- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"She's got her Gibbs. She's got my little girl."
Author's Note: Sorry the chapter is so short. The next one is longer. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


FBI Special Agent Tobias Fornell smiled gently as he watched children pour out of J.F.K. Elementary School. It was the second Friday of the month so he would have the whole weekend with Emily. He was looking forward to being able to spend time with his daughter, and the smile did not leave his face until he realized that no more students were leaving the building, and the tiny blond was not among the waiting faces.

Images of all the crime scenes he had seen involving children, images that still haunted his dreams, flashed through his mind. The body of his little girl replaced those of the victims. He calmed his ragged breathing and rapid heart rate. There's no reason to panic. She's probably just inside talking to someone. She's fine. She has to be. He parked the car and put on his controlled special agent facade as he stepped into the school's lobby. Glaring at the young man sitting at the entrance desk, he barked, “Where's Emily?”

The secretary jumped as his tone jolted him out of his daydreams. “Um. I'm sorry sir. Wha... what was that?” he managed to stamper out.

Fornell's glare intensified, “My daughter, Emily Fornell, where is she?”

“Um, right, Emily Fornell,” he pawed frantically through the logs, terrified that he'd done something wrong.

“Here we are, sir. She was, uh, checked out early, sir.”

“What, by who?” I swear if her mother is trying to pull one over me again... he let that thought trail off never to be completed as he heard the words that came next.

“By her aunt, sir”

“Her aunt,” he choked out letting his calm exterior mask slip and panic overtake him. “Emily doesn't have any aunts.”