- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My first post to this site and my first NCIS fic! I took a couple weeks off from the internet and during that time I discovered NCIS and fell in love with it. My newest obsession is Gibbs/DiNozzo, and this very short first part is just an attempt to get a feel for writing the characters. It will be a series of related oneshots that will vary in plot and length. I'd really, really love any constructive criticism to help me get the characterization better, and I'd love to hear what you think!! I hope you enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
DiNozzo likes girls. And Gibbs. He's not real sure how the latter happened, either. *a series of oneshots of the Gibbs/DiNozzo variety*
i. In The Beginning

The first time Gibbs meets Tony is in Baltimore. Gibbs is trying to catch a serial killer named Jeanette Margo who has a thing for little boys. Detective DiNozzo is reckless, obnoxious, smarter than he looks. He threatens the integrity of NCIS.'s investigation, and catches the bad guy. For the former, Gibbs clocks him with a strong left hook that knocks a tooth loose. Tony spits blood into his face in response. They glare at each other for a tense few moments amid the sound of the fading sirens taking Ms. Margo away. Gibbs wipes the blood off his face with his sleeve and then grips Tony's chin hard to keep him from looking away, and Tony bares his teeth in a feral smile full of challenge. Gibbs pats him on the cheek and decides to recruit him.

"Good work, kid. Maryland sucks. Lookin' for a job?"

DiNozzo tilts his head thoughtfully and then nods. "Thank you, sir."

Gibbs pulls his keys out of his pocket and turning toward where he's parked his car. "Don't call me sir."

"Sure thing, boss."

"Get in," Gibbs says, gesturing to the passenger door for Tony to let himself in. "And DiNozzo?"

"Yeah?" DiNozzo asks distractedly.

Gibbs waits until they're both in the car and belted in before he levels Tony with a casual stare. DiNozzo doesn't notice, busy playing with the buttons on the side arm of the door. Gibbs starts the car and shifts it into drive. "You ever spit on me again, I'll shove my boot so far up your ass you'll taste the steel toe."

DiNozzo looks at him with a smile that drops when he realizes Gibbs is serious. He clears his throat and looks ahead. "Noted."

Gibbs grins.

They go to Denny's, and then to D.C. Gibbs lets Tony pick whichever desk he wants in the bullpen. Tony buys a Mighty Mouse stapler; Gibbs cuffs him across the back of the head. It begins a kind of pattern.
Chapter End Notes:
My first post to this site and my first NCIS fic! I took a couple weeks off from the internet and during that time I discovered NCIS and fell in love with it. My newest obsession is Gibbs/DiNozzo, and this very short first part is just an attempt to get a feel for writing the characters. It will be a series of related oneshots that will vary in plot and length. I'd really, really love any constructive criticism to help me get the characterization better, and I'd love to hear what you think!! I hope you enjoy!