- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
An evening in for Tony and Gibbs
Chapter twenty

Tony closed his phone and threw it on the counter. Turning back to the kitchen table he sat down, before emptying the contents of a small bag onto the placemat in front of him.

“Should we use this?” Tony fingered through the items lying scattered around. Gibbs was working on his knife handle, sanding the flame birch smooth.

“Hm?”

“Should we use the surveillance gear Abby brought?”

Gibbs put the handle away in the box Tony’d given him and closed the lid. Picking up one of the mikes he appeared to be giving the question some serious thought.

“You wanna treat this as an undercover op? You planning on bugging Shepard’s office?”

“Dunno. But I wouldn’t mind having proof if she threatens me. My word against hers is not gonna do me no good.”

“Probably, she IS the director, after all. Have you heard back from Abby, has she asked her hacker friend yet?”

“No, haven’t spoken to her today. I just sent her a text, though. She’ll get back to me later.” He looked at Gibbs, still turning a tiny camera around in his hand.

“What would you do, then? You do know her pretty well, Jethro. You think Ziva’s right about me being in danger?”

Gibbs paused. He heard the slight edge in Tony’s voice as he spoke of Shepard. He hadn’t really given that angle too much thought. His ex-lover going after his present one. Capturing Tony’s hand in his, he looked at him, trying to read the man sitting on the other side of the table.

Not giving anything away, Tony calmly looked back at him. “You forget,” he smiled wryly, a bit of humor shining through, “I’m very good at undercover work, Jethro. I’ve got a lot of practice, remember.”

“You wanna know if I’m scared? Jealous? Angry? Just ask, Gibbs, don’t treat me like a suspect you need to ferret out.”

“I’m sorry,” Gibbs said, stroking his thumb over Tony’s knuckles. “I suck at this, Tony, you know that. The personal stuff. And this is personal on so many levels.” Gibbs sighed, tugging at Tony’s hand until he relented and sat down next to him.

“I have no romantic feelings for Jenny,” he began, “and I never felt about her the way I do about you.” He paused. “You complete me, Tony, like no one has since Shannon. Please remember that, when things get difficult, when I act like my normal bastardly self. Don’t ever doubt my feelings for you.” He kissed him and pulled Tony even closer.

“You’re a romantic sap,” Tony chuckled, leaning his forehead against Gibbs’. “And I love you for it.”

“I’m not scared, Jethro, but I am worried. I don’t want to lose my job at NCIS, you know. I love what I do, working with the team, you.” He straightened up, squared his shoulders.

“OK, enough. We need to be prepared, Jethro, to be ready for whatever she throws at us. We should decide who to involve, who to exclude, how far we’re willing to go.”

Gibbs looked up, studying him closely.

“You’re not suggesting we kill her, are you?”

“No, I’m not,” Tony huffed, clearly exasperated.

“We want to neutralize her, Tony, not spend the rest of our lives behind bars. She not worth going to jail for.”

“Ya think?”

Gibbs got up, using just one crutch to get around. Since removing the staples a couple of days ago, he was starting to put a bit of weight on his leg. Moving around the kitchen was not too hard, there being plenty of counters and tables to support him. He grabbed a can of soda from the fridge, tossed another one to Tony and sat back down.

“Enough people are involved as it is,” Gibbs began.

“You don’t wanna involve Fornell, right?”

“No. Not unless I have to. We need to keep this quiet. The less people who know about this, the less risk there is for us to be exposed.”

“We might need Abby’s friend to hack into Shepard’s files, but these guys know how to keep their mouths shut.” Tony twirled his can of coke, seemingly lost in thought.

“Has Abby told you anything about him? Is he an ex-boyfriend as well?”

“She wouldn’t say,” Tony laughed. “But she did give me his name, Boss, and you’re gonna love this, it’s Plague.”

“Plague?!”

“He’s probably called Wayne or John or something. But his hacker alias is Plague.”

“Jesus… “ Gibbs groaned. “You’re telling me your future is in the hands of a guy called Plague?!”

“My future is in my hands, Gibbs, no one else’s,” Tony was suddenly deadly serious.

“And mine, Tony. You’re not facing this alone.”

“I know.” Tony couldn’t resist stealing another kiss, snaking a warm hand under Gibbs t-shirt, running it across his chest, loving the feel of naked skin. Gibbs moved to take it off, when the doorbell rang.

“Bloody hell, not again!” Tony swore, muttering under his breath. He leaned in for a last passionate kiss, “We’ll continue this afterwards, Marine. You better be ready..”

As expected it was Abby, carrying a box of donuts and dressed as a...what?

“What’s this?” Tony circled her, looking at her incredulously. “You look like McGee’s grandma!”

“Hey!” She smacked him over the head. “I’m Miss Marple. You know, Agatha Christie’s lady sleuth. We’re gonna get to the bottom of this, and I need to look the part.”

She was dressed in a prim floral dress with a knitted gray cardigan on top. Her hair was collected in a bun and a pair of glasses perched on the tip of her nose.

“You’re gonna have to change into something else, Abby. I won’t be able to focus with you dressed like that! This is more distracting than your Marilyn costume. Although in a whole other way,” he grinned.

“Well, it’s either this or my bowling outfit. I’m meeting the nuns afterwards. It’s the annual parish tournament this week.”

Tony said nothing, just cocked an eyebrow and waited.

“Fine,” she huffed; turning on her heals to stomp back out. She returned a minute later with a bag in her hands.

She ducked into the den and joined Tony and Gibbs in the kitchen a couple of minutes later, looking more like herself. Abby kissed Gibbs on both cheeks and sat down at the end of the table.

“I come bearing good news and jelly donuts,” she announced, opening the pink box in front of her.

“Oscar is willing to help us out. He’s really psyched it’s a government agency and the Director! A real challenge.”

“Oscar?” Tony couldn’t quite believe what he was hearing. “Plague’s real name is Oscar? For real?”

“Leave it, DiNozzo,” Gibbs interrupted. “When can he start?

“He already has”, she answered, reaching into her bag to pull out a thick file.

“And he’s sure it can’t be traced back to him.”

“Positively. He’s the best there is, Gibbs.”

“Don’t let Tim hear you say that,” Tony chuckled.

“Well, McGee’s got other qualities,” she replied, smiling innocently. “Anyway, I told Oscar to start searching for anything with your names in it, especially Tony’s. And this is where it gets hinky. She’s got a whole lot of information on you, Tony. I don’t think this is a brand new obsession on her part.”

“She’s bound to have some,” he replied, feeling slightly uneasy. “The NCIS did a thorough background check on me before I joined the agency.”

“This goes way beyond what’s needed for a routine check, Tony, and it’s recent. The hinky stuff dates back to last year, most of it after you stayed with Gibbs for a couple of weeks.”

“What?”

“Your apartment was flooded and you stayed here when they fixed it,” Gibbs reminded him.

“I do remember, Gibbs. But we weren’t involved at that time. You barely spoke to me, if I remember correctly.”

“Apparently, she was not interested in that angle then. Although she has a lot of info on you, Tony, most of her files are on Gibbs, and none of them focus on the relationship between you two.”

“Does it say why she’s interested in me?” Tony asked.

“No.”

They discussed Oscar’s findings for a while longer before turning back to planning what they would do when Tony returned back to duty. Abby would bug his phone and the bull pen, ensuring any conversations taking place there would be recorded.

“She probably won’t say anything to me in the open,” Tony countered.

“Which is why I got you this,” Abby said. It looked like a silver tie clip, but was a bug he could wear at any time.

“Cool!” Tony exclaimed, examining the device closely. “How close do you need to be?”

“I’ll have you covered,” Abby reassured him.

“I might have to wing it a bit. See if I can provoke her, try and bait her into revealing what she wants, and more importantly; why.”

“You gotta be careful,” Gibbs warned. “You can’t give her any ammo to use against you. She’s obviously looking for an excuse to get rid of you.”

“I will,” Tony promised, leaning briefly into Gibbs, offering reassurances.

“Aww, you guys,” Abby sighed. “So sweet,” she smiled, completely ignoring the glare Gibbs shot at her.

“Well, I gotta go. The nuns are waiting.” She got up and kissed Gibbs. “You boys behave now,” she said, grinning mischievously.

“Abby, please,” Gibbs admonished. “Thanks for all your help, Abs.”

“Anything for my two favorite guys,” she smiled, kissing them both again before leaving. Tony walked her to the door, saying his goodbyes. He closed the drapes in the den and returned to the kitchen after locking the front door, popping his head through the doorway.

“You need privacy?” Gibbs had heard the dead bolt being secured.

“Didn’t I tell you to be ready?” Tony asked, stripping out of his clothes, leaving a trail back into the den.

“You coming?” he called out, when Gibbs didn’t appear right away.

“Just need to get something.” Tony could hear Gibbs open the hall closet and pull something out before he made his way into the den.

Tony was stretched out naked on the bed, one arm thrown above his head, the other lazily stroking his hardening cock.

Gibbs threw a bag on the comforter before sitting down. He pulled off his t-shirt and pushed down his sweat pants. Finally naked he lay down beside Tony, drawing him in for a long, slow kiss.

“What’s in the bag?” Tony murmured, kissing his way down Gibbs’ neck, sliding down to suck one nipple at a time into his mouth.

“Just something for me to use since I’m out of commission for a while longer.”

“What?” Tony pulled back to look at him. He emptied the bag on the bed between them, gasping as he eyed the items spilling out.

“Where did you get this? And when?”

“Actually, it was Abby…” Gibbs trailed off, blushing lightly.

“Oh, God,” Tony groaned. “You had Abby get sex toys for us? She’s never gonna let me live this down.”

Gibbs smacked him over the head. “Of course I didn’t ask her! You know Abby; she does these kinds of things. She just handed me a bag yesterday, when you were out running in the park.”

In spite of himself, Tony had to laugh. “Yeah, that sounds like our Abigail…”

“So, what did our Mistress of the Dark bring us?”

“A dildo, a couple of butt plugs, handcuffs, a collar and something I don’t wanna know what is.” Tony held up a chain with tiny clamps on each end.

“They’re nipple clamps.”

“Right. We’ll put those away for another night,” he said, tossing the handcuffs and chain over the side of the bed.

“C’mere.” Gibbs drew Tony in for another deep kiss, loving the way Tony just melted into him, like he always did.

Tony pulled back. “How’s your leg?” he asked.

“My leg’s fine, Tony.”

“Good,” he grinned, sliding further down in bed, laying a blazing trail of kisses across his stomach as he went. Gibbs was hard; his cock lay against his stomach, glistening with pre-cum, twitching lightly. Tony rested his head against his lover for a moment, just drinking in the slowly growing scent of sex in the room.

Tony licked up the underside of Gibbs' cock tasting the bittersweet fluid, his tongue swirling around the sensitive head. Gibbs sank further into the mattress, moaning as Tony sucked one ball into his mouth at a time.

“Look at me, Gibbs, open your eyes,” Tony whispered, kissing him as he ran his hand up and down Gibbs’ good leg.

Gibbs hoisted himself up, resting on his arms, not wanting to miss the sight before him. He could barely breathe as he looked up at Tony. The young Italian was kneeling beside him. The look on his face was such an expression of want, lust and…love, it made Gibbs’ breath catch in his throat. Tony grabbed a bottle of lube he had lying on the bed and poured a generous amount onto his fingers. The former Marine closed his eyes, moaning as Tony gently rimmed his opening, before slowly penetrating Gibbs with one finger, then two.

The velvety heat enveloping Tony felt amazing. He shuddered at the thought of sinking his cock deep inside again. ‘Later,’ he thought, ‘later.’ Quiet moans escaped Tony as he slowly slid his fingers in and out of the older man. Gibbs started rocking his hips, fucking himself on Tony’s hand as he added a third digit.

“Lord, you’re tight,” he gasped.

“Until last week, I hadn’t done this in a very long time,” Gibbs panted, closing his eyes as the internal sensations Tony set off threatened to overwhelm him.

The younger man leaned down and met Gibbs in a passionate kiss, his tongue mimicking the rhythm his fingers set. Tony shifted the angle slightly, seeking that sweet spot inside his lover. A muffled cry as Gibbs jerked his hips upwards told him he had found it.


“Turn around,” Gibbs voice was husky as he tugged lightly at Tony, “lie down.”

With him stretched out like that, Gibbs had could easily return the favor. “Come closer,” Gibbs said, as he grabbed the lube and one of Abby’s toys. Slicking up his fingers, he penetrated Tony’s opening, slowly opening him up, stretching him, making him ready.

“Enough,” Tony’s throaty voice cut through Gibbs’ lusty fog. “Please…”

Gibbs lubed up a butt plug, inserting it slowly, his eyes not leaving Tony as he pushed it in.

Tony was lying on his side, one hand clenched in the sheets, the other with three fingers still buried inside Gibbs, mouth open as he fought to breathe. Oh, God. Gibbs knew exactly how to twist and turn the plug inside him. Each time Gibbs thrust it into him, he felt himself edge closer to completion, drown in sensations.

Tony pulled out of Gibbs, leaned forward and took his hard cock in his mouth, sucking hard as he twisted his hand around the shaft. Tony nearly howled when Gibbs followed suit, his tongue swirling over the head of his cock, driving him relentlessly closer to coming.

It was almost too much. Nothing existed except from this. He was so close; it would take almost nothing to push him over.

“Please, Jethro, God, please,” Tony panted as he continued to suck Gibbs. The other man tightened his grip on Tony’s dick as he nearly swallowed him. Everything around him blacked out as he came, white hot and hard. He faintly registered Gibbs following closely by; filling his mouth with salty, slightly bitter cum.

Tony couldn’t move. Gibbs carefully pulled out the butt plug, and grabbed some tissues from the bedside table, gently cleaning Tony off. He tugged at the younger man, until he turned around, burying his face on Gibbs’ chest, holding him close.

“Sleep, Tony, sleep,” he whispered, kissing Tony’s temple as he snagged an afghan lying on the floor, draping it around them.

******
Tony awoke an hour later, still feeling very sated. And hungry. He slipped out of bed, took a quick shower and ventured into the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge until he found what he was looking for. Two pieces of filet mignon, marinating in a sauce, which actually was handed down from his grandma. It left the meat impossibly tender and succulent.

Wrapping potatoes in tin foil, he put them in the oven. The meal would be simple, steaks served with baked potatoes, mushrooms and tomatoes. All prepared, he sat back down by the kitchen table, leafing through the file Oscar had prepared for him. He read through a couple of pages, becoming increasingly surprised at the amount of information Shepard had gathered. Pushing the file aside, Tony refused to let her ruin his good mood. It could wait till morning, he decided, when they would look at it with a clear head.

He got a cold beer out of the fridge, wondering wryly whether he’d be able to look Abby in the eyes without blushing. The beer tasted cool and crisp as he took another swig. Lost in thought, he didn’t notice Gibbs being up before he heard him in the hall.

“I’m just having a quick shower,” Gibbs called, before walking upstairs. With the condition of his leg slowly improving, he was able to do it on his own. Tony set the table, and brought his beer with him to the living room. It was nearly time for the evening news.

Gibbs joined him later in the kitchen, as he was putting on the steaks.

“How do you like yours?” Tony asked, ready to put the meat in the pan.

“Medium, please.”

Tony lit a couple of candles and put the food on the table.

“Who’s the romantic sap, now?” Gibbs teased, mischief glittering in his blue eyes.

“That would be me.” Tony hung his head, feigning defeat.

“Come on,” he said, “eat while it’s hot.”

Never mind what was happening, Tony couldn’t remember the last time he felt this content. He looked over at Gibbs and saw the same emotions reflected in the older man’s eyes.

“This is good stuff!” Gibbs had another piece of meat.

“Yes, it is,” Tony smiled, leaning into him before tucking into his dinner.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you all for reading!