- Text Size +
“Then why haven’t you killed me yet?” Jimmy-Michal? snarled. McGee had never seen him so aggressive before. He was always so pensive and guarded. I guess I never knew the real Jimmy. This is all very confusing.

“Now where would the fun be in that?” the man replied. “A quick death and you would feel no pain. No, I think I’ll leave you here to talk with your friend Michal.”

The man walked out of the room. McGee heard a lock click. He turned to Jimmy. “Michal?” McGee asked incredulously.

“There was a reason I never told anyone you know. Not that it matters now.”

“That’s just-just-“ McGee struggled for words.

“It’s just just.”

“So only Gibbs knows?”

“Yes and no.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” McGee asked slapping Jimmy on the arm. “And what exactly am I supposed to call you now?”

“Jimmy, it’s easier.”

McGee waited. “Yes and no what?”

Jimmy sighed. “Well, it’s complicated. There would be the people who helped create me a new identity and the agents on that case, which I don’t have to worry about.”

“Why is that?”

“Well, there were only two agents working that case, partners. One lives in Mexico now.”

“Franks?”

“Yeah, I don’t think I have to worry about him spilling my secret.”

“And Gibbs knows as well.”

“No, he doesn’t.”

“How is that possible?”

“He had been injured in the fight. He must have struck his head pretty hard. He had no memory of the last two weeks. He didn’t know who I was. But I knew him. Ending up working at NCIS was never part of my original plan. Those first few weeks, were a tad bit awkward for me. I kept thinking it was all an act and he did remember me, but I knew he couldn’t, as if Gibbs wasn’t scary enough already. Actually, when I took the job working with Ducky, I didn’t know Gibbs still worked here. I was really shocked the first time he came down to autopsy. I was so frightened, because first off, I didn’t even know he was in the room. And secondly I told you. Part of my subconscious thinks he does know. So even time he came down I was really nervous, and that’s just how people got used to knowing me. A naive frightened ME assistant. So I kept up the act, which wasn’t hard. Gibbs well, is Gibbs. Tony was the hardest to keep my act up around, he reminded my so much of one of my friends, it was hard to not act like normal. Kate was such an assertive, independent woman I was slightly frightened anyway. You, well, I was so used to the act, it was natural by then. Now when Ziva showed up, I really was scared.”

“I would guess so." McGee commented. “Wow Jimmy, I would never have imagined.”

“I’m actually kind of glad you know now, it takes some stress off of me. Not having to pretend as much.”

“You know jimmy, Gibbs might know.”

“Know what?”

“Who you really are.”

“Weren’t you listening at all?”

“I was, just when he lost his memory after the explosion he lost the last 15 years. This happened within the last 15 years. So who’s to say that when he got his memory back he didn’t remember this as well?”

“Wouldn’t he have said something to me then?”

“Jimmy, we’re talking about Gibbs. He’d only tell you he knew if it was really important.”

“True.”

“Or he just might not remember at all, and have no idea you had met before sometime in the past.”

“You’re not helping much McGee.”

“Sorry.”

-----------------------------------

Tony was sitting on a couch in Ducky’s living room. Ziva lay stretched out on the couch with her head in Tony’s lap; she was asleep. Ducky had offered the use of his home as an office of sorts so they could find McGee and Palmer without infringing on the FBI or somebody else. Abby had a several laptops spread out of the dining room table and was searching for a past file that might shed some light on the situation. Jenny was doing the same on another computer.

The front doors opened and closed as Ducky entered the house. Abby came running from the dining room. “Any news?” she questioned frantically.

“No. I’m sorry. I wasn’t in the room.” Ducky said as he sat down on an armchair.

“But Ducky, it’s almost been two weeks! How can they not let you in his room?!”

“They said his condition is to fragile to be having visitors. Apparently the drug is suppressing his immune system a bit and they don’t want to risk the chance of him getting a disease. He was moved to a clean room.”

“He’s still out then?” Tony asked.

“I’m afraid so.” Ducky sighed. “Have you found anything Abby?”

“Not yet, I better go keep looking.” Abby whispered as she got up to go back to the dining room. She wiped her eyes and went back to starring at the computer screen.

Ducky went up to her and pulled her into an embrace and whispered into her ear. “It’ll be all right Abby. They all will be fine. Don’t you worry.”

“Thanks Duck,” She replied. “I hope you’re right.”

---------------------------------

Abby was asleep on the couch, having given up her search for the night. Ducky was asleep upstairs in his room. Ziva and Jenny were searching for files and Tony was making coffee in the kitchen.

Tony placed a cup in front of Jenny and Ziva. “Any luck?”

“Nothing so far.” Ziva replied.

“I might have stumbled on to something here.” Jenny answered without looking up from the screen.

“What is it?” Tony asked walking over.

“I don’t know yet. But it involves Jimmy I think, and someone named Michal Connors.”

“What else does it say?” Ziva asked.

“It doesn’t, all I can see is those two names and the case agents. It wont allow me access to file.”

“It won’t allow you access? Something important must be in that file.” Tony said smartly.

“Probably, but if we can’t get in, it won’t do us much good.” Jenny added.

“Who were the case agents? Maybe we can just ask them.” Ziva suggested.

“Maybe, that might-no. So much for that idea.”

“Why? Who were they?” Tony asked.

“Gibbs-“

“Ah.” Tony mumbled.

“And Franks.” Jenny continued.

“What?” Tony asked.

“That’s what it says.”

“But he retired in ’96, that would make jimmy just a teenager when whatever this is happened.”

“I know.”

“Can we not just contact Franks and ask him about the case?” Ziva asked.

“Good luck with that Ziva.” Tony chirped.

“Why not, he has helped us before.”

“No, actually, he has helped Gibbs before. Big difference between us and Gibbs Ziva.”

“Still, he might be willing to help us a little. I’ll call him, tomorrow.” Jenny said standing up and grabbing her crutches so she could head to the guest room.

“Don’t you mean today?” Tony commented.

“DiNozzo…” Jenny said shaking he head.

“What?” Tony asked confused. “What did I do?”

“Ziva reached over and smacked Tony on the back of the head.