- Text Size +
Chapter Eight

Tony awoke slowly, snuggling into the comforting warmth of the man beside him, feeling completely relaxed and at peace. He was used to sleeping alone. Even when lovers spent the night, as rare as that was, they always left in the pre-dawn hours, slinking back to their lives as if they were ashamed of what they’d done the night before. But even before he opened his eyes, he could sense that the sun was beginning to rise, the dawn still a little cool, a counterpoint to the comforting warmth beneath him.

Tony immediately knew who it was and he didn’t want to move. The latent strength of the other man was apparent even as he slept, even as those powerful muscles were relaxed. He had the feeling that very few people got to witness Gibbs in this vulnerable a state.

Tony’s head was resting on Gibbs’ chest and he listened to the steady heartbeat of the older man. They’d fallen asleep face to face, but at some point Gibbs had rolled onto his back, bringing Tony along with him. Tony was tucked firmly under one arm, Gibbs’ steady and deep breathing ruffling his hair, Gibbs’ callused hand lightly clasping Tony’s shoulder.

The position was protective, intimate. Normally he would have felt unsettled by the more submissive position, but with Gibbs, it felt perfectly okay for him to be the protector and for Tony to be able to release and give that over to the superior male.

Tony skimmed his free arm down Gibbs’ muscled abdomen, brushing over salt and pepper chest hair that was softer than Tony would have expected, tracing the defined planes of Gibbs’ stomach before his hand moved lower, curving around hard flesh. Gibbs’ cock gave a little jump and Tony’s mouth lifted in a smile. He knew just the way to wake the other man.

He began stroking gently, slow, almost lazy, sweeps of his hand, holding Gibbs’ cock in a light grasp. Gibbs let out a throaty sound of satisfaction and shifted slightly, his breathing changing in an instant, awareness making Gibbs’ body shiver lightly.

Tony tightened his grasp slightly and began an efficient pumping motion. “Hell of a wake up,” Gibbs whispered, his voice extra sexy and sleepy as his hips rose and fell with Tony’s motions. It was an easy, almost lazy, rhythm and they were completely in tune with each other.

“Morning,” Tony replied, glancing up, struck by those hazy blue eyes and the way Gibbs’ gaze searched his.

“Morning,” Gibbs echoed, rolling onto his side and reaching for Tony’s cock. Tony’s eyes drifted shut only to spring open when Gibbs gave him a deeply passionate kiss, mouth roaming over Tony’s, tongue delving into Tony’s mouth. They both groaned, their sounds mingling, rising in the silence of the morning.

Gibbs’ hand surrounded Tony with just the right amount of pressure and Tony’s head fell back. He gasped for air, knowing his own hand job on Gibbs couldn’t possibly be this good, not when his concentration was already fracturing.

“Don’t worry about me,” Gibbs whispered. “Let me take you over the edge and then you can do the same for me. Okay? We have time, Tony.”

Tony should have refused, should have been the gentleman, but with Gibbs it didn’t seem to matter, wasn’t likely that the other man would look on him negatively for taking his pleasure first.

“Let go,” Gibbs teased, giving Tony a smile. From Tony’s interactions with the other man, he realized that this carefree, almost teasing smile wasn’t something Gibbs handed out all that often.

Tony released Gibbs’ hot flesh and rolled onto his back, the other man following. Gibbs propped himself up on an elbow and studied Tony. It felt nice, as if the other man was measuring the reactions in his body, as if Gibbs cared enough to make this as good for Tony as possible.

“Wish we had time for more,” Gibbs said quietly. “This’ll have to do until tonight.”

Tonight? Tony knew he was giving Gibbs his most dazzling smile. A part of him had figured Gibbs was just about the thrill of the chase; that this wasn’t going to last beyond what had happened last night. To hear that Gibbs wanted to continue made Tony relax even further. It was so rare that he was enough, and to be enough for this guy…

“Thinking too hard,” Gibbs told him, pulling Tony’s attention back to his hard cock. Had he really been able to concentrate on coherent thought when Gibbs was doing that to him??

Tony chuckled sheepishly, knowing he was probably reddening. “It’s okay,” Gibbs assured. “Just feel.”

Gibbs’ hand tightened on his cock and Tony felt, oh hell did he feel! Lightning ran through his body, centering in his spine and dancing up and down nerve endings. Gibbs’ hand squeezed and released a few times, pulsing Tony in a way he’d never experienced before, but he couldn’t deny that it was incredible. He was leaking pretty steadily, no lube was needed.

Gibbs suddenly slid down Tony’s body, breathing a stream of hot air onto his damp cock head. Tony’s upper body rose and he watched as Gibbs rubbed a stubbled cheek over the sensitive underside of his head before slowly licking his entire cock head. Steady sweeps of his tongue cleaned off the pearly pre-cum, even though more bubbled out as a result of what Gibbs was doing.

Tony could have stayed there forever, watching Gibbs’ mouth work over him, but then the impossible happened. His cell phone rang, and after a moment, another ring could be heard deeper in the apartment.

“The case,” Tony said heavily, but Gibbs was already gone, moving with almost feline grace. Tony reached for his phone, answering in a grumpy tone and listening to Bart’s excited chatter. Tony hung up the phone, tossing it on the bureau, and ducking into the bathroom. They only had a few minutes and a joint shower would be the only option.

He wasn’t surprised when Gibbs followed him into the bathroom, a pile of nicely folded clothes in his arms. His eyes skimmed down Tony’s body and he gave the other man a brief expression of regret before he spoke. Tony had already softened, but he appreciated the sentiment.

“Petty Officer Jarvis was attacked in her hospital bed about twenty minutes ago. A nurse scared the attacker off, but she was so shaken up, she didn’t even get a description we can work with. And the guards we set up. Know where they were?” Gibbs asked angrily, his expression much more serious and grim now.

“Where?” Tony asked, shaking his head as he adjusted the temperature in the shower. He was sure he’d gotten the whitewashed story of the events.

“Coffee break. Goddamn coffee break. No backup, they didn’t even tell the hospital staff Jarvis was unguarded! You the only competent one at your precinct, DiNozzo?” Gibbs slapped a hand on the counter, his blue eyes blazing with fury.

Tony winced at Gibbs’ assessment but he had to agree. This was beyond amateur.

“Gonna get some guys I can trust up here to work with your people guarding her.”

Tony had the sense that Gibbs was playing much nicer than he wanted to, and wondered if it was because of him.

“Sounds like it is for the best.”

Gibbs turned to Tony, his gaze boring in. “You really wanna stay with these people, DiNozzo? You’re a lot better than them. You have so damned much potential and you’re gonna waste it here.”

Tony blinked a few times. After last night, he was starting to wonder, but he couldn’t give voice to that. They needed to keep their attention on the job at hand for now. He sighed, motioning to the water and the steam that was starting to fill the bathroom. “Joint shower and then we’ll start at the hospital.” Tony turned to Gibbs. “We’re gonna get this guy, whatever it takes.”

“Whatever it takes,” Gibbs agreed.