- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Both sides prepare for the final confrontation.
Chapter twenty-six

McGee could barely contain his curiosity after Tony had left the bull pen. He’d been in the office since five am, to help Gibbs set up the recordings Abby’d made over the past few days. Although he felt slightly uncomfortable leaving Tony out of the loop, Gibbs had made it clear this was something he needed to do. Past experience had taught McGee not to argue with the Boss when he was in that particular mode.

Abby had been in since six, and she was practically giddy with glee. She kept muttering about dead witches and strike three, as she knocked the final few nails into her little coffin. McGee had promised himself, never, ever to mess with her. Abby in full protective mode was a scary thing to be around. That combined with a looming CafPow overdose, kept him out of range.

The way Tony had ordered Gibbs around had been uncanny. McGee had never seen Tony like that, like he could barely contain his rage. Hopefully it was all an act, but he wasn’t totally convinced.

A faint ping signaled the return of the elevator and he kept his eyes glued to the report in front of him. A shadow fell in his desk and he looked up. Tony. McGee swallowed nervously. Maybe he’d learned about his involvement in the deception, and was demanding a one-on-one with him. Just the two of them. Within that tiny space. Tony said nothing, just kept staring.

“Look, I…I’m sorry if…”

“Never apologize, McGee.” Suddenly all traces of anger was wiped off and the old Tony shone through. McGee looked at him more closely. No, not quite the old Tony. He looked more settled, happy. ‘You idiot,’ McGee thought to himself, ‘the man’s in love, of course he looks happy.’

“What?” Tony looked at him curiously.

He considered brushing it off, but decided against it. “You look happy, Tony. It’s a good look on you,” he smiled.

******

“I am happy.” Tony glanced at Gibbs, who was talking to Ziva, before heading out. He had his daily physio appointment with Andrew. Ducky was waiting downstairs to drive him over. Hopefully they’ll make it there on time, Tony thought wryly. The good doctor’s navigational skills weren’t always on par with his medical ones.

“How did Shepard react?”

“Let’s put it this way, Probie, if she could have my head on a stake outside, she’d be a very happy lady. Don’t think she’s too happy with the rest of you either; she’s bound to know out who help us out.”

“We’d do it all over again, Tony, you know that, right?”

“Yeah, I do. Thanks, man.” Tony put a Danish and a coffee on McGee’s desk before sitting down by his own. Suddenly he grinned broadly.

“What’s so funny, Tony?” Ziva asked. To her amazement he blushed lightly before answering.

“I just realized there’s someone there when I get home,” he said sheepishly.

Ziva looked at him carefully. “You think of Gibbs’ house as home?”

“I…,” Tony fell silent. “Now, this is gonna sound so sappy, I know. It’s not so much the place, as the fact that we’re there together.”

“Aaw,” Ziva teased,” who knew you were such a romantic, Tony. Ouch!” she yelped as a perfectly aimed Danish smashed into her forehead.

“Now, do I have to give you kids a proper spanking?” Abby asked as she took in the spectacle in front of her. “I can’t leave you guys alone for one minute,” she chided.

“Spanking, huh?” Tony cocked an eyebrow. He leaned in closer and whispered in Abby’s ear. “That certainly explains some of the items you brought for me and Gibbs to play with.”

******

Jenny Shepard tried to collect her thoughts; she needed to decide what to do next. Right now she didn’t care about DiNozzo. All she could focus on was the way Gibbs’ team had betrayed her. She had no doubt in her mind that they were all behind this. Hacking into her computer, bugging her office, hidden cameras in Jethro’s living room. That took a combined effort of them all. How dare they, she swore, go against their own director like that?

She’d been driving around aimlessly for about an hour now, it was the quickest way to clear her mind. This had not turned out as she’d hoped, as she’d assumed this morning. This was supposed to be her triumphant moment, not this walk of shame.

She realized she had completely underestimated the loyalty Gibbs commanded of his men. And women. The fact that Abby was helping Gibbs didn’t surprise her one bit, but Ziva? That hurt. Why would she do this? She considered the different scenarios for a while. Maybe he was sleeping with her. As far as she knew, none of Gibbs’ red heads had been around for a while. Even that woodworking maniac had to have needs, she snorted. If he was breaking the rules, she’d find out. And Ziva did have a thing for strong men.

She slammed her hands in the steering wheel, still reeling from the shock of seeing herself rant and rage like that. If that tape came out, she’d be ruined. Her credibility was at stake here. Time to put out a few fires, she decided, picking up the phone.

“Cynthia, could you arrange a meeting with SecNav at his earliest convenience? I need to speak with him urgently. Set it up and get back to me,” she ordered and hung up the phone before Cynthia had a chance to respond.

A few seconds later her cell rang and she flipped it open, already irritated by the interruption.

“Shepard,” she replied curtly.

“It’s Cynthia, Director Shepard,” her secretary began.

“Yes?”

“SecNav has already summoned you to his office at 0900, tomorrow morning.”

Sheppard’s hands tightened around the steering wheel as she fought to keep her voice calm. “Is there an agenda for the meeting?”

“Not that I know of, Director.”

“Fine. I’ll be out of the office for the rest of the day. Unless there’s an emergency I’m not to be disturbed.”

Shepard hung up and glanced at her watch. It was already 10. She needed to use the time wisely should she convince the SecNav of her motives in this case.

******

“So, my dear friend, how are things in the Gibbs household?” Ducky had volunteered to take him to his physio appointment at Bethesda, claiming he needed to get out of the office for a while. But Gibbs suspected he also wanted some alone time with him.

“Is Anthony holding up? And how about you, it’s been a while since you last lived with someone.”

Gibbs smiled inwardly at the way his old friend phrased his questions.

“If you think about it, Ducky, Tony’s been a part of my life for a very long time now. None of my ex-wives have fit so well into the life I’m leading. And he understands, Ducky. He’s been there, right at my side. I can’t tell you what a relief that is, not having to explain everything. I’m not that good with words.”

“No, you’re not, I’m afraid. But you seem to be giving in an effort, if I may say so. Young Anthony seems very content, I must say.” Ducky smiled. He was driving up Massachusetts Avenue having navigated the Scott Circle roundabout. Gibbs looked at the passing traffic, thinking back at the scene in the conference room.

With all the pressure Tony was under right now, for a moment he was afraid this was the final straw, the thing that would make him break. The former Marine would never admit it, but he’d been nervous when he followed the man he loved into that elevator. Had he stepped over the line, done irreparable damage?

“He reminds me of someone I once knew.” Ducky continued. “Charles Montgomery. We went to medical school together in Edinburgh, a very charming young man. Very handsome, too. Quite a hit with the ladies. He stole my date more than once, I’m afraid. Anyway…” he glanced at Gibbs, who had a slightly glazed look in his eyes.

“Oh, dear, I’m rattling on again, aren’t I? I’m so sorry, Jethro. I just wanted to say, do cherish what you’ve found. It’s a rare gift, my dear friend, to find someone who completes you like Tony does.”

“I have every intention of making this last, Ducky, but I still can’t quite believe he’d want a stubborn old bastard like me,” he said wryly.

“And yet he does, Jethro. I do believe the boy loves you just the way you are.”

Deep in thought, the rest of the ride was spent in silence as both men contemplated the mysterious ways life works. Ducky was lost in the sweet memories of a long forgotten girl, while Gibbs was preoccupied with the here and now, pondering how they should work things out in the weeks to come.

******

Tony threw his bag in the hall closet and toed out of his shoes. Unlike this morning, the house was filled with what sounded like the news and Gibbs talking in the kitchen. He popped his head around the door, and saw Gibbs on the phone as he looked out the window, watching as the afternoon sun cast shadows across the yard.

“Hopefully that’s good news, Steve, call me as soon as you know.” Gibbs noticed Tony looking at him curiously and held out an arm, waving him over. “Thanks again, give Laura and Ingrid my love. Yeah, I will,” he laughed, and hung up. Turning towards Tony he drew him close and kissed him lightly.

“Who’s Steve?” Tony asked.

“That was Senator Nash, Steve Nash, we served in the Gulf together,” Gibbs replied as he nuzzled Tony’s neck.

“Hey,” the younger man laughed, “focus, will ya! What was that all about, what’s the good news you were talking about?”

“Laura is his wife, and Ingrid their eldest daughter. What’s more important is that SecNav is Ingrid’s godfather.”

“Aah!” Tony cocked an eyebrow. “You playing her game now, Jethro?”

“When she went to your dad, Tony, all bets were off.”

Tony winced as he was reminded of his father’s betrayal. “Whatever gets her off my back,” he shrugged. “You think they’ll believe us? Or will we have to show them what we have.”

“He’s coming over tonight, Tony. We need to go over this material with him.”

“All of it?”

“I trust him with my life, Tony. He won’t care or tell anyone that you’re bi. Besides, he owes me. I saved his ass once, we got caught in a crossfire, barely got out of there alive.”

“Don’t,” Tony said. “Don’t need to hear about that tonight.” He shook his head. “Did you invite the Senator for dinner, or are we eating before he gets here.”

“I’ve ordered Chinese. Didn’t feel like cooking tonight.”

“How’s your leg?” Tony took a step back and studied him more closely.

“It’s fine. I’m just a bit tired, that’s all. Andrew’s pleased with my progress. I can put a bit more weight on my leg now.”

“Did you have a chat with Dr North about our extra curricular activities?” Tony asked innocently, remembering the last conversation with the female doctor.

“No,” Gibbs snorted. “My extracurricular schedule is just fine,” he grinned. “In fact, I’ve got…uh…Woodworking 101 planned for this evening.”

“Reeeally?” Tony leaned in close, stopping just before his lips met Gibbs’, only to slowly trace the outline of Gibbs’ mouth with his tongue. The older man moaned quietly before eliminating the distance between them, kissing Tony hungrily as he pressed their bodies together.

Tony’s body soaked up the heat radiating off Gibbs, as he felt tense muscles starting to relax. A loud knock on the front door interrupted the rising passion as dinner signaled its arrival.

“No, no, no!” Tony complained. “Why do people keep doing that?”

Gibbs just chuckled as he gave him one last kiss. “Go get the food, there’s money on the table. I’ll find us something to drink.” He gave Tony a slight push in the direction of the front door and had to smile at his lead agent moving reluctantly towards the hallway.

******
A couple of hours later they were sitting around the dining room table with their laptops and files spread around them. They’d already gone over the Mossad dossier and Senator Nash was now watching the footage of Shepard as she lashed into Tony in stunned silence. Tony had left the room, supposedly to get coffee. The truth was he didn’t need to see the proof of his father’s deception played over and over again. He’d watched it enough times already.

After hearing the audio recording of the Director ordering Dr. Lynley to fabricate evidence if none were found he was shaking his head, muttering to himself in disbelief.

“What the hell is going on at NCIS? Why is she doing this, Jethro, is this some kind of power play?”

“It’s like she’s possessed, Steve. I’ve seen her like this before, but not this…vicious.”

“And you’ve told me the full story here, right?”

“You know all that I think is relevant to this situation, Steve. That’s all I can say, I don’t truly know why she’s doing this, so there’s no way of knowing whether you’ve got the whole story, or not.”

They’d decided against telling Steve about them. As long as this was information Shepard didn’t have, it wasn’t necessary. Besides, Gibbs didn’t want to put his friend in that situation, knowing they were breaking the rules. Not that an unauthorized bugging of the office of the director of NCIS wasn’t already enough, he smirked.

“I’m sorry about your father,” Steve said as Tony returned to the dining room. “I know not all parents are happy to find out their children are gay or bisexual, but this goes way beyond anything I’ve encountered in the past, personally at least.”

“Yeah, well, I’ve always been a huge disappointment to him, this is just the icing on the cake, believe me.”

They kept going over the options, and an hour later Nash left. He would speak to the SecNav before his meeting with Shepard in the morning. The Senator’s main concern was making sure the agency was run efficiently, but they needed to make sure Shepard’s vendetta didn’t cost NCIS their best agents.

Tony cleared the table and locked everything in Gibbs’ safe before heading upstairs for a shower. Gibbs had already had one as he got home, and Tony was glad to have this moment alone to gather his thoughts. Just one more day before his fate was decided. He didn’t want to go over his options if Shepard managed to convince the powers that be that she was acting in the best interest of NCIS. He knew he could get a job in DC. Fornell might bark, but he’d hire him if he wanted to work for the Feds. The problem was, he didn’t.

He turned off the cooling water and dried himself quickly. Heading into the bedroom he noticed a soft warm glow shining through the partly closed door. Pushing gently, it opened to reveal Gibbs lying naked in the middle of the bed, dozing as he listened to soft music playing on the small radio on the chest of drawers.

As Tony approached the bed, he woke up, stretched and turned over on his side, patting the bed.

“C’mere,” he said, his voice slightly gravelly from sleep, “and lose that towel. You ready for my lesson?”

“Woodworking 101, was it?” Tony remained where he was, just drinking in the sight of the other man. He might call himself old, but his body was muscular and well defined with lightly tanned smooth skin that Tony loved to touch and taste.

“Yup, now get your ass over here, or you’ll get a weeks detention.”

“A week, all alone in a room with you…now how’s that a deterrent?”

“No sex, and no TV,” Gibbs explained.

“You sure I can’t persuade you to be lenient,” Tony purred as he removed his towel, revealing his hardening cock in the process. He stroked his shaft a couple of times, growing completely erect before he lay down.

Gibbs rolled him over and pinned Tony beneath him.

The young Italian turned his head to one side, giving him easy access. Gibbs nuzzled Tony's neck, breathing in the spicy scent of his cologne before tasting, licking a line up the side of his throat, along the jaw line before kissing him, exploring every part of his mouth with his tongue. He slid down Tony's body, who arched his back, hungry for more of Gibbs’ mouth on him. Gibbs lowered his head to tease his nipples, sucking and biting lightly until Tony moaned and his hand clenched Gibbs’ shoulders before flinging them to each side, grabbing the comforter, needing something to hold on to.

”Please,” Tony gasped. “I need you in me, now…”

Gibbs laughed, a low rich sound that sent waves of emotions through Tony.

Sliding even lower, Gibbs’ hands cupped Tony's ass, squeezing and lifting, as he took his cock deep in his mouth. A needy sound escaped Tony as his rock hard dick slid in and out of Gibbs’ hot wet mouth.

“More, I want more!” Tony groaned, nudging Gibbs along. He knelt up, reaching past Tony for the drawer in the nightstand where they kept the lube. Tony drew up his legs automatically, feet flat on the bed, giving his lover easier access. Gibbs kissed his stomach before slicking up a finger.

He brushed lightly over the opening to Tony's body, adding pressure, circling it with his finger, slipping inside a just a little at a time. Tony tried to speed things up, needing to feel Gibbs inside him, but Gibbs' free hand rested on his stomach, a warning to stay still.

"Don't move.”

Gibbs added another finger as he continued to stretch Tony open, slowly and patiently, watching him pant into the pillow as he fought not to move.

”Fuck, Jethro, now! “

“Turn over; I need you on your side,” he said, nudging him along. “My leg can’t take the weight yet.”

Tony turned towards him, wrapped his long legs around Gibbs and just kissed him, slowly and deeply. Running his hands up and down Gibbs’ back, he lost himself in the sensation of being close, physically and emotionally to another person. It felt liberating and frightening, to give himself over to someone else like that. Tony opened eyes he hadn’t realized were closed and looked into Gibbs’ blue.

“You know I love you, don’t you,” Gibbs asked.

“I do, and I love you too. Doesn’t mean I don’t like hearing it.” Tony kissed him once more before turning on his side.

“Don’t make me beg again,” he declared, earning another one of those throaty laughs he relished.

“I won’t,” Gibbs murmured and in one smooth thrust he was buried deep inside Tony, who nearly screamed in pure pleasure as his lover started sliding in and out, keeping the rhythm slow and easy, letting it build in both of them, taking his time, trying to make this last.

It was futile and they both knew it. Gibbs wrapped his hand around Tony’s cock and started stroking. The faint tremors running through Tony told Gibbs the other man was on the brink, too. Gibbs started thrusting harder into that velvety tight heat. The young Italian had closed his eyes now, fists clenched around the sheets, moaning and mumbling incoherently. Waves of pleasure rippled through Tony’s body each time Gibbs buried his cock inside him. Shifting slightly, he sought to find Tony’s prostate. Suddenly Tony cried out, hips jerking.

“So close, Jethro, soo close,” he hissed. Tony reached for his throbbing cock, long fingers curling around his leaking shaft, replacing the older man’s hand with his own.

“Come for me, Tony,” Gibbs gasped, thrusting harder, more erratic as he picked up the pace. Tony’s body grew rigid, his head tipped back against Gibbs, soft lips seeking his as white hot cum splattered the sheets. Internal spasms milked Gibbs as he buried himself deep inside Tony one final time, crying out hoarsely as he came.

Tony grabbed some baby wipes and cleaned them both up a bit. Sinking back into the pillows, he sighed contentedly as Gibbs wrapped himself around him as they both dosed off. Nothing else really mattered than the fact they were together, here and now.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you all for reading, your feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Hilde