- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Chapter one. Don't own the characters, will return them unharmed. I had a fever when writing chapter three, it's been slightly edited. H.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony and Gibbs spend their first weekend together. Will Jenny manage to ruin it for them?
Into my arms, part three.

Tony put down his bag outside Gibbs’ door and subconsciously straightened his jacket. He raised his hand to ring the doorbell, then put it down. Gibbs’ door was open, it was always open. But did that mean he could walk right in? Suddenly he felt a bit like he did that morning. “Damn it,” he muttered, “don’t do this.” He bent down to retrieve his bag, determined to walk right in. He straightened up again and could barely hold back a startled yelp. Gibbs was standing there, grinning as he leaned against the doorframe.
“You gonna stay out here all night?” he asked, blue eyes glowing.
“Didn’t know whether I should knock or not,” Tony admitted, feeling a bit sheepish.
“Get inside,” Gibbs ordered, stepping aside to let Tony in.
The hallway was dimly lit, a single lamp on the hall table cast a warm glow on its surroundings. Glancing around, Tony noted that the house looked much the same it had last time he’d stayed there. Tidy, gleaming wood, muted colors. He shrugged out of his coat, and put it away in the closet looking for somewhere to put his bag.
Strong arms circled him from behind as Gibbs pulled him into a warm embrace. Tilting his head back to rest on the other man’s shoulder, he smiled as he felt Gibbs kissing Tony’s neck, drawing in the scent of the young Italian as he nuzzled closer.
“Put your bag in the bedroom, Tony, dinner’s almost ready.”
Grabbing his bag, Tony went upstairs, seeking out Gibbs’ bedroom. He’d been to the house before, even lived there, but never stayed in his bedroom before. Being Tony, he’d peeked inside, but he’d never actually gone into the room, much less slept there.
The room seemed newly decorated, probably after wife nr three left, he thought wryly. The walls were painted a dusky blue, the king size bed was made of walnut and had matching end tables. Eyeing the bed suspiciously, he briefly wondered where Gibbs had gotten the mattress. He sat down on the bed, wiggling about, testing the bounce. It felt surprisingly comfortable.
‘Maybe Gibbs didn’t buy this through the Sears catalogue,’ he snickered.
“Does it pass inspection?” Gibbs looked faintly amused as he stood in the doorway, studying his lover.
“NCIS agents don’t assume, they verify,” Tony smiled innocently, as he stretched out on the bed, running his hands over silky sheets. The dark grey bedding was not something he expected to find in Gibbs’ house. They nearly matched his own.
“Is that so,” Gibbs grinned as he moved closer to the agent splayed out on his bed. “and what have your investigations revealed so far?” he asked as he lowered himself down on Tony.
Tony moaned softly as he captured Gibbs’ mouth in a passionate kiss that left them both panting.
“I’ve established… that the person of interest… has a greater taste…for the finer things in life… than we thought possible, …like a decent bed, and a …”
The feeling of Gibbs stretched out on top of him left his mind blank as he was loosing himself in the sensation of strong hands burrowing under his shirt, seeking naked skin. Warm fingers sliding over his chest had him arching into the other man’s touch. He sighed and relaxed into the soft bed, holding Gibbs close, needed to feel him to believe this was really happening.
Closing his eyes, he focused on the scent. Clean, faintly spicy. As usual a hint of coffee. No sawdust. Gibbs hadn’t been working on his boat for a few days. Tony found he missed that familiar scent. He tugged at the shirt, needed to touch the smooth skin he remembered from last night. Running his hands over Gibbs back, he burrowed his face into the older man’s neck
A faint ping from the kitchen reminded them that dinner was indeed ready. Gibbs cupped Tony’s head in his hands and kissed him gently, caressing his cheekbones with his thumbs.
“You know, we could fuck each other senseless until Monday morning, and we probably will,” he grinned, “but I need you to know that this is more for me than just sex,” he said quietly, holding Tony’s gaze with his. “Yeah, it is,” Tony smiled.
“C’mon, we’ll have plenty of time to ‘verify’ this weekend,” Gibbs held out his hand, inviting the other man to join him. “Ooh, I’ll hold you to that promise, Marine,” Tony chuckled as he got up, following Gibbs down to the kitchen.
******
Dinner was a quiet affair, both men enjoying the company, content to just be in each other’s company. They were dining in the kitchen. Tony suspected Gibbs didn’t use this room much, preferring to dine out or maybe in the basement. He looked around, remembering he’d not paid much attention to this room the last time he was here. It looked a bit bare, utilitarian.
They were not on call this weekend, and Gibbs had made it perfectly clear that he was not to be disturbed this weekend. Shepard had looked at him quizzically, raising an elegantly tweezed eyebrow as she asked; “Big plans, Jethro? Hot date, maybe?” Her friendly tone belying the icy demeanour he knew was lurking beneath the surface. He smiled slightly, wondering what her reaction would have been, had she known who he was spending the weekend with.
“What?” Tony eyed him curiously.
“Just something Jen said when I said I’d be unavailable this weekend. Something about a hot date.”
“Really,” Tony said, green eyes shining. “Hot, huhn. I’m sure I’ll have to use quite a few of your rules to verify that statement.” He grinned broadly before concentrating once again on the food.
“I didn’t know you could cook, Jethro,” Tony said as he had another helping of pork loin. “This is good stuff! You sure as hell didn’t make anything like this the last time I stayed,” he grinned.
The last time Tony stayed his apartment had flooded, leaving him homeless for four weeks. Gibbs had grudgingly taken him in, but for the most part ignored him the entire time he spent there. He’d barely spoken to Tony at the house, spending most of his off time in the basement, working on the boat.
“It was just too damn distracting to have you around 24/7. To know you were asleep, just a few feet away, knowing I couldn’t do anything about it,” Gibbs admitted, looking a bit sheepish. “I couldn’t risk it, not knowing…” he trailed off.

“Yeah, I know. Even last night I didn’t really believe what was happening.” Tony replied.

Suddenly a knock on the front door had them both startled.” Expecting anyone else?” Tony asked, not quite sure what to do with himself.
“No, none what so ever.”
The knocking grew insistent, making it clear whoever was out there would not go away anytime soon. His face dark with annoyance, Gibbs stalked towards the front door.
Tony felt the uneasiness in his stomach grow to an icy pit when he realised exactly who was at the door. Madam Director.
“I need you in MTAC,” she declared, before Gibbs had a chance to say anything.
“Really…” Gibbs lethal tone sent shivers down Tony’s back, he recognized the rage lurking behind that single spoken word.
“Are you questioning my judgement, Special Agent Gibbs?”
“No, Madam Director. Although I do find it odd you had to come in person, to my house, to give me the message.”
“I was in the neighborhood,” was the curt reply. “Am I interrupting something?”
“Yes, you are, but that was the whole point, wasn’t it. Jenny.”
Tony rose wearily, reluctant to take part in the pissing match out there, but he refused to let Shepard ruin their weekend. He strolled into the hallway, nodding hello to the director.
Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw who Gibbs had for company this evening.
“DiNozzo! I didn’t expect to see you here tonight.” She barely acknowledged him with a look. He was clearly not important. Tony struggled to contain his smile as he looked at her. She was certainly not dressed for an evening in MTAC, unless she was hiding government secrets in that ample cleavage on display.
“Gibbs invited me over for dinner, we’re planning on discussing the team’s performance evaluations later tonight,” he explained, lying easily. Although some performance evaluation would indeed be conducted. Of the personal kind.
“That’ll have to wait. I expect you to be at head quarters in 30 minutes,” Shepard ordered, her tone indicating there was no room for discussion.

“Both of us?” Tony asked.
“No,” she replied, directing her cool gaze his way. “You can go home, DiNozzo.”
“I believe I decide when my guests are leaving, Madam Director, was Gibbs’ cold reply. “ See you later,” he said to Tony, following Shepard out the door.
“Right…” Tony said to the closed door. Suddenly it reopened, and Gibbs returned, pinning Tony against the wall, giving him a kiss that left him breathless. Then he was gone, as quickly as he had appeared, grabbing his gun and cell phone as he exited.
“Right…”
*******
Chapter End Notes:
Chapter one. Don't own the characters, will return them unharmed.
I had a fever when I wrote chapter three, so I've edited it slightly.