- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Final Chapter
So this is life. Tony thought as he sat at his desk. He liked this life, he’d already gotten used to it. It was an easy life, no complications, well complications that stuck to a minimum. He thought back to the best day of his life, his wedding day. It was perfect, well actually it wasn’t 100% perfect, more like 99% perfect.

He wished that Jackson had been there for his son’s special day. He really liked him and they got along like a house on fire. Tony was happy to hear that he was coming down this weekend. So when Friday afternoon came Tony was over the moon. He rushed home and told the kids.

“Grandpa is coming today,” he smiled and with that the kids were over the moon as well.
Saturday morning flew in and Tony was up at seven. He showered and ate breakfast before anyone else was up. Gibbs was in a habit of sleeping in, thanks to his husband. Tony fussed around the house, making sure everything was in place, for some reason he wanted to make sure everything was just right, not that Jackson would judge him on it, at least he hoped not.

10 o’clock came around and Tony was in the kitchen trying to cook up some cupcakes, although they weren’t working properly. There was a knock at the door and Tony’s face lit up. He ran and opened the door smiling widely when he saw Jackson.

“Mr Gibbs,” Jackson smiled. Tony blushed; he still wasn’t used to the name.

“Jackson,” he said as he received a hug. He took Jackson into the living room and they got
chatting. After a while Tony remembered.

“Rani, Kaushal, come see Grandpa,” Tony yelled out. Rani walked into the living room closely followed by a crawling Kaushal.

“Hello Grandpa,” Rani smiled as she sat on his lap.

“How’s my beautiful granddaughter?” he asked.

“Good,” she said.

“And what about my grandson?” he asked as Kaushal smiled.

“Daddy,” Kaushal laughed as he pointed to Jackson.

“That’s Grandpa, silly” Tony smiled as he picked Kaushal up.

“Daddy,” Kaushal said again, everyone laughed.

“Tony, Abbs want to know if you want to go out for drinks... Oh and McGee said he’d send you that picture on your side hit thingy... Oh and I booked the kids in for swimming lessons today, since you forgot... Oh and one more thing...” Crash.

“Jethro?” Tony said as he walked into the hallway. The table was now knelling on its side.

“What happened?” Tony asked.

“It’s doing a dance Tony, what do you think?” Gibbs snapped.

“Sorry... Dad’s been a Mr Grumpy Pants today,” Tony smiled at Kaushal who laughed.

“Jethro,” Gibbs cut Tony off.

“I know, I know, the kids don’t wanna see me angry,” Gibbs said as he picked the scattered items into a pile next to the table.

“Actually I was going to say your father’s here,” Tony said.

“Oh, shit, I forgot he was coming today, bloody hell,” Gibbs cursed.

“Jethro, stop swearing in front of your children,” Jackson scolded as he walked into the hallway with Rani.

“Sorry Dad,” Gibbs smiled as he hugged Jackson.

“So you should be, your children don’t need to hear you going on like that, they deserve better words to their ears,” Jackson said as he walked back into the living room.

Later that night.

“I really wish that Jackson was at the wedding,” Tony said. Gibbs stood at the living room door and listened. He knew Tony was on the phone and was surprised to hear Abby’s voice, he must have had it on loud speaker.

“I know, have you told Gibbs?”

“No, not yet, I think I’ll wait,” Tony said. Gibbs’ face had a confused look on it.

“You know that Jackson wanted to be there,” Abby said.

“Of course I do, but he couldn’t help it, it’s not his fault,” Tony replied.

“I hope that the tests come back negative,” Abby said, something in her voice pained Gibbs.

“Me too Abbs, me too,” Tony said, his voice had the same tone ringing in it.

“He has to see Rani and Kaushal grow up,” Abby said.

“He will, let’s think positive, let’s just think that the tests have come back and they are negative,”
Tony sighed.

“Ok, I better go,” Abby said.

“Yeah, same here, Jethro will be up soon looking for me,” Tony said.

“Goodnight Tony,” she said.

“Night Abby,” Tony said before he hung up. Tony stood up and thought he heard something then shook it off. He went back to a sleeping Gibbs, or so he thought.

A few days past and Gibbs was getting fidgety with thoughts. Today was the day he was going to confront Tony about the conversation he’d had the other night. It was a good time to do it now, they had no cases and Jackson was down in Abby’s lab with the kids. Gibbs looked over to Tony who had his head down, working. As he got up Tony’s phone rang.

After a few yes’s, yep’s and ok’s Tony hung up. He jumped up and smiled at the still standing Gibbs.

“I’m just going out,” Tony said.

“Where?” Gibbs asked as Tony headed for the elevator.

“Out,” Tony yelled back as he got in. Gibbs stood there with an odd expression on his face.

“Maybe he’s planning to take you on the honeymoon you never had,” Ziva chuckled, she knew he didn’t like that topic.

“I don’t need to go on a honeymoon,” Gibbs said as he sat back down.

“Maybe you need one Boss,” McGee said as he threw a glance at Ziva.

“I don’t,” Gibbs said as he checked his emails, for the 5th time.

“But maybe that’s what you need, you might find it... refreshing for your soul,” Ziva smiled. Gibbs glared at her then McGee and they shut up right away.
Half an hour later Tony returned only to be pushed back into the elevator by Gibbs. He fiercely flicked the elevator off and stared at Tony.

“What is wrong with my Dad?” he demanded. Tony shied away from his look.

“Tony... What is wrong?” Gibbs asked.

“Nothing,” Tony said.

“Don’t lie,” Gibbs said angrily as he hit the wall.

“Jethro, I’m not lying the tests came back negative,” Tony said as he put his hand on Gibbs’ shoulder.

“What were the tests for?” Gibbs asked.

“Cancer,” Tony whispered. Gibbs looked at Tony in shock.

“That’s why he wasn’t at the wedding; he only lied and said he had the flu because he didn’t want to worry you,” Tony said as he kissed Gibbs’ cheek.

“He should have come to me... You should have come to me,” Gibbs said as he pushed back some tears.

“Jethro, he’s fine, that’s all that matters,” Tony forced a smile. Gibbs let a smile be forced onto his lips before Tony kissed him.

“Let’s go give Jackson the good news,” Tony smiled. Gibbs agreed. As they left the elevator at Abby’s lab Gibbs stopped Tony just before the door.

“Since you kept that from me I think I’ll have to punish you,” Gibbs whispered in a devilish tone. Tony smirked and hoped to god his pants would hide his now growing erection. He couldn’t help that Gibbs sent him off like that.
Chapter End Notes:
Hey everyone.. This is the final chapter of my Gibbs/DiNozzo story... I had so much fun writing it, I hope you all had fun reading it... Thanks for been great people and sending comments, you all rock...