- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs leaves notes...... and Tony forgives him quickly....
“Tony, there is a reason, believe me there is, but please just be patient,” Gibbs said as he wiped away tears from Tony’s eyes. Tony shook his head.

“I swear Tony, it will be worth it,” Gibbs said as his heart started beating faster.

“Jethro I...” Gibbs placed a finger on Tony’s lips then replaced his finger with his lips. Tony wanted to pull away from Gibbs but he wanted more at the same time. Gibbs pulled his head back and looked Tony in the eyes.

“It’s your birthday tomorrow,” Gibbs said as he caressed Tony’s face.

“It is too,” Tony realised. He had been so caught up in Gibbs’ secrets that he forgot his own birthday. Tony yawned and a smile appeared on Gibbs’ face.

“What?” Tony asked as he looked questioningly at Gibbs.

“Your yawn is cute,” Gibbs said. Tony raised an eyebrow.

“My yawn is cute,” Tony said as he stared at Gibbs.

“You’re tried, let’s get to bed,” Gibbs said as he stood up. Tony nodded and followed Gibbs to the bedroom. Gibbs went to his drawers and pulled out a pair of sweat pants.

“There yours, you left them here a while back,” Gibbs said as he threw them to Tony. Tony smiled then started unbuttoning his shirt. Gibbs turned and stared; watching each of Tony’s movements. He turned away, scared that if he kept watching things might get out of hand. He heard Tony pull the covers back and get into bed. Gibbs walked into the bathroom and got changed then hurried back to the bedroom. He climbed into bed and Tony moved closer, cuddling into his side.

“Tony... I love you,” Gibbs said as he kissed his cheek and put his arm around him.

“I know,” Tony said softly. Gibbs ran his hand up and down Tony’s arm. Soon Tony was asleep, breathing gently against Gibbs’ chest. Gibbs didn’t want to sleep, too afraid that he might lose his lover if he closed his eyes, but the sleep took over like a disease.

Light seeped through the curtains and Gibbs’ eyes fluttered open. He looked to see Tony still snuggled at his side and he smiled. He quickly but silently removed himself from the bed. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and jotted down a note before taking a quick shower. Once he ate breakfast he quickly he headed out.

Tony woke to an alarm ringing. He rolled over and searched for the snooze button, finding it he slammed his hand on it. He opened his eyes to find himself in an empty bed. He sat up and shook his head. He slammed his fists onto the mattress and felt something underneath his left hand. He looked down to see a piece of paper folded in half. He picked it up and opened it; smiling widely when he saw Gibbs’ handwriting.

Happy birthday Tony... breakfast is in the oven, clothes on the chair in the corner of the bedroom and your keys are on the table.
I know it’s a Saturday, and your birthday, but please come to work.... Love Jethro xoxoxo


Tony smiled as he read the note. He quickly jumped up and got dressed before he ran to the kitchen and pulled out the bacon and eggs in the oven. He scoffed his food down, acting like a child when they get to play after they have done all the right things. He snatched his keys up and ran to his car. Jumping into the front seat he saw a note stuck to the steering wheel.

When you get to work go down to Abby’s lab, drive slowly and don’t cause any accidents because your inner child has gotten excited...
Love Jethro xoxoxo


Tony smile was so wide he thought it might just fall off his face. He tried to keep his speed low but the brick of excitement on his foot wouldn’t let him. He arrived at NCIS and ran like a gazelle to the elevator. He got down to Abby’s lab which was quiet.