- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
His little assassin liked to knit.
itle: Something So Domestic
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Romance
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the NCISDrabble100 prompt #33 "Baby"
Summary: His little assassin liked to knit.
Status: Complete 5/26/08 284 Words

---------------

Gibbs fingered the rows of careful, tiny stitches gently, a little smile ghosting his face. The soft yarn was multicolored and the rows were a medley, going from white to yellow to pink to blue. Baby colors. Ziva had started knitting the blanket last week for one of the girls at the office that was having a baby. He had found out that she liked to knit when she went undercover at the speed-dating circus

The idea that his little assassin enjoyed something so domestic made him smile every time he thought about it. The same as it did every time he actually saw her with yarn in hand, which was often since they started sneaking around to see each other upon his return from Mexico.

She had somehow taken over a corner of his basement. It had started simply, with her sitting cross-legged on his workbench knitting as he worked on the boat, both enjoying the quiet companionship. Now months later, there was an old, comfortable leather wingback chair that he had hefted down from the attic, with a little table and lamp in "her" corner. And today he was adding a cedar chest that he had made to her corner, to hold all her yarns and projects and protect them from sawdust.

As he placed the half-done blanket in the chest he heard her behind him and teased, "I thought you'd be done with this one by now."

"I finished the first one a couple of days ago, but I discovered that I needed to make another," she said with a little knowing grin as she slipped her arm in his.

"Somebody else having a baby?"

"Yes. Us."

---------------
the end.