- Text Size +
Chapter Four

Tony sat across from Gibbs silently, eyeing the other man. The confident arrogance, the assurance that he was going to get his way, grated. Tony might not be the alpha male Gibbs seemed to be, but he wasn’t a wimp, ready to bare his throat and belly for the great big hunter either. And it was time Gibbs realized that, before things got any more heated.

“Have any more theories?” Tony ventured, twirling pasta on a fork.

“No work talk. We had a long day. Need to unwind.”

At least Gibbs seemed to have realized that they needed to back off the innuendoes for a little bit. And even though Gibbs was quiet, he had to be a decent conversationalist.

“You watch many movies? This reminds me of The Presidio. Ever seen it? Sean Connery, Meg Ryan, Mark Harmon…” When Gibbs shook his head, Tony continued. “Well, there was this murder of an MP on an Army base in San Francisco and this cop, played by Mark Harmon. He’s pretty much a TV star in like night time soaps and hospital shows, but he holds his own. Anyway he jumps in to try to find answers and he ends up in a battle of wills with this Army guy, played by Sean Connery, you know, the best Bond ever, and…”

“Battle of wills?” Gibbs replied, drawing the words out, making it a sexual promise.

“Well, yeah, and the cop is involved with the Army guy’s daughter, played by Meg Ryan. Hot Meg Ryan from Sleepless in Seattle, not Meg Ryan with the botched up plastic surgery. And…”

“DiNozzo, NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service. We’re not Army, we’re not even military.”

“You’re not? I mean, I guess I assumed because you don’t wear a uniform but…you’re civilian?”

“Pretty much,” Gibbs said with a nod. “We answer to SecNav. Secretary of the Navy and we’re housed on the Navy Yard in DC but we’ve been civilian for a while now.”

“Oh,” Tony replied, temporarily lost for words. While he was mulling over what to say, he shoveled more food in his mouth.

“And I don’t have a daughter,” Gibbs added. A flash of something darkened Gibbs’ eyes and Tony realized there was a story there. “Bet the Army guy wasn’t interested in the cop.”

“No,” Tony allowed after swallowing. “But that would have been kinda hot. They were both sexiest men alive, ya know. And…” He looked up to see Gibbs smirking at him. “Why do you have to make everything be about sex?” He meant it to come out confident and self-assured but instead Tony heard a petulant whine in his tone and he winced inwardly.

“Not doing anything we don’t want,” Gibbs replied. Nothing seemed to shake him or even rattle his foundation.

“Well, like you said, I’m not ready. And you keep pushing it. Gibbs, I don’t know if ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ is a part of your life, but here if my partner knew I was bisexual, it’d get my ass kicked at the least and it might end up with my death in the line of duty.”

Gibbs’ lips turned up in a slight smirk. “Too nice an ass to kick.” He took a long swallow of beer before he answered. “Nobody knows about me. Plan on keeping it that way. Same with you.”

It wasn’t a question; it was a statement. “Did you research me before you came up here?” Nobody could be that good at reading people. Gibbs had to have had some details on him.

“Nope, just got your name and badge number. No time, DiNozzo. Lone wolf here.” Tony knew that wasn’t quite true, that Gibbs had been in touch with people in DC and there was that forensic tech he’d sent stuff to.

“No partner?” Tony asked carefully. He knew Gibbs came up alone but there could be a partner who was off for the day or something.

“Nope. My last one couldn’t hack the stress and applied for an agent afloat position. That was two months ago.” He gave Tony an appraising look and Tony tried not to squirm. “My director and I have an agreement. I get results, he lets me hand pick my own team.” He paused for a long moment and Tony chewed thoughtfully, watching this complex man.

“You ever want to join the feds, I could use a streetwise, sharp guy like you on my team.” Tony started to protest and Gibbs put up a hand. “I know, you’re comfortable here. But you won’t be forever. Seen it before. If they aren’t smart enough to use you to the best advantage or if you get sick of having a partner who leaves ya high and dry, you call me. Offer is on the table, DiNozzo.”

Tony rocked back in his seat, just staring at Gibbs. His was a life where he’d been defined by his abilities and not his career. And yet this guy, after having known him all of a dozen hours was offering him a job? That wasn’t the way it worked for Tony DiNozzo.

“Why? Because you want to have sex with me?”

“No!” Gibbs slapped a hand on the table so hard that Tony jumped. “Because I saw how your partner ignores you, how your captain treats you. Because you’re being wasted here. You’re a damn good cop. Not many can keep up with me.”

Tony couldn’t help smiling at the praise. “You think I’m good?”

“Damn good,” Gibbs replied, locking his gaze on Tony’s. “Someone I’d want on my team.”

Tony shifted in his seat a few times before he looked away. While it was flattering and all, he’d been in Peoria, Philly, and now here. If he left Baltimore so early, it would be another black mark on his personnel file. No matter what his captain said about him, his next employer would have questions. He had to stick it out here at least five years before he thought about moving.

“I’ll think about it. But not right now. Can’t afford to move…”

“Can’t afford to stay, either, with a partner who isn’t on your six.” Tony knew he must have looked confused because Gibbs gave him an annoyed look and rolled his eyes. “Watching your back, DiNozzo. Bart Madison isn’t doing it. You saw how he turned over the investigation to you and me.”

Bart was a schmuck but Tony opened his mouth to protest. Next thing he knew, Gibbs had stood and come around the table in one motion and was covering his mouth. “Loyalty is earned. Rule twenty eight.”

Tony tried to mumble around the hand covering his mouth, but he couldn’t. Instead he darted his tongue out to lick one of the big blunt fingers. Gibbs’ grip immediately released and Tony watched that hand dip into his plate of food, swirling around in the sauce before returning to his mouth.

He looked up at Gibbs, who was dominant in every way. The man was almost too close, not only invading but commanding Tony’s personal space, blue eyes glittering. Yeah, as Gibbs had said, he was the predator and Tony was the prey. No use denying it. He closed his eyes, breathing in the scents of pre-cum, very aroused male, and the food. The combination"or maybe just Gibbs himself"made Tony’s senses reel. Not to mention his cock throbbing, aching.

“Take it,” Gibbs rasped, free hand coming up to cup the back of Tony’s head. “Taste it.”

Tony’s eyes flickered down to Gibbs crotch, that monster of a cock outlined by the soft knit pajama pants. He wanted to surrender, but he had to hold on to what control he had. This was his house. He should have been dictating the situation rather than Gibbs.”

“No,” he said, tearing his gaze away from Gibbs’ crotch.

“Taste it,” Gibbs repeated, his voice sliding into a low register. That voice was pure sex.

“No,” Tony whispered.

“I said taste it.” Gibbs’ voice was a whisper now, controlled, but only barely. Tony’s eyes flickered up to Gibbs’ face just as the man’s hand tightened in his hair, still gentle but with the promise of deeper intensity.

Tony waited almost a minute before he opened his lips, allowing Gibbs’ finger to glide over his tongue. Gibbs’ free hand released Tony’s hair and ran down his chest, a fingertip tracing over Tony’s throbbing cock and that was it. He was lost. He belonged to Gibbs for as long as Gibbs wanted him.

“Mine,” Gibbs whispered as if he knew exactly what Tony was thinking. He removed his finger from Tony’s mouth and just looked down at him.

“Yours.”