- Text Size +
A Breed Apart:

Epilogue:


Dr Crayton watched as Gibbs followed Tony out of the hospital, the younger breed had his arm in a sling to keep his shoulder from moving, but Crayton knew that that would only be for a few more days. The rapid healing abilities of the young breed were astonishing, faster than those of the other experiments. Crayton grimaced as he thought of those past failures, they all led him to his greatest success, and now he knew what he’d been doing wrong. With Dominic dead, the Centre inherited all of his estate, and as the head of board now, Crayton had control of the Centre’s resources and could continue on with his life’s work. First, however, he had to show a certain breed and his mate what the result was going to be if they interfered again.

He watched as they got into the car and followed as they drove out of the hospital parking lot. He would teach them to meddle with his work, and he wouldn’t wait to flaunt is revenge to the world, like Dominic had. The breed and his mate would know soon enough who sought revenge.

_____________________________________________________________


Tony stood up out of the wheelchair and looked around, his senses on alert, his eyes narrowed. He tensed when he felt a gentle hand on his back, but relaxed as he turned to gaze into his mate’s questioning eyes. “Old habits die hard, I guess, Jet.” He replied in answer of the older man’s silent question. “Not really use to the fact that he’s dead.”

Jethro nodded once in understanding, and then turned on his heel, leading the way to the car. They were on the highway, when the hair on the back of his neck rose in warning. Quietly, trying not to raise the attention of the man beside him, he checked his mirrors and changed lanes a few times. Then sighed as he realized that there was nothing, no one, following that he could see.

“A little hard to relax, huh?” The younger man asked, his eyes closed and a small smile playing across his mouth.
Jethro replied, as he took in the younger man’s easy countenance. “We still have to talk Tony.”

“I know Boss, but I think that is a conversation we should have in private.” Tony’s voice had dropped an octave, becoming deep, soothing, and arousing all at the same time. It caused Gibbs’ hands to tighten painfully on the steering wheel.

They pulled up to Jethro’s house, it was a bit off the main road, and stood separated a ways from the rest in the neighborhood. Tony watched lazily as Jethro got out of the car and headed toward the door, his movements jerky and tense. He sighed as the older man glared at him from the porch, now that they were here he wasn’t to sure that he could handle the older man’s anger. He knew that if he told him the truth it would probably only make matters worse at the moment, and he knew he could never lie to his mate. The man had an unerring ability to see through any lie or half truth that Tony could produce.

Tony got out of the car slowly, not to avoid any pain, but to try and put off the confrontation a bit longer, draw out the anticipation. He walked toward the front door, closing and locking it behind him. His back went rigid when he felt the older man move against him, grabbing his shoulders and gently pulling him around to face him.

“How’s the shoulder?” Gibbs asked his eyes dark with anger and arousal.

“Fine. It’ll be good as new in a day or two.” Tony told him, watching the older man warily as he prowled back and forth in front of him. Sighing, he knew he had better get this over with. “Look, Boss, I knew that you would be able to shoot to kill him and not me. I knew that I would heal fast and he wouldn’t. It was no big deal, just another tool to use, okay?”

“No big deal?!” Jethro growled quietly. “Another tool? What if I’d missed or was off a hair?” He asked, his voice getting softer, deadlier.

“You wouldn’t have and you didn’t so the way I see it, it’s a moot point. Not something we should be worrying about.” Tony answered, then his eyes widened as he saw Jethro’s. The older man’s eyes were so dark they were almost black and his body tensed rigidly as he turned to face the younger agent.

“You could have died! I could have killed you!” He roared, then all of a sudden the anger left him and he heaved a huge sigh, and he murmured, “I could have lost you.”

At that Tony rushed forward, sending the sling flying, as he wrapped both arms around the older man. “You didn’t. I’m right here.” He murmured quietly, hating the fact that he had been responsible for this. “I’m sorry. Really sorry, it was just the only thing that I could think of. Get rid of the hostage and then he had no power. I knew you wouldn’t have missed, I trusted you, just like always.”

“You will not do that again. Ever.” Jethro ordered firmly, as he turned in the younger man’s arms, making them face to face, his emotions under control once again.

“Boss, I …” Tony tried to argue.

“EVER.” Jethro, interrupted, and stare intensely into wide green eyes, until his mate nodded his agreement. “Good.” Gibbs growled as he swept in to capture Tony’s mouth with his. He walked them back until he had Tony pressed against the wall, his mouth never leaving the younger man’s. His hands found Tony’s waist and he pulled him into him, savoring the feel of the younger man.

Tony groaned as his mouth opened allowing Jethro’s tongue entrance, his hands sifted through sliver hair, gripping tightly, to keep the older man in place. Feeling hands at his waist, Tony raised one leg, to hook it around a narrow waist, drawing his mate closer, as he inhaled deeply through his nose.

Jethro released his mouth as he trailed kisses along his jaw, down the cords of his neck, to settle at the base, where his pulse beat erratically. He smiled as he heard Tony moan at the loss to his mouth, then tilted his head to allow him greater access to his throat. Jethro nipped and sucked hard at his neck, laving the hurt with his tongue soothingly, as he marked the younger man. “Mine.” he growled into Tony’s ear as his hands made their way under Tony’s shirt, to the smooth taunt muscle underneath. He pulled Tony’s shirt up and over his head, only to let it pin the other man’s arms behind him, as he growled again, “Mine.”

Tony groaned in frustration, trying to free his arms and move closer to Jethro. His cock twitched every time the older man growled in his ear, and his skin felt on fire where he was touched, but there was a part of him that refused to bow down to the older man and it sent him on his own claiming spree. He raised his chin and looked defiantly into blue eyes, dark with passion, planted a teasing kiss on the older man’s nose, then has blue fire flared, leaned into his neck, inhaling the dark soothing scent of his lover as he whispered, “Yours.” In Jethro’s ear, before sucking the lobe into his mouth and nibbling. As he nibbled at Jethro’s ear and neck, he freed his arms, and sent them in search of firm silk covered muscle.

As soon as he heard the one whispered word, Jethro groaned, all anger and desire to brand the younger man as his deserted him. He pulled back, holding Tony at arms length as he tried to catch his breath. He heard Tony’s frustrated growl, and snorted a laugh, even as he said. “Wait.” Tony’s hands seemed to be everywhere, pulling him in, wrapping around him, tangling their limbs, causing Jethro to groan at their contact. He wanted nothing more than to claim and be claimed, but not like this. His gut was screaming that this wasn’t the way, that it was what Tony was used to, rough and with little thought or care put in, and he wanted, no he needed to be different. He needed to touch, to reassure himself that his mate, his lover, was okay and he knew, instinctively that Tony needed to be touched to reassure himself.
“Tony. Wait.” He commanded, his tone gruff, pulling back once more and detangling their limbs.

Confusion marred Tony’s expression, then a hesitant hurt appeared in the emerald eyes, and Jethro leaned in to kiss him gently. “We need to slow down.” he murmured against warm lips.

“Why? We were doing pretty good from where I was standing, Jet.” Was Tony’s flippant reply, confusion and hurt still warring in his gaze.

“I have every intention of making you mine, and you making me yours, but I don’t intend for it to be fast and furious. I want to touch and stroke every inch of you as I learn what makes you growl and purr with pleasure. I want to show you how much I love you, by taking the time to claim you until you feel only me, then I want to do it all over again, until I feel only you.” Jethro spoke softly, his voice a purr over smooth skin, his fingers tangling with Tony’s as he led them up the stairs and into his room.

As he led Tony into the room, he could feel the younger man’s nervousness at the change of pace, so he turned pulling him to him in a hug, allowing his hands to roam along Tony’s broad back and into his silky hair, before pressing his lips gently to Tony’s. “It’s all right, I promise, I just need to do this, this way, I need …” Jethro trailed off as Tony met his gaze with understanding in his.

“I know. Me too.” he whispered as he leaned into Gibbs. His hands were gentle as he eased them under his mate’s shirt, slowly dragging the shirt up Jethro’s chest, as his mouth roamed across his chest. He heard his mate groan and he smiled, this was new to him, but he could definitely get use to it. Throwing the older man’s shirt in the corner, he captured his mouth in a tender kiss, before moving closer, guiding them to the bed.

Jethro turned them, just before they fell against the bed, where he was on top. Tony rose up, covering his chest with moist, sucking kisses, settling on first one nipple then the other, gaining a low moan from him. He gently, but firmly pushed Tony back to the bed, wagging a finger, playfully, in his face as he told him. “Not yet. Your turn is next. Right now it’s mine.”

Frustration marred the handsome face he’d come to love, then playfulness lit the green eyes as the younger man kissed his finger and obligingly laid back down, silently giving his permission for his mate to do with him as he wished.

Jethro smiled at the trust that glowed from the younger man’s eyes, knowing how hard it must be for him. At that thought, he leaned down taking his mates giving mouth in a heartfelt kiss, his tongue lapping its way in to map out the dark recesses and memorize the taste. He listened intently to every sound that came from his lover. He earned a small groan when his tongue licked the top of the younger man’s mouth, a sigh, by sending his hands smoothing down his chest, and a purr, when he settled his weight fully on his mate, making sure that there was as much skin touching skin as possible, while his mouth played at his mate’s neck. All of these things were tucked into his mind as he continued to claim his mate. So focused on learning everything that made his mate happy, he was surprised when Tony flipped them over with a growl.

“My turn.” he growled as he set about his own journey of his mate’s body. He grinned wickedly as he stare into wide blue eyes, that darkened with passion as he slid his body over the older man’s. He returned the favor with fervor, learning the things that made his mate sigh with pleasure. He left his own marks on the body beneath him, claiming his mate with a delight and playfulness he had never felt before and he understood why his mate wanted their first time to be like this. He slid down Jethro’s body, purring at the sight before him. Pressing his face into his lover’s lower abdomen he breathed in deeply, enjoying the tang that marked his mate as his.

_____________________________________________________________


I’ll leave the rest to your naughty imaginations. Be on the look out for the Centre and Dr. Crayton. Will the boys be able to survive?