- Text Size +
“Okay! I get it Ziva, we’re too good of people.” Tony sighed.

“Why hasn’t anyone noticed?” Ziva asked.

“What? That we’re still in the building? The other building Ziva! The one that blew up a few minutes ago!” Tony shouted.

“Tony! Calm down. Getting all worked up isn’t going to change anything.” Jenny said. “Now I suggest we all try to make it under a desk or something, that way we will have some sort of cover when the building explodes.”

“That is a good idea. Hopefully the bomb isn’t near us. Or hiding under desks wont change anything.” Ziva commented.

“What about Gibbs?” Tony asked.

“I don’t think we’d be able to move him seeing how we’re all bound up. Let’s just get under something now, before the bomb explodes.” Jenny advised.

“Right.” Tony said softly, starring at his boss as he scooted on the floor over to the nearest desk, which just happened to be his. He got underneath it when he noticed Ziva was trying to squeeze in with him. “Ziva! What are you doing?”

Your desk is closest and I do not know how much time we have left, now scoot over.”

“I’m am over! There is no where to scoot over to!”

“Well, then I’ll just sit on you. And don’t you do anything stupid. I don’t feel like killing you with a stapler right now.”

“Of course not Ziva.” Tony replied with a smile. He had the greatest view in the world the way Ziva was sitting.

“Tony! Stop starring down my shirt.” Ziva snapped noticing his gaze and the goofy smile.

“There really is no where else to look my darling Ziva.”

“Than close your eyes.”

“But that would be no fun Ziva.”

“Hey! Lovebirds! Stop bickering! If one of you died would you want this to be your last conversation?” Jenny called out.

“No, I would want it more like this.” Tony said as he moved his head closer to Ziva’s and planted a kiss on her lips and to his surprise she didn’t pull away but kissed him back. “I think I love you Ziva.”

“That is the I-am-about-to-die anxiety talking Tony.” Ziva replied placing another kiss on his lips.

“Well, you must be suffering from the same thing then Zee-Vah.”

“So maybe I am.” She went in for another kiss right before an explosion rocked the building.

She felt the shock wave and lost consciousness from the concussive force of it. The walls of the building collapsed and so did the ceiling falling down on top of them.

-------------------------------

The Director was curled up underneath McGee’s desk and prayed it would protect her somewhat when the bomb exploded. She worried about Gibbs who was still lying on the floor in the middle of the room. He would be unprotected when the bomb went off. She listened for the now silent Tony and Ziva as they whispered back and forth to soft for her to hear, not like she needed to. She had a good feeling of what Tony had done; it was about time. She closed her eyes and waited for the explosion to come.

--------------------------------

Tony felt Ziva lose consciousness as she slumped against him moments before he succumbed to the darkness himself.

-------------------------------

Outside, chaos was ensuing. A building had exploded only ten minutes ago. No one knew exactly how many people were inside and how many of those we still alive. The building next to it was now on fire as a result of the explosion. Sirens filled the air as fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars filled the Navy yard. No one was expecting what happened next.

A building on the other side of the yard exploded, exactly nine minutes after the first. Another fireball filled the sky as the third floor blew up. The top floors collapsed and imitated a balloon that had just popped. People started screaming again. Several firemen who had just arrived broke of from their group and headed to the other building.

-------------------------------

Tony awoke to pain. He could feel Ziva was still next to him. He could feel her breath hit his face. Thank God, she’s still alive. He slowly flexed each of his limbs. All was going well until he got to his left arm. It was defiantly broken. Which was logical seeing how it was on the outside edge of the desk. He slowly opened his eyes and tried to sit up. Then he realized Ziva was on top of him and gave up trying to move because he did not know how badly she was injured. He shifted his shoulder to move Ziva’s head to see if she would awake. No luck. Tony decided to sit and wait it out. Someone would be along soon.

-------------------------------

Jenny shifted underneath McGee’s desk, which was now much closer to the ground then before trapping her under it. She felt her left ankle throbbing, and she felt something on top of it, pinning it down. She sat and waited, coming to the same conclusion as Tony, someone would be along soon to rescue them.

As she lay there her thoughts drifted to Gibbs, who was stilling lying in the middle of the room. He was unprotected. The desk provided some, but minimal, protection, he had none. And if what Bob had said was true that could make his condition worse.

--------------------------------

Tony heard footsteps crunch along the wreckage. He called out to whoever it might be. “Hello! Is anyone there?”

“Tony! Oh my God! Are you alright, where are you?”

“Frank! What are you doing here?”

“I saw the building explode and I knew you guys were still in here.” Frank stumbled around to Tony’s desk and peered under it. “Well it took you long enough Tony.” He stated eying Ziva.

“Shut up Frank!” Tony watched as Frank bent down to move Ziva. “Don’t! She might be injured worse than what we can see. Go see if the Director is all right.”

“I’m fine Tony! I’m stuck under McGee’s desk. I think my foot’s pinned down.”

Frank moved over toward the desk on the other side of the room. Taking no note of the pile of rubble covering a body near Gibbs’ desk. “Hello Director, Having a lovely day?” Frank joked as he moved the rubble of her foot.

“Peachy thanks.” She slid out from under the desk and leaned against Frank as she stood up. She quickly scanned the room. She saw Ziva laying across Tony who still sat on the ground. “Where’s Gibbs?” She asked worry present in her voice.

“Gibbs was in here? Oh my God. Here was he?”

“On the floor in the middle of the room.”

Frank went over and started clearing as much rubble as he could on his own.

“Where’s the rest of the rescuers Frank?”

“Preoccupied with the other building that blew up. But I would have thought at least someone would have been over here by now.” Right on cue two firemen made their way out of the stairwell.

“Over here!” Frank called. “Three injured so far, one trapped under here.” Frank continued as he moved more rubble out of the way. One fireman came over and helped him as the other went over and checked Ziva for injuries.

More firemen came in from the stairwell and immediately got right to helping the two that were already there. Two carefully lifted Ziva up onto a stretcher. As they carried her away one leaned down to Tony and pulled him upright. “Thanks.” Tony said as he looked around his workplace. He could see blue sky above him in certain places where the roof had caved in. He turned to the Director who was refusing to go on stretcher to leave. He watched her turn her gaze back to Frank who had cleared the rubble of a body in the middle of the room.

It was Gibbs. He lay on the floor still not moving. He looked horrible. It was obvious that he had broken many bones and now was sporting a very nasty gash above his left eye. Tony heard the mutterings of the EMTs who had come to their aid as well. “Internal bleeding, possibly-probably a concussion, we need to move him now!” He turned to one the fireman who was still clearing rubble off the lower half of Gibbs’ body. “Work faster, we need to get this man out of here now!”

Once all the rubble was cleared from Gibbs’ body the EMTs quickly moved him to a stretcher and were moving him out when Tony called out. “Wait! He was drugged with something before this happened. I don’t know what but he has been unconscious since then.”

One of the EMTs nodded as they continued to the stairs carrying Gibbs. The Director silently got on a stretcher so she too could be carried out of the building. Frank walked over to Tony. “You need to go to Tony, you need to get that arm looked at.”

“Yeah, I know.” Tony said speaking to the floor. He started walking to the stairs and was followed by Frank. As he got out of the of the building he was ushered to an ambulance as he was taken to the hospital with Jenny.