- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
When Abby has a nightmare about someone she cares about, who comes to comfort her?
Briefcase in hand, I walked into the squad room. Ziva and Tony were at each other's throats with their usual bickering. I rolled my eyes and sat at my desk. After about five minutes of paperwork I looked up in wonder. Usually Abby would be clomping over to my desk to give us her latest report on the evidence on a case we were investigating. Well if there was a case. We had just been assigned one yesterday. A petty officer Dett had been kidnapped along with some important files he had to guard.

"What's wrong Probie?" Senior Agent DiNozzo asked me, ignoring Ziva's witty jab at him moments ago. I blinked at him, not really listening. His voice sounded so distant. I shook my head.

"Something's not right Tony." I sighed. Tony laid back in his chair with a smug look on his face.

"It's because Abby isn't here for you to gawk at right?" I gave him a look filled with daggers. I looked back at the elevator. Where was she? Ziva, obviously noticing what Tony couldn't, walking over and patted my shoulder.

"Maybe she found something that needed more racking." She suggested.

"Cracking, Ziva." Tony corrected her, standing between us now.

"Maybe your right." I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. WIthout a thought of what I was doing, I glided over to the elevator. I could feel my partners' eyes on my back. I didn't care though. I didn't even care if Gibbs would yell at me for not being ready to investigate. All I could think about was Abby.