- Text Size +
Wonder what’s taking him so long? Gibbs thought to himself as he watched the kids play together in the living room. He bent down with the kids and smiled.

“Let’s go see if we can find Daddy,” he said as he picked Kaushal up and took Rani’s hand. He put the kids in the car and started to drive. His first thought was that Tony had gone back with McGee and Ziva but then wondered why he’d do that. He decided to drive to the tux shop Abby had said he’d be at. He searched but couldn’t see Tony along this side walk. . A little while later he did a double take.

Why!?!? He screamed in his mind as he spotted Tony, with Jeanne. He kept his anger under control since he had the kids with him. He turned around and sped to NCIS, Abby was going to have to look after the kids whether they had a case or not. He quickly took them into the building while thinking up excuses.

“Hey Abbs, think you could look after the kids for a while?” he asked.

“Sure, but we...” Gibbs cut her off.

“Great, me and Tony want some personal time,” he said as he kissed the kids then Abby.

“Don’t make this a habit,” she called after him. He quickly ran back to his car and sped back to where he saw Tony. He drove up and sure enough Tony was still walking along with Jeanne. He pulled over and got out of the car. Now this was getting serious, Gibbs was pissed to the bone. He walked up behind them reaching out and seized Tony’s arm roughly.

“Jethro,” he said in alarm as Gibbs pushed him behind him as if protecting him from Jeanne. He gave the deadliest stare to Jeanne Tony had ever seen, if looks could kill Jeanne’s ghost would die.

“Get in the car now Tony,” he said harshly, not taking his eyes off of Jeanne.

“No, I was just saying goodbye, that’s not a crime,” Tony said as he pulled away from Gibbs.

“You promised you wouldn’t see her again,” Gibbs said as he felt a piercing feeling in his chest.

“I... Jethro, please,” Tony tried to reason.

“Get in the car now,” Gibbs said, his voice holding the uttermost authority in it. Tony stood there angrily.

“Get in the fucking car Tony, I’m not playing anymore games,” Gibbs yelled as he pushed Tony towards the car. Tony stumbled and was frightened that Gibbs was like he was. He got in the car and let the tears fill his eyes, he’d never seen Gibbs this angry.

“You are to leave and never see Tony again,” he said to Jeanne, something in his voice that made her cringe away from him.

“Yes sir,” she said before quickly walking away without another word. Gibbs got into the car and brought along with him a ridged ambiance.

“Promise my arse,” he muttered as he started the car.

“I’m sorry,” Tony said weakly.

“Heard that before,” Gibbs muttered again, to pissed off to talk. It was quiet the rest of the drive home. As soon as Gibbs pulled up Tony bolted from the car and inside.

“Tony,” Gibbs said his voice still angry.

“What?” Tony yelled from the bedroom. Gibbs walked in to see Tony furiously throwing pillows around the room.

“Tony, stop,” Gibbs said more softly this time after realising just how angry he must have sounded to Tony when he didn’t mean too.

“No, I’m sick of you trying to control my god damn life, maybe if I were a hard arse ex-marine who drinks bourbon and coffee, and builds boats all the time the tone of your voice wouldn’t have...” Tony stopped hurling the pillows at the walls and fell to his knees.

“Maybe it wouldn’t have affected me like it did,” Tony sobbed. Gibbs walked over to Tony and put his arms around him only to be pushed away. Tony stood up and walked to the door. Gibbs grabbed his arm gently and pulled him into an embrace only to be pushed away by Tony. Gibbs let me walk away and knew he’d really done it this time.

Should have just talked to her quietly, but no I had to go and make a scene. I just had to yell at him like I did and push him like I did. Gibbs thought angrily. He went and sat on the edge of the bed and listened as the rain started to attack the house. The phone started ringing and pulled Gibbs back from his thoughts. He walked to the phone and picked it up.

“Hello,” he said, his voice giving away that something was wrong.

“Gibbs, what happened?” came Abby’s worried voice through the line.

“Nothing, are the kids right to stay there for a bit longer?” he asked.

“I’ll ask,” Abby said. He heard her walk to the kids and ask. He smiled when he heard Rani say yes excitedly.

“Yeah, they’re fine to stay,” Abby replied.

“Ok, thanks Abbs,” he said before hanging up. He went into the living room and wondered where Tony was. Maybe the bathroom, or the kids room but not the basement. He only went down there when Gibbs was down there and he liked to give Gibbs the basement for personal space.

Gibbs sat there for some time before deciding he would try and talk to Tony. He walked into the bedroom but Tony hadn’t gone back in there. He checked the kid’s room and bathroom but didn’t find Tony. He was starting to wonder if he’d gone down to the basement after all. Gibbs checked the kitchen as he headed for the basement. The basement door was closed and Gibbs didn’t like that. He slowly opened it standing there for a moment.

“Tony,” he said after think for a bit. No answer. Gibbs had an extremely bad feeling in his gut and he wanted it to go away. He stepped down into the basement and saw Tony’s legs.

So he was down here. Gibbs thought to himself as he walked to the edge of the boat.

“Tony,” he said again as he rounded the corner. He froze in place, his stomach filling with dread and horror.

“Tony,” Gibbs said his name with a pleading tone.

“What?’ Tony asked in an annoyed manner. Gibbs stood there staring.

Tony held his gun steadily in his hands, flicking the safety lock on before running his fingers over the trigger then flicking the safety lock off, his fingers again running over the trigger before starting the process again.

Gibbs heart pounded in his chest. He wanted to tell Tony not to do anything stupid and put the gun down. His hands had a slight shake starting to take over, he was scared.

“Tony, give me the gun,” Gibbs said as he stepped closer.

“Why?” Tony asked his face holding only hurt.

“What do you plan on doing with it?” Gibbs asked him.

“I was thinking, maybe, that you can handle the kids on your own, you’ve got the others,” Tony replied, not making eye contact with Gibbs. Gibbs knew what Tony had in mind, so he walked to the other end if the basement and sat on the stool.

“And,” Gibbs said as he folded his arms to try and hide his shaking.

“I’d bring the gun up to here,” Tony said as he pointed to his temple. Gibbs heart almost jumped into his throat.

“And then... Bang,” Tony said as he pointed to the gun. Gibbs steadied himself as he looked at Tony.

I hope to god this works. Gibbs thought to himself as he reran over what he would say exactly, he wasn’t sure if these were the right words but if they weren’t he would never live with killing his own lover.

“Then why don’t you?” Gibbs asked. He suddenly wanted to rewind time and stop himself from saying that, how stupid was he? Tony looked up at him, shock covering his face. Then the hurt came back and he looked back down to the gun in his hands.

Tony flicked the safety lock off and skimmed his fingers along the trigger before shaky hands bought the gun to his temple. So many thoughts ran through his head but the one that kept burning into his mind was does he not care if I die? And with the he took a deep breath.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry I haven't updated in a while... And sorry that this chapter is a bit short...