- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
When Abby has a dream about someone she really cares about who will be there to comfort her?
I was kneeling on the ground, holding her gently. Out of nowhere, her arms wrapped around my neck with such strength, it was take an army to pry her off. It must've been some nightmare for her to be crying. She had me worried. I saw her there, looking so peaceful as she slept. Ah the look on her face, brought back memories. About to tiptoe out I heard her gasp. It wasn't an 'oh you surprised me' gasp. It was more like a 'I'm going to scream' kind.

I remember turning around. The peaceful trance on her face was stolen by a horrific one. Like the ones you see in movies when someone finds another person dead. When did I start thinking like Tony? That thought was immediately pushed aside by others. What if it was about the case? What if she was in danger and that's why she's having the nightmare? I strode towards her, shaking her shoulders as gently as I could. She wouldn't wake up.

Her expressions kept on changing from horrified to confused to horrified again. THAT wasn't good. I couldn't stand seeing Abby look so scared. I gathered her into my arms, trying to wake her. That didn't seem to be helping. Abs started to whimper and cry. It made me want to too. I had to be strong. I brushed the tears from her lovely pale skin and pleaded over and over. She screamed. Not just that but MY name. Was I the one that was hurting her? After more pleading and begging she finally awoken. Where we are right now.

"Tim" Abby sniffled. I smoothed her hair, rocking her back and forth.
"Yeah Abs?" I said, trying to sound unnerved.
"Um...why are you here?" I looked down at her. Her spring grass colored eyes fused with some red from crying. That's when I realized she wasn't wearing her usual make-up. Her wavy, ebony hair weren't in their usual pigtails either. I cleared my throat.
"Uh I was wondering if you got anything off of Dett's computer." I replied.
"Oh" was all she said as she sat up, taking one of her elastics of her wrists and into her hair. Within moments she looked more like Abby. I couldn't help but smile. That's my girl.