- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva's headspace is still locked into her encounter with Hoffman, and Gibbs attempts to draw her out of it.
In the end, they drove back to his house. Ziva hadn’t minded, she actually felt better about being here, instead of at her own place. She didn’t know if she could handle the memories of what they were about to do haunting her there instead.

And now, Ziva was taking her jacket off and folding it over the couch, and looking around the house that she had been in and even broken into, in the past. There were no pictures of his wife and Kelly, and Ziva wondered where he kept them. She turned and looked at the old, decrepit television. The old CD player sat under a mound of old magazines and looked dusty and unused. The record player was about the only electric device in the room that looked like it was ever played. She looked to see if he had a bookshelf and caught him standing there calmly in the doorway, just watching her. His intent expression took her breath away for a moment.

He walked towards her, and then his hands were cradling her face again, thumbs softly touching her cheekbones before moving deeper into her hair, skating over the bump on her temple. Ziva stepped forwards so that their bodies were touching full-length. She wasn’t sure, but she thought his breath just might have caught in his throat when she did that. Smirking and matching his eye contact, she captured his bottom lip between her teeth, and sucked before slanting her mouth over his.

In response, his fingers tightened in her hair, and then sensually massaged her scalp. Ziva groaned and shivered, her own hands digging underneath his shirt and scratching lightly at the skin she found there.

As his tongue met hers and slicked along it, she wondered what sort of lover he’d be. Their tongues moved slowly against the other, and Gibbs held her firmly against his lips, until she was yearning for oxygen but desperate to prolong the kiss. Eventually she tore her lips away and gasped a breath, looking to the side and still touching his skin, her fingers curling against him without her knowledge. Gibbs’ fingers moved gently from the back of her head to trail once more over her face so that she ended up looking at him.

His index fingers ghosted over her eyelids, and Ziva closed them dutifully. And then his fingers were touching her cheeks, either side of her nose, the spot where her ears met the side of her face, and then her lips, so lightly that she bit her lower lip to remove the lingering tickling sensation. A finger came back and stroked more firmly, and Ziva exhaled and then bit the finger gently, opening her eyes to meet Gibbs’, just as his drifted shut. She smiled around his finger, and then flicked her tongue over the tip and his eyes opened again. Ziva thought she could feel sparks leaping between their gaze. She had never expected that they would have any chemistry.

Gibbs leaned forward and gently captured her lips again, and Ziva kissed him back just as softly. She noticed that he seemed to have some obsession with her lips, and she wasn’t about to complain. When he pulled away, her lips followed and he chuckled. It was a very masculine sound, the kind that knew what was about to happen next.

Ziva’s mind started working though, as the cold air touched her lips, and she looked away again.

‘Hey,’ Gibbs said softly, ‘hey, do you need me to kiss you every time you get that look on your face?’

‘What look?’

‘Troubled. Scared. The day you killed Hoffman, I hadn’t seen you like that before. Even when you called me back once I’d quit and you needed help. This time you sank a bit deeper, didn’t even ask anyone for help. You know you can always come to me right? You don’t have to wait until I corner you.’

‘Gibbs,’ Ziva said, half in exasperation, and frustrated that he was bringing up her vulnerabilities. She was well aware of just how fragile she had felt, and how much of that she couldn’t effectively hide from her team, the people around her.

‘I know, you don’t want me talking about it. I’m saying if you need me, I’m around. There’s not some rule saying you can’t come find me after tonight. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable or…unable to come to me for help. I’ve always…’ Gibbs laughed, ‘I’ve always had a soft spot for you, Ziva.’

‘Me too.’ Ziva said stiffly, made suddenly uncertain by his expression of concern and care for her.

‘I am going to have to kiss that look away,’ Gibbs said, leaning in capturing her mouth, moving his tongue firmly within and kissing away her doubts and fears. Ziva’s eyes drifted shut again and she moaned as his tongue started moving rhythmically against hers. Her hands moved up from where they had been resting against his skin, to grasp at his shoulders, and then to stroke his neck. One of his hands was spanned protectively against her lower back, and the other was slowly trailing from her lower back to her hip, where he rubbed her hip bone through her jeans.

Ziva felt like she was going out of her mind, she couldn’t believe that this was happening, and was having difficulty grasping the idea that Gibbs was a sensual lover. For some reason she had imagined him being functional, perfunctory, and now she had no idea how she had ever come to that conclusion in the first place. She moved her lips across the corner of his mouth, over his cheek and then licked her way down his neck until she was biting at the place where his shoulder and neck met.

Gibbs grunted and then laughed.

‘Okay, bedroom.’

‘I think that would be wise.’ Ziva murmured, and followed him, her legs shaky, as he lead her through to his room. It was sensibly furnished in neutral colours. She moved onto the bed and then started to undo her boots. Gibbs watched her, and then started to unbutton his shirt.

When he joined her, he was bare-chested but still had his pants on. She had removed her socks and then moved up and took her shirt off in one fluid movement. She was impressed when he didn’t immediately move over her heavily, but instead laid alongside her. One elbow supported him as he leaned into her, kissed her, and placed his warm palm against her belly. She smiled against him and gently scratched her nails down his side, feeling the gentle shiver she stirred within him; and then placed her hand over the hardness of his chest, feeling the warmth there as he inhaled against her mouth.

She leaned her body weight into him, letting it press her hand more firmly against him; and slowly he rolled backwards and she moved over him, straddling him and lowering her mouth to his shoulder. She kissed and bit gently, moving her way down until she could lick his nipple and listen to his breathing change. His hands moved through her hair, shifting it, touching her scalp, caressing her ear… but never forcing or pushing. She kept that touch as her lifeline as she tasted him with her mouth and savoured the scent of him.

She moved the hand against him to deftly undo his jeans, eagerly tugging them down once she had safely undone the fly. He helped her by lifting his hips and she threw them into some corner of the bedroom. He started to remove his boxers, but she stopped him, placing her hands over his and then dropping her mouth down to capture the head of him in her mouth; sucking through the fabric. She could feel the muscles in his hands clench as she did so, and lifted her head only to blow across the wetness she had created.

When she looked up to see whether he wanted her to continue, he jerked forward and kissed her once more, passionately bruising her lips and then using his body weight to tip her sideways so that she was lying on her back.

She had a brief moment, where she remembered Hoffman’s dead weight over her, and she froze and then looked away in frustration. Even here, even now, the ghost of that man haunted her.

Gibbs had paused, and then his hands gently framed either side of his face.

‘Where did you go?’

‘A nightmare.’ Ziva said, shakily. She turned back to see Gibbs’ confused expression and she shook her head with a jerk. ‘Nothing. It was nothing. Just Hoffman, I am sorry.’ Gibbs grimaced and rubbed his fingers over her tense forehead, and then over her narrowed, frustrated mouth. She smiled a little.

‘You don’t need to be sorry, Ziva. I just wanted to know. We can stop if-’

Ziva’s hands reached between them and she grasped him through the thin fabric of his boxers. She smiled up at him and his lips quirked in response.

‘Point taken.’ He said. He leaned down and started to kiss Ziva’s neck, and she closed her eyes as goosebumps rose on her skin. One of his hands reached to her breast and he trailed fingers lightly over her before touching her nipple with confidence. Her breath caught in her throat, and then she moaned when he slipped a leg between hers. His knee came up to rub against her as his lips moved down to her nipple. Ziva’s hands swooped down to her own fly to take off her pants and she wriggled in frustration, until he moved his legs away.

Ziva shucked the rest of her clothing impatiently, and halfway through kicking off her jeans she was surprised to feel a warm hand threading through her hair, massaging at her scalp. Her neck tilted back and she groaned softly. Her face turned towards him, seeking, as her jeans simply fell onto the floor. His lips found hers and she collapsed back into the bed, warming towards him, pressing her head back into his gentle hand.

‘So, we are going to do this?’ She said very softly, as her hands moved across his chest to his nipples to caress them gently. Gibbs smiled and withdrew his hand from her hair (at which she pouted), to withdraw a condom from his chest of drawers. He put it beside them and then started to kiss her once more. Ziva found herself thinking that she could really get used to this, she appreciated a sensual lover, especially one who could kiss.

Ziva took the condom from him, and was about to open it to put it on him, when he stopped her by placing his fingers gently over hers.

‘What’s your hurry?’ He whispered against her mouth, and then kissed his way down to her neck. As he licked and kissed at her collarbone and neck, Ziva’s head tilted back and she arched into him. This is very good, she thought, and she smiled when she felt his warm fingers on her inner thigh.

He moved up slowly. Stroking over the curls between her legs softly, too softly, and she was arching up again, to try and get him to do more. Gibbs chuckled and one of his fingers slipped between her, to test her wetness. Ziva’s relaxed sigh turned into a hoarse cry of pleasure when it immediately became two fingers sinking deeply into her. Stars moved across her eyes as he captured her lips again, and the pads of his fingers curled up against her, over and over again. The moans that left her mouth were loud, and Gibbs caught every single one of them. Her hips undulated with the rhythm of his fingers, and her hands grasped at him, first massaging at his back, and then curving over his ass, and then one fell unnoticed at her side while the other stayed hanging onto him, as the pleasure built like sparks inside of her.

Ziva sobbed when his thumb pressed alongside her clitoris, and then rubbed along the nerve endings. The intense feelings were building inside of her, and she felt like Gibbs was everywhere. Within her, over her, his lips on hers, creating a cocoon of himself around her so that she could only focus on him and the sensations he was creating. She gasped away from his mouth as his rubbing became firmer and more insistent.

‘Gibbs, Gibbs…please…I need…’ she trailed off, her hand clumsily, weakly found its way to between his legs. Travelled up his thigh, grasped him firmly. ‘Please.’ She insisted, pulling gently at him.

‘Just let me do this, Ziva,’ he whispered, his voice thick with arousal, his fingers inside her changing their pace so that they pulled almost all the way out before sliding so strongly home again, fingers rubbing at that place inside of her. Small sounds dropped out of her mouth, whimpers and ‘ohs,’ that fell on top of each other, one after another. She realised, very suddenly, that Gibbs was more interested in bringing her to orgasm than sinking inside of her at this moment, and she abandoned herself to him.

The moment when her neck arched and louder cries moved out of her mouth, he moved his thumb directly onto her clitoris. His lips rested near hers, on the corner of her mouth, as her entire body tensed and contracted powerfully; and then the hoarse shouts of her orgasm broke out against his ears, her body shuddered against him, and she arched up, and up, against him.

For Ziva, the orgasm lasted a long time. As his fingers withdrew, and he put on the condom himself (that had fallen, forgotten, on the bedspread), she still shuddered. And even still, as he pushed himself into her, and then lifted her hips with his hands so that he could get as deep as possible. Her inner walls contracted around him powerfully, at first involuntarily, and then, as she became more aware, on purpose.

Gibbs caught his breath after one particularly strong contraction and he began moving quickly inside of her. She matched him, hips moving up as he entered, and then withdrawing when he did. One of his hands moved from her hips to her breasts, and she moaned when he caressed and then gently pinched her nipple. And her own hands wandered across his chest, and then one moved up to cradle his face and draw his head down so she could kiss him. Their tongues battled as he thrust inside her, and when they pulled apart, gasping, Ziva could feel the shudders begin in Gibbs’ body that meant he was going to come.

‘Jethro,’ she whispered, and he looked at her with such an intense gaze that for a moment she forgot what she was going to say. And then she tightened her walls against him and smiled at him sultrily. ‘This is good.’ She said, arching up into him, as he moved into her.

His breath fell out of him all at once, and he crushed her lips against his as he shuddered to a halt inside of her, orgasming deeply within. She moaned happily and kissed him with equal fervour, riding out his pleasure and stroking his arms as they shook from holding himself up over her. They kissed and kissed, until he drew his head back and then rolled them both to their sides so that he wouldn’t have to collapse on top of her.

‘Can we do this again?’ She asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He laughed, stroked her sweat-slicked forehead with his fingers and then leaned in and touched his nose to hers, a sign of affection and sweetness that she hadn’t suspected he had in him. Her head leaned into him, and then she watched him as he rolled away and stripped the condom off himself.

Oh yes, reality. She thought sadly, and was surprised when he moved back to her and then drew her into a hug. When they withdrew, he looked more serious.

‘I don’t believe in workplace relationships. I’m your boss, Ziva.’

‘This is not very professional, is it?’ She agreed with him, and then one side of her lip quirked into a grimace. ‘Where I come from, you take what you can, because you don’t know when you will get it again. It is safer for warriors to love each other, than to love those who cannot fight to protect themselves.’

‘I don’t think I’ve ever heard it put that way before. Do you want a committed, long-term relationship? Because I can’t give that, Ziva, and-’ He stopped talking when she rested her fingertips against his mouth.

‘Neither can I,’ she said softly. ‘I do not want to. I did not ask you for a long, committed relationship. I asked if we could do this again.’

This will complicate things.’

‘Things are already complicated now. I think it would be better to enjoy that complication, than avoid it. Yes?’

Gibbs leaned in to kiss her gently; little, repeated kisses that had her smiling and chuckling against him. She reached back and drew the edge of his bedspread over them both.

‘I think we can talk about this tomorrow morning, over some coffee. And you can tell me all about how you think we can enjoy this complication.’

Slowly he drew her down so that she was resting her head on his pillow. Even though tendrils of uncertainty bubbled through her, she felt her body demand sleep and eventually after giving him one final smile, she closed her eyes and surrendered to what tomorrow would bring.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed! I'm not sure whether to turn this into an ongoing series or not, but as it is, it is complete like this too.