- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs introduces Ziva to his first love...
Title: Petulant Waves
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Romance
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the NCISDrabble100 prompt #75 "Ocean"
Summary: Gibbs introduces Ziva to his first love...
Status: Complete 5/18/08 298 Words

---------------

She watched it start around his eyes and spread over his face, a smile she had never seen before in full bloom. She had caught glimpses of that particular smile before, they did work for the Navy, but he never allowed it to bloom fully while on duty. But here, today, with the surf curling around their toes, he let it blossom as it may.

The tang of the sea air was strong, and the breeze cool as they waded into the water. A petulant wave broke in front of them, soaking them to the skin, and he laughed. He laughed a laugh she had never heard from Gibbs before, a laugh of joy and of merriment. And as he scooped Ziva up in to his arms to carry her out deeper among the waves he kissed her, and she tasted coffee and Gibbs and salty sea spray.

They played like children in that surf, wrestling and dunking and throwing pieces of seaweed. And later when the sun had gone done they sat in the still warm sand with a blanket tucked around them. The stars came out and they listened to the waves gently breaking. He was more relaxed than she had ever seen him, and Ziva realized why. He was with his first true love. The ocean.

She felt honored that he introduced her to his first love, and she now understood his passion to craft a perfect vessel by his own hand, it was his gift to that first true love. Later, after they made love by the fire that Gibbs built, Ziva realized as she drifted off to sleep, that he although he had introduced his love, the sea, to her, that he had also introduced his new love, Ziva, to the sea...

--------------
the end.