- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Same

Part 5 Yellow



Tony sat once more in the guest room. Jethro was occupying the single bed, as Bethany was still in the master bedroom and the couch was taken by Jay and Silent Bob. Abby was with Ducky, Ziva and McGee. He wasn’t quite sure if McGee and Ziva were watching Abby or if they all were watching McGee.

Tim’s story was no surprise, really. He had met Ruby in a bar after he had stormed out of Tony’s apartment. They had hit it off and when they got to Tim’s apartment she tried to kill him. His luck was that he was taller and stronger than she was. And then angels came to take the body away. Not exactly low profil, Tony thought as he went through the notes of the case they had met Ruby on.

He barely had contact with the lab tech and therefore hadn’t felt the need to check her aura. His mind was occupied at that time anyway. His rebellion, as Metatron had called it, against his task. Jeanne. Looking at the man sleeping in his bed now he didn’t really know why he had tried to fight those strong feelings he had all those years.

He sighed and relished in the warm atmosphere surrounding them, trying to lose himself in the glory of what was their union. It wasn’t easy though. Some part of him was happy that Jethro couldn’t see auras, cause his would most likely freak him out. Tony felt incredibly lost and although until now the Lord seemed to be on their side he couldn’t think it would go on like that. It was too easy, like an open and shut case. He was expecting the hammer to fall, to smash him, and somehow he had that very bad feeling that Jethro would be nail the hammer would fall upon.

He rubbed over his tired eyes. It was three o’clock in the morning and he was beyond exhaustion, and still he couldn’t sleep. He tried to tell himself that the bed was too small for two grown men but he knew it was his state of mind. Metatron hadn’t been clear about the consequences if they fail, even if only one of them was to fail. Aparently it didn’t matter for Lucifer’s servants if they fail, hencing that they just keep sending the next one.

His cell phone suddenly pulled him out of his thoughts and he realized that he had been staring at the screen of his laptop for twenty minutes. Gibbs woke from the shrill ringing, as did Bethany’s son in the next room.

"Great, I’ll hear about it in the moring,“ Tony muttered as he took the annoying item.

"DiNozzo?“

"Tony, it’s me, McGee...“

"What’s going on?“ Tony asked, concerned.

"Um, well...“

"Spill it, McGee!“

"Abby’s gone.“

Tony jumped off the seat and barely got his balance as he stormed out of the guest room to get his gun and wallet, as he noticed he was missing his shoes. "What do you mean â€" gone?“

"Well, we hadn’t thought of it as protection detail, so we went to bed and...I just woke up and she’s nowhere to be found.“

"What’s going on?“ Gibbs asked, concerned by Tony’s rapid movement.

"Abby’s gone," Tony answered and then returned to the phone, "could it be that anyone came in?“

"There’s no sign of forced entry, and I don’t really think that they would let her dress and take her purse, would they?“

Gibbs frowned as Tony’s jaw set and his lips formed an angry line.

"No, they wouldn't...I think I know where she is," he said and hung up. Finally putting on his shoes and taking his keys he was on his way out when he noticed that Gibbs was following him.

"Where do you think you’re going?“ Tony asked, definitely not in the mood for playing games.

"I’m coming with you!“

"Oh, no, you’re not. You are going to stay here. No one who hasn’t killed their counterpart is leaving without my okay! New rule. Live with it!“ Tony hissed, "and believe me, if I find out that you did, hell will be a nice vacation!“ With that he left the dumbstruck Gibbs behind.



**********************************



Tony pushed his car to its limit as he raced through the nightly streets of DC. He couldn’t believe that Abby was stupid enough to go out at this time. She had told him this morning that she was missing a great party and fortunately she had told him the exact club. As he reached the parking lot his car came to a halt with squealing tires.

The security at the door wasn’t much of a problem. He flashed his badge and told him that he was looking for someone, just to ask a few questions and he was in. Abby had taken him to one of those parties so the music wasn’t a shock to him. Neither were the people dressed in black mainly but more than one with colorful accessories. He, on the other hand, stood out like a pink elephant.

He positioned himself on the balcony above the dancefloor and let his mind switch to aura mode. Suddenly the room wasn’t dark and black at all. He wasn’t surprised to find most auras friendly, just as he wasn't surprised that not all of them were healthy, but there it was. The bright, familiar yellow...and the other one.

Praying that the Lord would help him once more he took out his cell phone.

"Counterpart with you. Get out. Act normal!“ He pushed send and then looked over at the bar. He saw Abby standing there. He held his breath but then she took out her cell phone. Thank God!

She said something smiling and then went out of the main room. Tony hurried out and there, in front of the club he found a very guilty looking Abby.

"What the hell were you thinking?“ He whispered angrily and lead her out of the vision of the security.

"Tony, I’m so sorry!“

"Who was that? At least we know who you have to kill now," Tony asked, Abby shifted from one foot to the other. "Don’t tell me you don’t know his name.“

"I do know his name, and technically, I already killed him.“

Tony raised his eyebrow. "What?“

"Well, when I left Ducky’s place...I can’t kill like you guys! So, I took poison with me, and...when I got you message, I slipped it in his drink. He’ll die in the next twenty to thirty minutes.“

Tony sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Jesus...okay, let’s get the hell away from here. Let’s hope the angels don’t show up in the middle of a goth disco, that might throw off most of those atheists in there.“ He started towards the car. "But don’t think the issues closed. He could have killed you! It was irresponsible of you!“ Muttering, Tony got into the car.
Chapter End Notes:
Same