- Text Size +
“Maybe if you listened to me this case would have been closed sooner,” Ziva yelled at McGee.

“If we listened to you we might have gotten the wrong guy,” McGee yelled back.

“Conference room now,” Ziva scowled. McGee stood and they went to the elevator a few seconds later he flicked it off.

“Why are you been so difficult?” Ziva asked.

“Me, you’re the one been difficult,” McGee said. Ziva went to speak but McGee pushed her to the wall and laid his lips on top of her glossed lips. They kissed for a short while before McGee pulled back and cradled her.

“I miss Tony, I miss Gibbs, she sobbed. McGee nodded and kissed her forehead.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
“And that’s why I’m here,” Tony said. Gibbs looked at him in a way Tony hadn’t seen before.

“You’re not going to eat... drink me... are you?” Gibbs asked as he leant back.

“No, I can live on food for a while but it weakens me, I schedule my drinking sessions, I’m trying to have only one a week, it’s tough but I’ll get there,” Tony explained.

“Who do you... drink?” Gibbs asked his curiosity getting the better of him.

“People who are dying or are almost dead, I can sneak into a hospital, sense where the almost deceased patient is, go in apply my fangs to their throats and they go peacefully,” Tony said.

“Don’t the doctors see you?” Gibbs asked as he leant forward.

“No I can make myself invisible, how else would I have watched you for fifteen minutes before you noticed someone was here?” Tony smirked.

“Oh... Well umm... You won’t kill me if I ask you something?” Gibbs asked.

“No, I’d never hurt you, I would kill myself if I ever did,” Tony said as a grim look appeared on his face.

“How do you do that?” Gibbs said even though he hated the thought.

“We can get another vampire to drain us or we can cut ourselves so deep the wound doesn’t have time to heal and we bleed out,” he informed the older man. Gibbs nodded.

“What did you want to ask me?’ he asked.

“Oh... Did you maybe... umm,” he didn’t know how to say it.

“Yes Jethro, I’d like that,” Tony said. Gibbs looked up obviously confused.

“We can read minds as well,” he smiled as he leaned closer than planted a soft kiss onto Gibbs’ lips.

“Anything else I should know about?” he asked his lover.

“We can mentally tell people what to say, I know if you’re lying, I can kill you quicker than a sniper but I never would,” Tony said. Gibbs nodded then stood up and took Tony’s hand.

“Inside,” he whispered. They disappeared inside and didn’t come out until the next morning. They were happy and didn’t want to upset the others just yet so they stayed in Mexico for a year.

They returned to NCIS for a visit and everybody was overjoyed to see them both. Tony, like his old self, got Ziva and McGee to spill that they were seeing each other. He made Abby smile for the first time since his “death”. After a week in Washington the left again, promising to return for a visit. On the flight back Gibbs turned to Tony.

“Aren’t you supposed to die in the daylight?” he asked. Tony gave a small laugh.

“That, my love, is a myth,” he smiled.

“Garlic?”

“Myth also, although it does smell worse to me now,”

“Holy water?”

“Myth,”

“Crosses?”

“Myth,”

This continued for most of the flight. Gibbs went through everything he could possibly think of and it was all a myth only draining the vampire of its blood would kill them. Their injuries were extremely fast to heal.

Back in Mexico Gibbs and Tony settled down for a new life, a peaceful one. One they hoped would last forever.

xxxENDxxx