- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My 1st Fic! (: The ending to me didn't really sound like a Kate/Tony thing to do Oh Well (:
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate + Tony Realize they love each other while Kate's being held hostage. A hint of McAbby.
It was a stormy, winter night at the NCIS Headquarters. Gibbs had already left and McGee was finally on that date with Abby that he'd wanted for weeks. Kate was sitting at her desk furiously typing - almost breaking the buttons on her keyboard as she touched them. Tony noticed that every 15 minutes she would stop and put her head in her hands,"What's up, champ?" He asked glancing over at Kate. "Nothing, it doesn't matter, You wouldn't care anyway" She once again placed her head in her hands. By this time Tony had walked over and kneeled beside her, putting his arm around her. "Come on Kate, What's up?" There was silence... "I think I deserve to know seeing as you've forced me - Tony DiNozzo - to put my arm around you" She let out a quiet chuckle and looked at him with tears in her eyes."One of my friends died this morning..." Tony began "Oh..Urm..Well... You'd never guess what-" Kate rolled her eye's "Why now?" She thought "Why now is it he has to make some sarcastic joke, I new he wouldn't care!" "What is it Tony?" She finally asked. "I know how you feel" "What?" "I know how you feel.. Just last year I put my favorite film into my Gran's grave, I mean Why? It's not like she's going to watch it!" Kate gave off a slight grin, Tony, still looking like an angry child. "Thanks Tony" Kate said with a smirk. "For what?, The old hag seriously stole my film!" "For cheering me up with your 'DiNozzo' stories" "Oh um.. Your Welcome? I didn't know my pain was an amusement" He said with a confused expression. Kate gave him a quick hug and put on her coat - Putting a smile back on Tony's face. "You sure you're okay?" Tony asked examining Kate. "I think I'll survive, Thanks again Tony". Kate made her way to the elevator when a voice came from behind her "Wait up! I'll drive you home" Tony shouted.

---Tony's Car---

Kate was gazing out of the car window as a tear rolled down her cheek. Tony glanced over and put his hand on top of Kate's, Comforting her. "It's gonna be okay" Kate looked at Tony's hand and then up at Tony. Tears flooded out of her eyes "No, It won't" "Yes, it will. Come on Kate, where's that sexy smile you always have? Gone? Okay then I don't care if you break my ribs for this tomorrow, but you're staying at my apartment tonight no matter how much you hate it" Tony turned his eyes back to the road. "No, I--" Tony cut her off "It's actually not that filthy".

---Tony's Apartment---

Tony unlocked the front door and strutted in with Kate following. She stopped a few steps in, astonished. "Wow.. Tony, THIS is your apartment?" "Yea, I told you it wasn't a mess, HA I beat Kate Todd" Tony stuck out his tongue like a foolish child and did a little dance. Kate
glared at him and rolled her eyes, holding back her laughter. She gave off only a smirk. "You want a beer?" Tony asked "Sure". Kate took a seat on the couch while Tony went into the kitchen. "They're not very expensive so don't expect them to taste good" Tony commented as he drifted into the living room. He saw Kate curled up asleep on the couch. He stood for a moment admiring how cute she looked while she slept. He sat next to her head and carefully placed it on his leg so she'd be comfortable. He then covered her with a small blanket that was placed on the back
on his couch.

[A couple of hours later]

Tony had fallen asleep with a beer in his hands - which was now all over the cushion at the corner of his couch. Kate shifted in her sleep and opened her eyes. She yawned and stretched her arms - still lying on Tony. She had a disgusted look on her face as she felt the wet pillow with her hands. She realized she had been asleep on Tony. "I didn't fall asleep on him, did I?" She spoke to herself. Tony flickered and opened his eyes while yawning. "Hey" He managed. "You weren't here when I went to sleep, were you?" Kate asked. "No, I just thought it would be more comfortable for you seeing as-" Kate put a finger to his lips "Thanks Tony". "What time is it?" Kate looked at her watch"3:24". Tony groaned "2 hours and 30 minutes left of sleep before we have to get up for work". "My neck is killing me" Kate explained. "Lie down" Tony stated. "What? Why?" Kate asked. "Just do it, I'm gonna work my magic fingers on you" Kate did as instructed and lay her head on Tony's lap. Tony placed his thumb and middle finger on Kate's neck massaging it until she finally got to sleep. He turned over the wet cushion and carefully placed it under her head before he made his way to the bedroom and off to sleep.

His alarm went off at 6:00 and he jumped - while snorting may I add. He slowly got out of bed and went into the Living room to find Kate had gone! "Kate, Kate, KATE!" He shouted. There was no answer only a small whine coming from the kitchen. Tony pulled out his gun and made his way into the kitchen, trying to see around the door - no luck. He jumped out raising his gun. To his horror he saw a masked man holding a knife to Kate's throat. "I killed your friend, then I was coming to kill Tony!" The man said. Tony butted in "But why me? There's her family, her friends, Why would you want to harm me, she doesn't care about me as much as she cares about her family and surely it's people she loves your trying to kill just to get to her" "Oh surely she's told you?" The man asked. "Told me what?" Tony glanced at Kate's worried eyes glistening with tears. The man started "December 6th, Today was the day I realized that I love Tony, I feel for him whenever I'm around him, Now I know why I felt butterflies in my stomach that night he hugged me in Abby's lab, Abby just looked away smirking...That's what her diary says" The tears Kate had been holding back
suddenly started to fall. "Really? You...love me?" Kate just nodded. "Wow.. because I've been wanting to tell you something. I used the excuse that your friend died to invite you over, because..well...I had a crush on you." "Oh shut up just make a choice, You wanna die? Or shall I kill Kate instead?" The man stated. "No Let her go! Kill me" Tony merged. The man took a shot at Tony's arm and pushed Kate away. "Goodbye Katie, better go save your friend or should I say the dead corpse over there" He let out a laugh and walked out the back door with Kate's eyes glaring at him. Kate ran over to Tony who was squirming on the floor holding his left arm. "It's gonna be okay Tony, it's just your arm" Kate explained as she rubbed his head. "I really do love you Kate" Tony blurted out. Kate and Tony just stared at each other for a few seconds. Kate moved in for the kiss feeling Tony's soft lips press against hers. He didn't attempt to pull back, he didn't want to, It might be the only chance he gets with her, the only one he's aloud or else Gibbs will have his guts. Kate pulled back after what seemed like minutes but was really only like 1 minute. "Well..." Kate started. "That was nice.." Tony explained and grinned to hide his embarrassment.

---NCIS Headquarters 3 Months later---

Gibbs stood from his desk "Where's McGee?" "On Abby" Tony explained. Gibbs' eyes widened and Tony continued "That didn't come out right..." Kate chuckled and explained "He's guiding Abby round a museum or something" Gibbs gave a small smile and left through the elevator to go to his favorite coffee shop. Tony looked over at Kate's desk and Kate looked over at Tony's. Tony signaled to Kate to come over, and she did as asked. She sat on Tony facing him and took a hold of his shirt with both hands as she started to kiss him.

Gibbs Came back not long after and dropped his coffee at the scene. Tony's shirt half open
with Kate plonked on top of him lying on the floor behind Tony's desk.


[1 Hour Later]

After some calming down Tony and Kate headed for Gibbs to apologize "We understand if you want to fire us I mean-"
Gibbs Grinned. "What are you grinning for, did someone win a lifetime supply of coffee?" Tony asked as a smile merged onto his face. Gibbs with a smile still on his face said "Slap him for me, Kate" Kate did as instructed and slapped Tony on the back of the head, whilst evily laughing. "You ready for what I've got to say now?" Gibbs asked. "Urm.. Yea" They both said.
...
"To hell with rule #12! You deserve to be happy, As long as it stays out of the office" Gibbs started to stand making his way to the elevator. He stopped outside of it and turned around seeing Tony's arms wrapped around Kate's thigh and Kate's hands on Tony's face kissing one another. "Hey! I said out of the office! You wanna do that? Buy me the coffee you owe me!" Gibbs yelled as Tony ran for his wallet.


The End (:
Chapter End Notes:
My 1st Fic! (: Th ending to me didn't really sound like a Kate/Tony thing to do Oh Well (: