- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs had a little surprise for Ziva on opening day.
Title: Taking Her Out To the Ballgame
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Romance
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the NCISDrabble100 prompt #28 (Baseball)
Summary: Gibbs had a little surprise for Ziva on opening day.
Status: Complete 5/28/08 282 Words

---------------

She smiled seeing Gibbs' name on her caller id and when she answered, it was obvious he was in a playful mood as he said without preamble, "I'm picking you up in a half hour. Jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt. A red one if you have one."

Ziva laughed, "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

And exactly a half hour later they were in his truck, heading for...

"A baseball game?" she asked as they parked.

It was in fact the opening day for the local farm team and the stadium was buzzing with children and families and vendors. It was pleasant chaos.

He bought her a team hat and a pennant, and they had their not-so-cold beer and hotdogs as he taught her the ins and outs of the game. He laughed as she got into the game, yelling and cheering. And the look on her face was priceless as the team mascot dragged her onto the dugout to dance, courtesy of Gibbs pointing at her, from behind her head.

They watched the seventh inning stretch antics on the field with the competing mascots and children. And in the final inning they were both on their feet cheering on a runner going for the winning run. And Gibbs found his arms full of a very excited Ziva when the runner made it home.

When it was all said and done, they were sunburned and hoarse from cheering, but they were riding a natural high. And as they walked with their arms around each other back to the truck, she asked, "Can we come again?"

He laughed and squeezed her in tighter, "I bought us season tickets."

---------------
the end.