- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Sometimes it was the simple enjoyments they shared...
Title: Simple Enjoyment
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/Ziva
Rating: FR7
Warnings: None
Categories: Drabble, Romance
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Note: Written for the NCISDrabble100 prompt #37 (Music)
Summary: Sometimes it was the simple enjoyments they shared...
Status: Complete 5/22/08 295 Words

---------------

They had pushed the coffee table out of the way and he had tuned the radio to a country station that played a lot of "old" country music. The music Hank Williams and Patsy Cline had crooned out so long ago. She stood in front of him, waiting. She only had to wait a moment before they were moving slowly, one of her hands in his, his other on her waist. Gibbs teased and told her, "Just follow my lead." And soon she had the knack of the steps, two slow, two quick. Their cadence an old one, one firmly ensconced in Americana. And his simple enjoyment of the dance and the music set a plan in motion in Ziva's mind.

It took a little research, and the arrival of a finally free weekend before she was able to surprise him. Without sharing where they were going she got him in the car and drove a ways out of the city to a smaller town that was home to a restaurant that she had found on the internet. Very plain on the outside, it was huge, and busy. Once inside she saw his eyes light up as he took it in, tables surrounded an enormous dance floor that had at one end a live country band warming up to play. The steaks were tender and the beer was cold and the music... well the music took him back to his father's day. And when his foot tapping finally got the better of him he pulled her out to dance with a laugh. And as they two-stepped around the dance floor, she again saw that simple enjoyment on his face, and it made her very glad to be the one sharing it with him.

---------------
the end.
Chapter End Notes:
Sometimes it was the simple enjoyments they shared...