- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate and Gibbs are together. She is with the Secret Service, he NCIS.She has been away for 3 months. What has Gibbs got planned?
3 months

KATE POV

Tonight is my last night with him. He is taking me out for a romantic dinner. You know I never thought of him as the romantic type, even after the whole years of dating. I am home alone getting ready while he is still at NCIS. That’s where he works and that’s how we met.
I was on Air force One, as I am with the secret service and a marine died after having lunch with the president and so him and his team came on board to take over the investigation. Although I was with Tim at the time I still felt attracted to him, Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
Since that day we have been seeing each other and it has been the best 3 years of my life. But as I was saying, tonight is my last night with as tomorrow I leave on Air Force One for 3 months as the presidents does his leader trip.
Alright where is he?

GIBBS POV

Shit shit shit, I’m late. Damn DiNozzo. I actually made restaurant reservations and now they are going to be cancelled because one stupid man can’t type properly. She leaves tomorrow and I have to spend tonight in my office waiting for some stupid report from DiNozzo, which took over 3 hours.
Ok, we have 20 minuets to make the reservation. All I have to do is run in, change my shirts, grab Kate and go.

“ Kate, you ready?” Gibbs calls as he runs inside and up the stairs to the bedroom.
“ Yes, what took you so long?” she asked as she met him at the bedroom door.
“ Got held up. I’ll meet you at the car” he said kissing her on the cheek as he walked past her. Kate went out to the car while Gibbs changed his shirt and put on some cologne.

“ Thankyou Gibbs. It was perfect” Kate said as they walked hand in hand down the wharf. They stopped and looked out over the railing at all the lit up boats out on the water.
“ Your worth it” he said kissing her. She looked down at the railing then back out at the boats.
“ You know, every time I see a boat or a ship I will think of you” she said not looking at him. He looked over at her. The lights reflecting off the water made her glow. He realised just how beautiful she was. He pulled her over to him and wrapped her in his arms. She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his chest. He kissed her head.
“ I wish this night would never end” she said softly.
“ It doesn’t have to” he said looking down at her. She pulled back and looked up at him. She knew what was coming and she couldn’t say no. She smiled and took his hand.


KATE POV

Wow. Gibbs was a machine last night. I didn’t think he had it in him. I mean I know he is a total sex god but last night was mind blowing.
He looks so peaceful when he sleeps, like nothing in the world could possibly darken his day, except maybe the simple fact that he has to take me to the airport this morning. I don’t want to but I know I should.

“ Gibbs. Its time to wake up” she said softly in his ear as she placed kisses along his face.
“ 5 more minuets” he grumbled as he pulled her down to his mouth and kissed her.
“ I’d love to but then I’ll be late”
“ So”
“ So, get up” she said kissing him once and getting up.

GIBBS POV

God its that time already. Last night was absolutely amazing and now it all has to end…well for 3 months anyway. I agreed to take her to the airport so that way it wouldn’t be a rushed goodbye here. I don’t want to get up because I don’t want her to go and no matter how many times I say I don’t want her to go she still convinces me she’ll be fine. I have no doubts that she wont be fine its everyone else. She is protecting the president and let me count how many people actually hate that guy.

“ Gibbs I’ll be fine. I’ve gone away before and I’ve come back safely, what’s so different this time?” she asks on the way to the airport.
“ You’ll be gone for 3 months” he replied. She looked at him and for the first time she could tell how much he really cared for her. She had never noticed it before.
“ I’ll call you every day or when I get the chance, ok. Just try to relax” she told him.

GIBBS POV

Relax! She wants me to relax! You try relaxing when your girlfriend is about to go on a 3 month trip on an aeroplane that is occupied but mostly men and see how you feel. Ok she has a point, I do need to relax.

KATE POV

Oh I wish I didn’t have to go, then we would both be happy. Its only 3 months. That’s just it. We’ve done weeks and a month but never 3 months. Oh god, its going to take forever. Tell me why I chose this profession.
I am no good with goodbyes.

They drove into the airport and over to the plane where the rest of the agents were beginning to board the plane. Gibbs stopped the car and they got out. The loaded her bags on to the plane and said they were ready and that the president is on his way.
She turned to face Gibbs. Her eyes were already filling up with tears.
“ Well I should board now. I have to be on before the president is” she told him. He nodded. She couldn’t move. He stepped towards her and wrapped his arms around her. She finally did the same to him. Her head resting on his chest.
“ I’ll miss you Kate” he said then kissed her head.
“ I’ll miss you to Gibbs” she said with a croaky voice. He looked down at her and could see the tears starting to appear. He smiled and kissed her.
“ Its ok. 3 months isn’t that long” he told her. She smiled and kissed.
“ I love you” she said then let go of him.
“ I love you” he replied. She made her way to the plane. She climbed the stairs and when she got to the top she turned around and waved to him.

KATE POV

Ok yeah that could have gone better. I miss him so much already and we haven’t even left the ground yet. Sure I love my job but I love Gibbs way more. It’ll be fine. I’ll be fine. Travelling the world, that’s seems like fun.

GIBBS POV

It has only been 2 hours and already the house feels empty. I have nothing to do except work on the boat…our boat. What am I going to do for 3 months? Yes there is work but Kate did all the shopping, before I would go down the street and buy what I wanted when I needed it. I’ll ring Ducky and see what he is up to.

1st month

KATE POV

Wow its only been a month. I suppose its not as bad as I thought, I mean I get to hear his voice every night, its not the same but it will do.
So far everything is going well. No one has tried to kill the president…yet and with any luck no one will.
I think the most interesting thing that has happened so far was when we were in Australia, we met with the new Prime Minister and his wife. They were lovely but my god I cant believe how popular he is. There were still posters up in the streets with what I take was his slogan ‘ Kevin ‘07’.
Ok so I did think it would be worse then what it is but I would still rather be home then here.
Oh my god. Next month is our 4th year anniversary. Now I really wish I was home.

GIBBS POV

This month has just flown by. Work has been pretty hectic. Must be a full moon or something. So far Kate has rung every night and it doesn’t matter if we don’t have any news for each other we just like hearing the sound of each others voices because we know everything is ok.
I have been finding myself watching the 5 and 11 o’clock news to make sure nothing has happened.
She did remind me that month is our anniversary. 4 years. 4 years ago I would of never thought I would be here. I have no idea what to get her. I’ll have to as Ducky.

KATE POV

One more month. One more month until I get o go home and see Gibbs. I called him on our anniversary and we talked for hours, just about what we have done together. I know he doesn’t like talking about his feelings but he really opened up. It made me want to go home even more. I’m used to the airline food and the sleeping arrangements but its nothing like home being in my comfy next to Gibbs.
Well so far this month it has been really quiet. We went to China, India, Korea, Russia and some other places with paparazzi.
I haven’t even brought Gibbs and anniversary present. I just haven’t had the time.

GIBBS POV

She rang the other night. God I miss her. We talked for hours just about us. She said she was sorry that she missed our anniversary. I told her not to worry about and that I will give her her present when she gets back. Which gives me more time to pick it out. Well I didn’t exactly get the idea Ducky suggested it and it is a wonderful idea.
Its still a month til she gets back and that is still to long away. This has gone fast even though I have been stuck at work doing nothing but paper work and listening to Tony, McGee and Ziva ramble on.

KATE POV

Thank god. We are finally on our way home. We left France about 3 hours ago so we should be home soon…all going to plan. We had a day off in Paris so I did a bit of shopping…well not for, for Gibbs. I brought him a watch as he is always complaining about the one he has now, a couple pairs of boxers, more of that cologne that he wears and a pair of sunglasses. I hope he likes them. I cant wait till we touch down. I cant stop thinking about him and what he has planned for tonight, I know what I want to do…I don’t think he will have any objections.
I keep looking towards the president’s room expecting there to be an emergency since there hasn’t been a single one. It would only be natural for something to go wrong this close to home. I soon relaxed back into the seat to enjoy what was left of the trip. I was disturbed by Cameron, a fellow agent.

“ The president wishes to see you Kate”
“ Why?”’
“ I don’t know. He got a call and requested you right after it”
So I followed Cameron back to the president’s quarters and entered.

“ Agent Todd?” he asked.
“ Yes sir” I said politely.
“ I have been asked to make sure that you are first of the plane and to ask you to get changed into the dress you bought in Paris” he said with a smile. I had no idea what he was going on about but as he was the president I didn’t argue.
“ Yes sir. Is that all?”
“ I think so. Oh and keep up the good work” he said with another smile.
“ Thankyou sir” I said and walked out.

I went and got changed like I was asked. I didn’t know why he asked me…oh…Gibbs.

GIBBS POV

I am at the airport early as everything has to be perfect. The red carpet, the roses down the red carpet, the white limo and my suit.
When I asked to talk to the president I didn’t actually think they would let me but once I explained the my girlfriend was on board with the secret service they let me through.
The president is actually quiet a nice man. I told him my plan and what I wanted him to do for me and he was very happy to take part. I just hope it’s the right thing to do. Ducky’s right though we both love each other.
I feel my chest tightening as I see the plane come in for landing. Everything looks perfect, I just hope the plans engines don’t make the roses fly to far away when it arrives.
It not long before I see the big air craft coming towards me. It lines the door right under the red carpet and the door opens and the ladder is released.
The first person I see is Kate in a stunning red dress.

KATE POV

What the hell is going on. Red carpet with roses blown all over it, a white limo and Gibbs in a suit that makes him look breath taking. I meet his eyes and I cant wait anymore. I want to be in his arms so much. I practically run down the stairs careful to trip and fall. I reach the red carpet and I calm down a little bit. A smile grows across his face. I am holding back right now as the president will be not far behind me.
I finally reach him. He smells so good.

“ Hi” she says with a smile.
“ Hi” he replies matching her smile. He steps forward and takes both her hands with hers. Both their hearts are beating at the speed of light.
“ I have missed you so much over the past 3 months and without I have done some thinking” Gibbs started.
“ I’ve missed you to” she replied. He took a deep breath.
“ Gibbs are you alright?” she asked.
“ Fine. I just have one question for you”
“ Ok” she said nervously.
“ Well its been 4 years now and I would have never thought I would meet someone like you. These past 3 months have made me realise how much I love you and how much I want to spend the rest of my life with you” he got down on one knee and Kate’s heart practically stopped. She could hear all the gasps behind her coming from the plane.
He pulled out a box from his coat pocket and opened it to reveal a stunning gold ring increased with diamonds.
“ Caitlin Todd, will you marry me?” he asked. She was frozen. Her heart was going a million miles an hour. Her mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. She tried so hard to say yes but nothing came out. She leant down and kissed him instead. Her hands cupped his face and pulled him back to his feet. Their kisses her hot and needy. Their passion was interrupted by a question from behind.
“ Is that a yes?” came the president’s voice. Kate and Gibbs turned and faced him.
“ Yes” Kate said with a smile on her face.
“ Yes” she repeated looking at Gibbs and kissing him again.
“ Well congratulations. I hope you two a very happy together” he said shaking Kate and Gibbs’ hands.
“ Thankyou sir” they both said.
Once they had loaded all of Kate’s belongings into the back of the limo they got into the limo and got taken home.
On the drive home the couldn’t keep their arms off each other.

KATE POV

I cant believe it. He actually did it. He asked me to marry him. I thought with his past he wouldn’t want another wife but I was wrong, so wrong. all I want to do is rip his clothes off and have my way with him, but as this I only a limo I don’t think our driver will appreciate that much. I’m sure Gibbs feels the same way as his hand is up under my dress and sliding up my thigh. I want him, I want him, I want him.

GIBBS POV

It went perfectly. Just as I planned. And now all I want to do is make love to her like I have never before. I haven’t seen her in 3 months so it will be better then the last time.
I cant control myself. I have to feel her. I have to kiss her. I would do it all right now but the driver would not appreciate that. I want to strip her down and kiss every inch of her.

They rush inside arms and lips locked onto each other. They fumble each others clothing as they head into the bedroom. Kate falls onto the bed and Gibbs on top of her. Gibbs’ kisses started a trail down her slender body.
“ I love you” she breathed, feeling him move down her.
“ I love you” he replied before kissing her sweet spot.


KATE POV

God last night would have to have been the best ever. He was everywhere doing everything. It was…amazing. He is amazing. First the proposal then the love making. There is no one I would rather be with.
I have forgotten how gorgeous he looks when he sleeps. His shaggy silver, muscular tanned back, strong arms, broad some what toned chest and…lets say the cutest arse I’ve seen in 3 months.

“ Kate, do you mind I am trying to sleep” Gibbs mumbles as he feels Kate’s touch on him, running from his hair to his…cutest arse she has seen in 3 months.
“ Not at all. Just reminding myself of what is now mine forever” she said with a kiss on his cheek.
“ Well in that case, I should do the same” he said and rolled over and kissed her.