- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Are Tony's thoughts true?
Half an hour later Tony stood and looked around. His heart sunk a little as he noticed Gibbs still wasn’t back. He started walking away.

“Where are you going?” Ziva asked as she watched him curiously.

“Isn’t a man allowed to go to the toilet without permission?” he said in a tone which was supposed to be sarcastic but came out a little harshly. Ziva immediately cast her eyes back down to her work.
Tony walked to the toilets and looked at himself in the mirror.

Why is he taking so long? Is he with someone else? Would he really do that?

“Don’t be stupid,” he said out loud to his reflection. Tony mentally kicked himself for going with his gut.

“That’s Gibbs thing,” he said to himself through clenched teeth. He couldn’t help but let the thought rise from the pit of his stomach.

What if.

He held back the tears and walked out only to run into McGee.

“Sorry Probie,” he said. McGee looked at him in a concerned way. Tony walked off back to his desk quickly scanning the room, but he saw no sign of Gibbs.

“Ziva,” Tony said as he looked to her desk. She looked up and into his eyes.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” he said as he dropped his head.

“It is ok Tony,” she said before dropping her head and going back to what she was doing.

Tony put his head on the desk and let the tears form in his eyes but he refused to let them fall. The day passed and to Tony’s hurt Gibbs still hadn’t returned.

“Tony,” came McGee’s voice in his ear. He looked up and saw McGee and Ziva standing at his desk.

“We’re going home, it’s seven,” McGee said as he looked at Ziva.

“Oh,” was all he managed to get out. He picked up his bag and followed them to the elevator. As the doors slid open they saw Abby, Ducky and Jimmy in there again.

“Tony, what’s wrong?” Abby asked as she gave him a hug.

“Oh, nothing, I’m ok, just tired,” he said as he felt a sickly feeling rise in his stomach.

“If you say so,” Abby said as she gave him another hug before the doors opened and they all filed out. Tony walked speedily to his car to notice Gibbs’ car still sitting next to his. He wished so desperately that the windows weren’t tinted so he could look inside, hoping to see Gibbs there smiling at him. He got into his own car and sped to his house. He sat in the driveway for some ten minutes before thrusting the key back into the ignition and driving to Gibbs’ house. The lights were on when he pulled up and he jumped out and ran to the front door.

He feverishly knocked on the door and heard the sound of footsteps. The door opened to reveal Gibbs. Tony’s face lit up and he wanted to jump upon the older man and kiss every inch of his body, instead he stood where he was.

“Tony,” Gibbs said as he looked at the younger man.

“Hey, can I come in?” Tony asked as he stepped closer.

“Umm, I was just off to bed,” Gibbs said as he held his ground.

“Oh, ok, well...I’ll just go,” Tony said half-heartedly.

“Tony,” Gibbs said as he watched him walk down the steps. Tony looked around at him.

“Goodnight,” Gibbs said as he started to close the door.

“Yeah, night,” Tony said as he walked to his car. He heard the door close as he got into his car.
He drove home in silence, not a thought ran through his mind. When he arrived home and went straight inside and into bed. There he hugged his knees to his chest and cried. He felt stupid about it but the only thing running through his mind was a horrible thought.

He’s cheating.

It repeated itself over and over again. Tony cried himself to sleep.