- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Another short one... Comments
I drive to your apartment and wait out the front. I’m early and if I went in I’m sure that I wouldn’t be able to resist locking us inside and not coming out. 5 minutes later you step from the door. Your shining green eyes drive me crazy. But the best thing is that they are looking at me. I open the car door for you and slide on in to the other side. My oh my you are perfect.

As we drive the moon sits high in the sky but the night is still young. We drive to a lookout, I don’t take any notice of the name. I park the car and we get out. The moonlight spills onto your face and it takes my breath away. I take your hand and lead you up the track for a short time before jumping off the track and pulling you to a clearing.

It is a beautiful sight, the lights of Washington shining. We sit under a cottonwood tree just staring into the lights. It’s perfect, this moment is perfect, and you are perfect. Tell me I’m not dreaming because I’ve waited so long for this moment. I look at you and realise that you are watching me.

You smile and I think I just died and floated away with the angels.

You rest your head on my shoulder and all I can do is hold you. Words couldn’t express how much I love you right now. I run my fingers through your hair and feel content. You didn’t object when I asked you to come with me. I could see you trying to suppress a smirk and as soon as you thought I was gone you ran to Abby’s lab. I used the stairs and listened to you brag to Abby.

So, here we sit. I think now is the time to tell you. I shift and you sit up. I look you in the eye and that smile appears on your face again. I take your hands and give them a quick squeeze. Here goes, you’ll either hate me or love me.

“Tony, I love you,” I say. You let out a sigh and I fear the worst.

“It’s about time... I love you too, Jethro,” you say. Happy with the response I settle back down and hold you again. Looking out across the Washington lights I think just how lucky I am.

XxxxxxxxxxxX
End
Chapter End Notes:
Another short one... Comments