- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Caitlin, Caitlin. I merely wanted to meet you. My brother has told me so much about you."
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter One

Caitlin Todd sighed as she unlocked her apartment door. It had been three weeks since she was kidnapped by the man the NCIS team now knew as Mossad Officer Ari Haswari and Gibbs had finally seen it fit to let her out of his sight. After nearly a month in a house that smelled strongly of sawdust, and Old Spice, she was eager to sleep in her own bed. Hopefully the familiar surroundings would finally suppress the nightmares that had plagued her as she slept in her boss' spare bedroom.

But before she attempted to get a good night's sleep, she was going to dress up and spend the night out on the town. She was not normally a party girl but after her recent experience she had decided she deserved to have an exciting weekend.

She fetched her cell phone out of her purse. Flipping it open she paused before dialing. Abigail Scuito was her best friend and she loved her dearly but today she was not in the mood for the Gothic club Abby would want to go to. Instead she pressed in another memorized number.

After three rings her friend Galit Goldberg answered cheerfully. They had met while Kate was first entering the Secret Service. Galit had already been in the service for a few years and had shown her the ropes and taught her how to survive as a woman in a man's world. A few years ago she had been stationed in the Nevada office. She had just recently come back and they had soon become closer than ever.

“Hey, Kate, where have you been? You have not called me in forever. What happened?”

“Oh, it's a long story,” Kate mumbled. She sensed that her often oblivious friend had not taken the hint and not wanting to worry her by telling her the events of the past month, she quickly said the only words guaranteed to divert any further prying questions.

“Hey, do you want to go out tonight?”

******

Kate sat cross-legged on Galit's bed absentmindedly fiddling with a small stuffed lion that had been perched on the headboard. When Galit had seen the one dancing dress Kate owned, a modest and simple black gown, she had shook her head and declared that it was not fit for clubbing. She had dragged Kate to her house insisting that she had something perfect. Now she was rustling around in the her large walk-in closet.

Finally after nearly three minutes Galit came out proudly holding up a dress. It was blood red and fit perfectly. She twirled around experimentally, admiring the way it fluttered gracefully around her knees. "Wow, where did you get this? It's perfect."

Galit just grinned, "I refuse to reveal my sources. I have been meaning to give it to you actually. I bought it for you, but I kept on forgetting." She smoothed down her own dress, it was a bright sapphire color that matched her eyes.

After fooling around with each other's hair and makeup for a while they declared themselves satisfied with their appearances and left Galit's house. As Kate opened the door of Galit's car she shivered and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. She had the distinct feeling she was being watched and she froze, scanning the area surreptitiously scanning the area for any sign of a watcher. But she didn't see anything.

"Come on Kate, you do not want to miss any fun, do you?"

She shook her head, she must be getting paranoid. "Right, I'm coming."