- Text Size +
“Got anything on Adam Lorel Abby?” Tony called from the kitchen.

“Not a lot yet, still searching for a file.”

“You find one. Adam knew how to cover his tracks. He hasn’t been seen from for about ten years.” Franks voice came over the speakerphone. He had agreed to help with as much as he could over the phone. He had already filled them in on the case. Now they were searching for Adam Lorel, the accomplice of Justin Loftus. Justin was murdered by Michal the night Adam fled.

“Know anything about him?” Tony asked.

“Nope. Just that he was an accomplice who helped murder the Connors.”

“Know any places he liked to hang out?”

“Nope, but if I were looking for a place I’d search the complex his father used to own.”

You said you didn’t know anything.” Abby accused.

“Tony asked about him, not his father.”

“Get me an address Abby. We’ll call you with an update Franks.” Tony reached down and hung up the phone. He grabbed the piece of paper Abby was holding. “Thanks Abby, I’ll be back later.”

“Wait! Tony! You’re not taking back up?”

“I’m not going to engage them Abby, just scout out the place. See if it would make sense to hold people in. And besides, who would I take?”

Abby couldn’t answer.

---------------------------

Tony pulled up to the complex. It looked old and defunct. The perfect hiding place for two hostages. Or more. He felt bad for lying to Abby, but otherwise she would never had let him leave. He holstered his gun and got out of the car. He had parked in the loading dock. It looked like it was the most abandoned place.

He didn’t see any security cameras so he proceeded across to a door. He cracked it open an inch. “Tony!” a voice whispered making him jump. He turned and stood face to face with Ziva.

“Ziva!” Tony hissed. You’re supposed to be resting. How did you even know I was here?”

“Abby told me you left. She was worried. She had a feeling you would try to engage them. Seriously Tony, without backup? You know how many of them there are. There were five or six before. What makes you think there are not more now?”

“I don’t know. But any idea is better than none. And I really didn’t think anyone was in great enough shape to help out.”

“Tony! You have broken arm too. Why do you think you are great choice?”

“I can still move around, fire a gun.”

“So can I! I’m coming with you whether you want me to or not, so we better get going.”

“Fine.” Tony opened the door slightly again. He peered inside and saw no immediate threat. “Let’s go.”

“Palmer, why do you think we’re still here?”

“What?”

“I’m mean, if he wants to kill you-“

“Why am I still alive?”

“Yeah.”

“He’s a coward.”

“How do you figure?”

“He ran after his partner was killed. I wasn’t armed anymore. He could have killed me then, but he didn’t. He ran. He’s a coward.”

“Explains a lot.”

------------------------

Tony led the way down the corridor. They hadn’t run into anyone yet. He approached a corner and slowed down. He motioned for Ziva to take the lead. She had moved into the next hallway then quickly backed up. “Company.”

“How many?”

“Two. They don’t appear to be armed, but I’m not going to assume anything.”

“Take them out?”

“Maybe. It might call unnecessary attention though.”

Tony peered around the corner and watched the two men. After a minute they walked in the other direction. “Ziva.” Tony hissed. “They left.”

“That is good, no noise, and we can continue to go undetected.”

Tony rounded the corner and walked down the hallway. He heard the men’s conversation in the distance and followed it hoping it would lead them somewhere useful. It did, Tony stopped before turning down another hallway. The men had stopped and opened a door.

----------------------------

McGee looked up when the door opened. Two men stepped inside. Neither of them were Lorel. One man deposited a tray of food on the floor next to the other untouched ones. The other just stood there. The one that had brought the food left the room and headed down the hallway.

-----------------------------

“Shit! He’s coming this way Ziva!” Tony whispered urgently backing from the corner. Ziva took his spot. She seemed to be readying her self for a fight. “What are you doing Ziva, we cant fight him!”

“Why not, it’s quieter than shooting him.”

“We’re injured that’s why. Just take your gun and whack him on the head, surprise. But no unnecessary noise.”

“Whatever you say Tony.” It was over in seconds. The man startled when he saw Tony. He never even saw Ziva, who came up behind him and knocked him out. “There, nice and silent.” She kicked the man over to the side of the hallway.

Tony rolled his eyes and walked down to the door. He held up his gun and walked inside. He crept up slowly to the man and quickly rendered him unconscious just as Ziva had done. He looked from the man and scanned the room. He saw McGee and Palmer sitting on the floor looking no worse off then they had before.

-------------------------------

McGee saw Tony in the hallway. He had his gun raised. McGee noticed Palmer had saw him too and was ready to call out to him, but McGee distracted him by punching him on the arm.

“Oww. Tim, what was that for?” McGee shrugged, and looked up to see Tony placing a blow on the back of the man’s head.

“Took you long enough Tony. What kept you?” McGee commented.

Ziva stood outside the door keeping watch. Suddenly she quickly ran into the room. “We are about to have company.”

“Shit.” Tony went and closed the door.

“What good will that do?”

“Well maybe they weren’t coming for them, Ziva.”

“I highly doubt that Tony.”

“We can hope can’t we? How many were there?” Tony asked.

“Many Tony, many.”