- Text Size +
Story Notes:
sorry its been so long but i have a computer and time to write now.hope you like.
Author's Chapter Notes:
What was routine has turned into a nightmare
‘ How long do you think we will be here?’ Kate asked as she leaned up against the wall of the small room they are being held prisoner in.
‘ As long as it takes DiNozzo and McGee’ Gibbs replied sitting in the corner.
They had been out on stakeout when they got distracted by the person in question, who led them to this place where they were ambushed and taken into this small room.
They both froze as they heard voices and footsteps outside the door. Gibbs got up off the floor and went to stand next to Kate. They waited for what seemed like forever then eventually the door flung open and three men in masks entered.
‘ The woman’ one of them ordered, he seemed to be the leader, and the other two went for Kate.
‘ Leave her alone’ Gibbs said sternly, stepping front of her. The leader pulled out a gun and pointed it at Gibbs.
‘ Let her go or you’ll go’ he said with no emotion. Gibbs slowly moved away from Kate. His eyes locked with hers, telling her how sorry he was that he couldn’t do anymore.
The two men grabbed her from either side.
‘ Get off me. Stop it’ she said as she tried to struggle free. They took her out of the room and down the hall. Gibbs could still her pleas to let her go. The leader left still with the gun pointed at Gibbs. He snickered and slammed the door shut behind him.
Kate was lead into another room that was identical to the other one except it had a chair in the middle of the room with metal, cuffs on the arm rests and leg posts.
As the dragged her nearer to the chair she started to struggle even more. They sat her down in the chair and clamped her arms in legs to the chair.
‘ Let me go!’ she yelled as she struggled in the chair. The men chuckled at the sight of her.
‘ What do you want?’ she asked at the top of her voice.
Gibbs was standing against the wall and he could hear Kate perfectly. He couldn’t tell what was going on but he knew it wasn’t good.
‘ Ah Chloe, you were always a charmer’ the leader said as he walked around her chair making sure she was secure.
‘ What? My names not Chloe” Kate told him confused. Without warning he hit her with the back of her making her squeal in surprise.
‘ Do not lie to me. Now you are going to tell me who he is’ he asked her standing I front of her.
‘ Who, who is?’ she asked confused. She could feel the warm trickle of blood from her lip.
‘ The old man you are with’
‘ He is my boss’ she told him. She watched his eyes to see if he would believe her. Without warning he hit her again.
‘ Ah’ she cried out.
‘ Who is he?’ he asked again.
‘ I told you he is my..’ she even didn’t get to finish her sentence before he hit her again.
‘ Tell me the truth Chloe’ he demanded.
‘ I am and my name isn’t Chloe’ she yelled back at him.
‘ Do what he says, Kate. Don’t be stubborn’ Gibbs thought to himself.
‘ Ah!’ she yelled again as he hit her again.
Gibbs listened quietly but he couldn’t hear anything.
‘ Come on Kate’ he said to himself. He then turned towards the door as he heard the scuffling of feet outside the door.
The door flung open and the same men had Kate in their arms. She looked horrible.
They walked her in and threw her on the ground and left slamming the door behind them. Gibbs rushed over to her on the ground.
‘ What happened?’ he asked as he examined her face in his hands.
‘ I’m fine’ she said not looking at him.
‘ Kate’
‘ They wanted to know who you were and they hit me every time I told them. They called me Chloe’ she informed him.
‘ I heard. Did he say anything else?’ he asked as he wiped the blood from her lip with his sleeve. She shook her head.
‘ Ok, well let’s get you up. You can have the bed’ he said as he helped her up off the floor and walked her over to the edge of the bed.
‘ Where are you going to sleep?’ she asked looking up at him.
‘ On the chair’ he said pointing to the worn out chair in the corner.
‘ Gibbs I can’t she started.
‘ Get some sleep’ he said cutting her off and heading for the chair. She slid back up the bed and lay down. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on sleeping.
Kate woke up the next morning and saw Gibbs sitting awkwardly on the little chair in the corner. She smiled softly to herself.
‘ Sleep well?’ he mumbled rubbing his rough face.
‘ Yeah, well as good as you can in a place like this’ she said with a soft smile.
‘ We’ll get out of here’ he says sitting forward.
‘ When?’ she ask softly not looking at him.
‘ When ever DiNozzo pulls his ass in gear’ he said lightly trying to lift the mood. She gave a little chuckle.
‘ Well that could be awhile’ she laughed.
‘ Yeah’ he chuckled.
‘ It could be worse’
‘ How?’ he asked looking at her bruised face.
‘ I could be stuck with Tony’ she laughed.
‘ Yeah’ he agreed.
They sat in silence for a while not knowing what to talk about or what to do.
‘ Do you have any regrets?’ she asked out of the blue.
Gibbs looked up at her. He nodded after a while.
‘ Do you mind sharing’ she said softly. He shook his head.
‘ I regret going to war, for leaving my family alone, for interrogating innocent people, hiring DiNozzo’ Kate laughed, ‘and I regret not ki..’ he didn’t get to finish as they heard the tell tale footsteps and the sound of the lock on the metal door.
Kate jumped off the bed and ran over to Gibbs’ side. He wrapped and arm around her protectively. He has never seen Kate scared before but he can tell she is scared now.
‘ Don’t let them take me again, Gibbs’ she whispered before the door flew open.
The three of them walked in.
‘ Get her’ the leader ordered pointing at Kate. The two men stepped forward.
‘ Take me instead’ Gibbs said stepping in front of Kate.
‘ I don’t want you, I want her. I have no use for you. Get her’ he said in an icy tone.
The two men grabbed Kate.
‘ Let go of me’ she yelled at them as she struggled in their grasps.
Gibbs stepped forward to try and grab her but stopped in his tracks as a gun was pointed at his head.
‘ I wouldn’t do that if I were you’ the leader said with a cheesy grin. Gibbs looked at the gun in his hand. It looked oddly familiar.
The men holding Kate froze as they stared at the gun pointed at Gibbs. She saw an opportunity and took it. She ripped one hand free and hit one of them in the face. He stumbled back clutching his nose. She went to run away but was caught by the other man and stopped as another gun was pulled out and pointed at her. She stood up and let them grab her. They pulled her away and all he could hear where her pleas for them to let her go, then some death threats from her to.
‘ You try anything like that again I will blow your head off, Agent Gibbs’ he said then left the room.
As soon as they door closed he relaxed a little and tried to breathe again.
‘ He knows who we are’ he thought to himself. He ran over to the wall to try and hear what they wanted now.
They sat Kate in the chair and locked her in. One of them went away into the shadows while the other, with the bloody nose, stood over by the wall with a cloth held up to his nose.
‘ So, Caitlin Todd, why is NCIS snooping around here?’ the leader asked as he started pacing around her. She didn’t answer. She was to shocked that h knew her name and who they were.
‘ If you’re not going to speak when spoken to I guess you’re going to have to learn a lesson’ he snarled and nodded his head to the one in the shadows.
He walked out with something in his hand. Kate didn’t say anything.
‘ MMMMmmmm’ she groaned as a striking pain flooded through her right thigh. She looked down at the glowing red mark just under her hem line of her skirt.
‘ Now you are going to tell me why you are here’ he said again.
‘ Its none of your business’ she said threw gritted teeth. A another loud whip and striking pain on her leg.
‘ How many times do I have to ask Caitlin’ he snickered.
All he could hear was the whips and her cries. He knew she was trying to be strong but right know he wouldn’t care if she told them why they were here, if it meant they would stop torturing her. He stood up when he could not hear her or the whip again. His heart started to beat faster as thoughts ran through his head.
The door swung opened and he saw the two men walk in with a limp Kate in their arms. He rushed over to her as they let her go and she started to fall to the ground. The two men walked out leaving the leader behind.
‘ I told her she shouldn’t be so stubborn’ he said then slammed the door behind him.
Gibbs sat on the floor with Kate in his arms. He looked at her battered legs. Red marks and gashes ran up and down her legs. He moved and arm around to her back to make her more comfortable.
‘ AHHH’ she screamed. He looked at where he had his arm and there was a gash there and above it. He felt the anger rising inside as he took in her beaten body.
‘ I’m so sorry Kate’ he whispered in her ear. He felt her hand come up and brush over his cheek.
‘ Its…not…your…fault’ she managed to say. She rested her head on his chest, right over his heart. She could hear how fast it was going and she knew he was angry, scared and frustrated, all at the same time.
They both froze as they heard a door get kicked in and lots of yelling and then gun fire. Gibbs turned his head towards their door. He held his breath as he heard footsteps outside the door.
Then the door was kicked in and standing there with guns drawn were Tony and McGee.
‘ Boss’ Tony said in disbelief. Tony and McGee both looked down at the limp Kate in his arms.
‘ Is she?’ McGee asked.
‘ No. Call and ambulance McGee’ Gibbs ordered. McGee ran out to make the call as Tony ran to help Gibbs and Kate up. Kate groaned at the sudden movement.
‘ Its ok, Tony and McGee are here’ Gibbs told her.
‘ Here let me.’ Tony started to say but Gibbs stopped him.
‘ No I’ve got her. You go check the other rooms’ Gibbs ordered. Tony left the room and Gibbs looked at Kate who was trying so hard to stand on her own feet but the pain was too much.
‘ I’m sorry’ he whispers to her and then picks her up in her arms. She holds on to him tight and burries her head in his chest to try and muffle her screams of pain. Gibbs walks out along the dark corridors and sees the body’s of the 3 men that had turned their lives into a nightmare.
Gibbs exits the dark building to find black cars and an NCIS van parked out the front. McGee comes running up to him.
‘ The ambulance should be here any minuet’ he said a bit rushed.
‘ Ok. McGee why are the FBI here?’ he asks looking over at Fornell.
‘ Well we thought we could use the back up and since this guy is on their wanted list we thought they could help’ he informed him.
‘ Oh. Good work’ he said and kept walking. He could hear the sound of the ambulances siren as it got nearer. Tony came running out of the building.
‘ No one else is in there boss’ he called out to Gibbs. Gibbs didn’t really care he just wanted to get Kate to the hospital as soon as possible. Soon enough the ambulance comes roaring round the corner. They pull into the lot and stop just ahead of Gibbs. The officers scramble out and run round to the back of the ambulance.
‘ What happened?’ the female one asked.
‘ She was tortured’ was all Gibbs said.
‘ Ok lets put her on the stretcher and get her out of here. Are you two the only ones?’ the male asked.
‘ She’s the only one that was injured’ Gibbs told them as he laid her down gently on the stretcher.
‘ She has a gash on her back as well as the ones her legs. I don’t know what else they did’ Gibbs told them as they put her into the ambulance. The female jump in the back and started assessing her.
‘ If you can hear me nod your head’ she said.
‘ Her names Kate’ Gibbs said. He jumped in the back as well.
Tony ran round to the back of the ambulance.
‘ Boss what do you want me to do here?’ he asked just before the male officer closed the door.
‘ Get Ducky in here and let the FBI deal wit the rest’ he snapped and the door was closed. Tony moved out of the way of the reversing ambulance and did what Gibbs said. He looked on as the ambulance sped away lights and siren blarring.
Hospital
Gibbs looks into Kate’s room as she has bandages and machines surrounding her. The nurse exits her room and stands next to him.
‘ She is sleeping at the moment. You can go in and sit with her until she wakes up’ she says softly.
‘ Thank you. Is she going to be alright?’
‘ Well once everything has healed and there are no infections she will be back to normal’ the nurse said with a soft smile and left. He took a breath and decided to enter her room.
The silence was filled with the slow beeps of the machines. He pulled over a chair and sat as close as he could to her. He took her hand in his and squeezed it.
‘ I’m so sorry Kate. Its all my fault’ he said softly. Then there was a soft knock at the door and he looked up to see Tony, Abby and McGee standing there looking in. Abby grabbed hold of Tony’s arm as she saw Kate just lying there.
‘ Come in’ Gibbs said softly. He stood up and let the others crowd around her
‘ The nurse said she is just sleeping’ he informed them.
‘ My god she looks like she’s…’ she stopped as she touched her warm arm.
‘ I know’ Gibbs said softly and put a hand on her shoulder.
‘ What happened to her Gibbs?’ Abby turned around and asked him. He took a deep breath.
‘ She was taken away, questioned and if they didn’t like the answers they would hurt her’ he said. Abby gasped and hugged him.
‘ Come on we should let her sleep’ Tony said resting a hand on Abby’s back. She nodded and let go of Gibbs and went with Tony and McGee.
‘ Call me as soon as she wakes up’ She said.
‘ I will’ he smiled. They closed the door behind them and Gibbs took up his seat again. He sat there starring at her. He took her hand again and squeezed it. He almost jumped out of his skin when he felt her squeeze back. He looked at her and could see her eyes fluttering.
‘ Kate’ he said softly. She turned her head to the sound of his voice. Her eyes opened slowly.
‘ Gibbs?’ she said hoarsely.
‘ Its ok. Do you want me to get a nurse?’ he asked.
‘ No’ she said a bit louder.
‘ How are you feeling?’ he asked.
‘ Ok. Tired but ok’ she said with a soft smile.
‘ That’s good’ he said with a smile.
‘ Gibbs can I ask you something?’
“ Sure’. She took a deep breath and looked at him.
‘ What was that last regret of yours?’ she said with a soft smile. He looked puzzled.
‘ Its all I think about. It takes my mind off...other things’ she said.
‘ Um…well I was going to say..’ he paused. He was nervous to say it now. Now that he knew everything was going to be ok. He took a breath and blurted it out.
‘ I regret not kissing you on that sub’ he breathed. He looked at her reaction and to his surprise she had a smile on her face. He thought she was secretly laughing at him.
‘ What’ he asked.
‘ That was my regret’ she said still with a smile on his face. Gibbs stood up from his chair. It took him a while to get what she just said. A smile crossed hi face and he leaned down and kissed her. Her arms tiredly wrapped around his neck pulling him down closer to her.
‘ Any regrets now?’ he asked when he stood back up.
‘ Um…nope’ she said with an even bigger grin. He smiled at her and headed for the door.
‘ Where are you going?’ she asked.
‘ I promised I’d call Abby when you woke up’ he said.
‘ Don’t be to long’ she said. She put her head back against the pillow and closed her eyes. She could still feel his lips on his and it was the best feeling ever. She wants to keep that feeling forever.
Chapter End Notes:
sorry its been so long but i have a computer and time to write now.hope you like.