- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony and Gibbs talk...
Tony wanted so badly to ask Gibbs what the hell was going on but he remained seated.

After work.

He thought as he watched Gibbs intently. Gibbs looked up and met Tony’s gaze. They sat there staring at each other for some time before Gibbs looked back to his desk. Tony’s eyes fell to his desk and he sat there impatiently waiting for something to be said, but nothing was. An hour passed, Ziva and McGee returned.

“The FBI was there before us,” Ziva said sourly. Gibbs looked up at her.

“You let them take our suspect?” he asked.

“Well, you see, they...” Ziva started and stopped just as quickly when she saw the look on Gibbs’ face. Gibbs walked off without a word.

“He’s pissed off,” McGee said stating the obvious. Ziva went to her desk and started writing up a report. McGee looked at Tony who was working.

“Tony, you ok?” he asked. Tony looked up and gave a fake smile.

“I’ll get there Probie,” he said before putting his head back down. McGee fidgeted a little before starting work again.



“It’s nice to finally see some work getting done,” everyone looked up to see the director standing there watching them.

“Can we help you Director Vance?” Ziva asked as she put down the pen she was holding.

“Yes, you can all go home,” he said. Everybody raised their eyebrows.

“It’s 8.00, you’re probably tired,” he said as he pointed out the window to the darkness.

“I guess you’re right,” McGee said as he stood. Ziva followed McGee to the elevator before halting and turning.

“Tony,” Ziva said loud enough for him to hear. Tony looked up from his desk.

“I have to go see Abby,” he said. The elevator doors slid open and Ziva stepped in as she nodded in response to Tony. McGee gave a quick wave to Tony before the doors slid shut. Tony looked around, everything was quiet.

“Tony, did you talk to him?” came Abby’s voice. Tony looked around to see Abby standing near him.

“Soon Abs,” he said as he stood up.

“Please work things out, I hate seeing you two angry with each other,” she said before giving him a hug and leaving. Tony grabbed his things and proceeded to the parking lot. He got in his car then turned his head to see Gibbs’ car still sitting there. Tony contemplated his options then jumped into the back seat. He lay on the floor and waited. Half an hour passed before he heard Gibbs get into his car and reverse out.

Tony was quick to jump into the front and start the car up. Cautiously he followed Gibbs. When Gibbs pulled into his driveway he held back until Gibbs got out and went inside. He pulled up and ran to Gibbs’ front door. He knocked quickly and waited for Gibbs. Tony counted the seconds in his mind.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine...

The door swung open and Gibbs stood there.

“Tony,” he said. Tony smiled a little.

“Jethro, we need to talk,” Tony said as he stepped closer.

“Can we talk tomorrow?” Gibbs asked as he stood in the same position.

“No, we need to talk now,” Tony said in a slightly demanding voice.

“Tony, I think if we talked tomorrow it would be better,” Gibbs said in a defensive tone.

“No, Jethro, we talk now,” Tony said in a harsh voice. Gibbs was slightly shocked at his tone. Gibbs shook his head. Tony stepped closer then pushed his way into the house.

“Tony,” Gibbs said as he ran after him. Tony walked into the living room and seated himself on the couch.

“You can’t stay,” Gibbs said as he stood in the door way.

“Why?” Tony asked as he turned around to look at Gibbs.

“You just can’t,” he said.

“Why, is there somebody here?” Tony asked in a bleak voice.

“What?” Gibbs said in a shocked tone.

“Is there a beautiful red haired woman in your bed right now?” Tony said in a cynical voice.

“How could you think that?” Gibbs said as the pain from the knife like words cut into his heart.

“Is she waiting for you to go and make the sweetest love to her?” Tony said in his cynical voice once again.

“Tony,” Gibbs said his name in protest.

“I bet she is so beautiful, with honey eyes and lush lips and don’t forget the red hair that flows around her face and chest,” Tony said as tears fixed across his eyes.

“That’s not true,” Gibbs yelled. The words had torn his heart open, letting the horrible emotion seep out of the wounds. Gibbs felt himself cripple with an appalling pain that Tony thought he was cheating.

“Don’t lie to me Jethro,” Tony whispered as the tears fell down his cheeks.

“Tony, I would never cheat on you, how could I?” Gibbs said as he walked over and sat next to Tony.

“Quite easily,” Tony answered the rhetorical question.

“Tony, you are the most beautiful person, I thought I’d never find another person that I could love so much, please, don’t think that I’m cheating,” Gibbs said as he took Tony’s hand.

“How can I not think it Jethro? You’re been so secretive, leaving and not coming back for hours, giving me short answers, not looking at me like you love me, not saying that you love me,” Tony said in a pained voice.
Chapter End Notes:
Once again..sorry for not updating..I think I'll post several chapter to make up for it....