- Text Size +
Story Notes:
hope you like... comments appreciated
Author's Chapter Notes:
“It’s just going to be a few drinks, please Gibbs, it’s my house warming party,” Abby pleaded, her eyes looking directly into mine, holding her gaze as she stomped her foot.
“It’s just going to be a few drinks, please Gibbs, it’s my house warming party,” Abby pleaded, her eyes looking directly into mine, holding her gaze as she stomped her foot.

“Fine Abbs, I’ll come,” I gave in. How could anyone resist her innocent look? So when the day ended I went home and got into something more comfortable for drinks, jeans and a t-shirt. I headed to Abby’s new house; it was Victorian style and looked too big for just her alone. I let myself in soon finding Abby who was cooking with Ziva. McGee was sorting through CDs, Ducky talking away about some time he was saved by natives of some country. Jimmy was patting Jethro... no not me, Abby’s dog. I was just a little disappointed to see that Tony wasn’t there, ok I’m lying, I was hugely disappointed. My mood shot up again when he walked in.

“Finally got the stereo in the back yard,” he smiled at Abby.

“Thanks Tony,” she said as she kissed his cheek in reward.

“Hey Boss,” he smiled at me; I thought I was going to melt.

“DiNozzo,” I shot back but it was clear that I was not in my Boss form, my mood changed when I saw Tony just relaxed and enjoying life not worried about work. We headed outside into the warm night air. Abby handed us cold drinks from an esky. I sat down on one of the cushioned wooden seats that were placed to the side of the back yard. Ziva ducked back inside to bring the snacks out.

Fifteen minutes later Abby jumped up and put a CD on, not her usual music though. It was more down toned, softer in a way, wouldn’t have a clue what it was though. First it was Abby and Ziva dancing, then they convinced McGee to get up, and then Tony.
I took in his body as he moved. Every step he took I followed, as his arms wrapped around Abby while they were dancing it made me see just how, here’s a new word, un-frat boyish he could be.
He loved her like a sister that was something neither I nor nobody else could deny. His eyes were shining with a happiness I hadn’t seen in a while and that smile, well, that smile was just breathtaking. I watched him as he whispered something in Abby’s ear, her eyes quickly turning on me for a brief moment before looking back to Tony, a huge grin on her face. When the song ended they sat back down, except for Tony who headed towards the house.

“I’m gonna get some more drinks for the esky,” he said as he stopped.

“Gibbs, can you help me?” he asked and of course I couldn’t say no, not to Tony anyway.

“Sure,” I said as I got up and followed him inside. I heard the whispers of the other and was clueless to what it was about. I walked into the kitchen and Tony immediately put the six pack on the bench, swinging to face me it was obvious that he was nervous.
Chapter End Notes:
hope you like... comments appreciated