- Text Size +
They woke to each other’s smiling faces, still feeling the love and sweat of last night’s events. They got up and showered together, like they do. They ate breakfast smiling, not even a tornado could wipe the smiles off their faces. At 9 Ziva and Abby brought the kids back around.

“Daddy,” Rani smiled as she hugged Tony’s legs. Gibbs held Kaushal and as they stood there together they looked like a perfect family.

XxxxxxxxxxxX

3 Months later.

Gibbs walked through the door and placed the car keys on the tabled near the door. He smiled as he kicked his shoes off. He’d done the grocery shopping so he was a little late tonight. As he walked into the kitchen and placed the bags on the bench he stretched.

“Jethro,” Tony yelled from the living room. Gibbs’ heart filled with panic, Tony’s voice wasn’t right.

“What?” Jethro asked in a worried tone as he ran into the living room. Tony looked up with a tear in his eye.

“What’s wrong?” Gibbs asked as he held Tony.

“He said “Daddy”, he said his first word,” Tony said proudly. Gibbs smiled and kissed Tony’s cheek before going over to Kaushal and kissing him.

“Dad I want a kiss,” Rani smiled from up on the couch.

“Of course, how could I forget you sweetie?” Gibbs said as he sat on the couch and kissed her. She smiled before hugging him.

“Wanna help me get dinner ready?” Gibbs asked her.

“Yes please Dad,” she said sweetly before they headed into the kitchen.

“Daddy,” Kaushal said smiled as he crawled over to Tony. Tony’s face lit up and he thought about how perfect life was. A while after Tony was playing with Kaushal, Gibbs called for them to come and get dinner. About halfway through there was a knock at the door. Tony put down his knife and fork.

“I’ll get it,” he said as he jumped up. He walked to the door and opened it to see McGee.

“Hey Tony,” he said.

“Hey Probie,” Tony said.

“Ahh, I was supposed to give you this on your wedding day but I couldn’t bring myself to do it, it would probably be best if you read it alone, I’m really sorry,” McGee said before he forced a smile and patted Tony’s shoulder. Tony looked at the envelope in his hands and when he looked up McGee was gone. He shook his head and walked inside, tucking the envelope into his pocket before entering the kitchen to finish his meal.

“Who was it?” Gibbs asked.

“McGee, wanted to give me back a disk I’d lent him,” Tony lied. He knew Gibbs would figure it out but took Tim’s advice anyway.

When they’d all finished dinner and cleaned up they went and played with the kids in the living room for a while. When bedtime for the kids rolled around they read them a story like every other night. When Gibbs was going to bed Tony stayed up and went into the living room. He pulled the envelope from his pocket and pulled out a letter. He began reading.

Dear Tony,
First of all let me say congratulations, Jethro is one lucky man, and so are your children. I have decided to go back to Africa; I don’t think I will ever return to America.

I know that we had a lot of good time. I love you, I always will, no matter what has been said. Please tell Jethro that I never meant for this to go so pear shaped. Take care Tony.
Love Jeanne. Xoxo


Tony folded the letter and pushed it back into the envelope when he felt something else inside it. He put his hand in the envelope and pulled out a photo. It was when they’d gone bowling. He remembers deleting the photos off of his phone. He smiled at the photo before putting it back. This wasn’t fair, he didn’t want this to happen, but it did. He went to bed without a second thought.

When Gibbs woke he slid into the living room and looked around, Tony wasn’t right, he was hiding something. He found an envelope on the end table near the lamp and picked it up. Tony was written on the front. He opened it to find a letter. As he read it pieced together. She had obviously given the letter to McGee, who had then given it to Tony. He finished the letter and pulled out the photo. He quickly put it back, he hated seeing her face.

“You found it,” Tony said from the door way. Gibbs turned to look at him.

“Jethro, McGee waited three months to give that to me, he didn’t want to ruin our special day,” Tony said. Gibbs nodded before walking over to him.

“It’s ok,” he said before he kissed Tony. They went back to bed, it was a Saturday and they liked to lie together and talk, some times that led to more than just talking.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it's so short...