybe lunch tomorrow?” he asked her.

“Sure, I’d like that,” Jeanne said.

“Great I’ll see you then,” he said as he stepped in and embraced her in a hug.

Gibbs slammed his fists on the steering wheel and glared out the windscreen. Now he was really pissed off, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Once again he started the car and sped off.

Tony turned and thought he’d seen Gibbs car but shook it off. He was at home with the kids and he wouldn’t leave them home alone. He gave Jeanne a small wave before getting into his own car and driving back to NCIS to see McGee.
He walked into the bullpen and was dragged back into the elevator by McGee. Nothing was said as they walked into Abby’s lab and the door slammed shut behind them.

“What’s going on?” Tony asked as he was pushed into a chair.

“You know exactly what’s going on Tony,” Ziva said icily.

“Ok, so I ran into her,” Tony said.

“Yes, the other day, today you were having a social visit in the park,” Ziva said as she circled the lab.

“Ziva...” Abby put her hand over his mouth.

“No, Tony... this is hurting Gibbs,” Abby said as she sat down.

“The past is the past, you need to leave her,” Abby said.

“We were just catching up,” Tony said, a pleading look in his eyes.

“Tony, please, not just for us but for Gibbs and the kids... And yourself, please, stop seeing her,” Abby said as she stood in front of him.

“Abby, we are...” he stopped and looked at each of them. It hurt him to see the hurt looks on their faces.

“You’re just reopening old wounds Tony, don’t you remember how much she hurt you, it took you months to get over her,” McGee said as he placed his hand on Abby’s shoulder. Abby turned around and hugged him.

“I... Ok,” Tony said, his voice thick with defeat. Without another words said from anyone Tony got up and walked to the door. He could hear soft sobs coming from Abby, he knew he’d really hurt all of them. Deep down he knew that they were right, that he was reopening old wounds and hurting everyone, but he couldn’t bring himself to face that. So he walked away silently leaving his friends without any explanation.

He drove home in silence, listening to the rain attacking his car. When he pulled into the driveway he shut the car off and sat there thinking. What would he say to Gibbs, his friend, his lover. How would his children be affected by this?
Chapter End Notes:
sorry i haven't updated in a while. hope you all enjoy :)