- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I hope that you guys enjoy and God Bless!!!! P.S. Thanks so much for reading my stories, even though I know some of them may seem/or may have seemed a little (i don't know) weird I guess lol.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This series will focus a little more on slightly older versions of Chloe & Paige (Gibbs & Abby's children)--more specifically on some of their early school years, and other such adventures. This series will kind of tie in with my other series.
------------"School Days, Pt. 1"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
Based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

Chloe and Paige had been dropped off at their school by their parents, Gibbs and Abby.

Chloe was now 8 1/2 years old, and Paige was 5 years old.

As usual the sisters had taken up their usual spots on the first bench right outside the school doors where they would wait patiently until time for the teachers to let them come inside so they could go to their classes.

Also joining them on the bench was Chloe's friend Jenny. Jenny was maybe a hair or two shorter than Chloe, and Jenny had shoulder length red hair, and Green eyes. Overall Jenny was a cute little girl. And Jenny was actually a year younger than Chloe, this was because Chloe didn't start school when she was supposed to--her parents held her back until the next year, because they just felt like maybe she wasn't quite ready to start school at that time.

While the two girls sat talking and giggling together, Paige usually sat quietly beside her sister--unless Britney was there, and she usually was there, but not today.

Britney was the same age as Paige, they were in the same grade and class together--which made things so much easier. Britney had dirty blonde hair and hazel colored eyes. Paige had light brown hair and her mother's fierce green eyes.

Paige and Britney had the fact that they both liked horses in common, among other things.

Paige sat and listened to her sister and Jenny talk about, well the kinds of things that little girls in the second grade talk about.

Suddenly a butterfly flew past Paige, and then circled back and landed on the bench beside her.

Paige looked at it, and watched as it fluttered it's wings slowly as it got ready to fly away again. After a second or two the butterfly lifted off and flew away. Paige jumped down off of the bench and followed after it.

That was another thing that Paige liked was butterflies.

Paige followed the butterfly as it flew towards the small playground that was actually not too far away from where she started out (at the front doors of the school building).

"Come back." Paige said, as she followed the butterfly.

-------------------------------------

Chloe and Jenny were talking when the bell rang overhead. All the children who were standing/sitting outside began to make their way into the school building.

Chloe and Jenny hopped off of their bench and, Jenny grabbed her back pack.

"Where's Paige?" Jenny asked, looking around.

"She was-" Chloe started to say, as she looked around and didn't see her sister anywhere.

Chloe began to walk away from Jenny, moving against the crowd of kids trying to get inside the school building.

"Chloe." Jenny called after her friend.

"I'll meet you in class." Chloe called back as she proceeded forward through the crowd.

Chloe finally made it to the end of the crowd and that's when she spotted her sister, in the distance, on the playground with a couple of boys that were bigger than her.

Chloe watched as one of the boys shoved Paige backwards down onto the ground.

Chloe immediately started running towards them, her pigtails bouncing up and down as she ran.

Chloe reached her sister's side in no time. Paige was crying and holding her knee.

"Paige!" Chloe said, as she reached her sister.

Paige's knee was scraped up pretty good.

Chloe dropped to her knees by her sister's side, and examined her sisters' knee.

"It's okay...shhhh...it's okay." Chloe said, soothingly, trying to calm her little sister.

The three boys were still standing behind them, and Chloe could hear them snickering.

"What a baby." one of the boys said.

This remark made all three of them laugh hysterically.

Chloe knew the boys. They were in the third grade, they were bigger, and they were mean bullies.

Chloe turned and looked up at the boys.

"Stop it." Chloe snapped, at the boys.

Chloe turned back to her sister, and began to wipe the tears from Paige's eyes with her sleeve. "It's okay."

"Cry baby." Danny said again, real mean-like.

Danny Wittle was the leader of the group of boys, and perhaps the meanest of the three bullies.

Chloe stood quickly, and turned to face them directing her attention to the leader of the group, Danny, almost immediately.

"What?" Danny snorted, as Chloe stepped up to him.

"I said stop it." Chloe snarled at the boy.

"What if I don't want to?" Danny said, very rudely. "You're not the boss of me." he added, real mean-like, stepping closer to Chloe.

Chloe narrowed her eyes at the boy in just the way she had learned from her father.

The other two boys were intimidated almost immediately by the second grader.

Danny snorted through his nose as he tried to stare Chloe down. Then suddenly, without warning, the boy--Danny--doubled over in pain as Chloe's fist hit its mark right in the middle of his stomach.

"Read my lips...Leave her alone." Chloe snarled, as the boy fell to his knees clutching his stomach.

Chloe and Paige were very close, as good sisters should be. Chloe always looked out for her little sister, whom she loved very much.

Chloe was usually the sweetest most caring person you'd ever meet or even wanna meet, but she had learned from her father (Gibbs) that sometimes you have to be tough--violence always came as a last resort.

Chloe turned and walked back over to where her sister was. Paige wasn't crying as much as before--at this point it was more hiccuping and sniffling than anything else.

Chloe helped her sister up off of the ground, and then proceeded to brush sand and dirt, etc. off of her sister.

Chloe began to lead her away from the boys and back towards the school building.

"You wanna ride?" Chloe asked, sweetly and softly, with a smile.

Paige nodded, as she wiped another tear from her eyes.

Chloe turned around and stooped down so that Paige could climb onto her back. Paige carefully climbed up onto her sister's back, just as the bell rang to signal the start of classes for the day.

Chloe stood up, and shifted her sister, just ever so slightly, so that the weight on her back would be distributed evenly, and then she trotted off towards the school building with her sister on her back resting her head on her sister's shoulder.

---------------------------------------

Chloe carried Paige into the school building, and straight to the nurses' office.

The nurse, Ms. Prentiss, fixed Paige up quickly with a little bit of Neosporin and a band-aid over the scrape on Paige's knee.

Then Chloe walked Paige to her classroom before she herself, went to class.

---------------------------------------

A few minutes later Chloe walked into her own classroom where Mrs. Crawford was waiting for her.

Chloe took her seat dropping her backpack down beside her.

"Chloe Gibbs." Mrs. Crawford said, as soon as Chloe had taken her seat.

"Yes ma'am?" Chloe responded, quietly.

"Where have you been?" Mrs. Crawford asked. "The bell rang 10 minutes ago."

"Yes ma'am, I know but-" Chloe started to say.

"She was fighting again." one of the other kids in the room interjected.

"Really." Mrs. Crawford said, not really surprised.

Mrs. Crawford rubbed her hand across her forehead, and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry to have to say this, Chloe, but this time I think I need to have a talk with your father instead of your mother." Mrs. Crawford informed her, reluctantly.

"No, you can't." Chloe said, suddenly upset by what her teacher had said.

"I'm afraid I have no other choice." Mrs. Crawford said.

---------------------------------------

2 Hours Later...

Gibbs was walking onto a crime scene, with his team following close behind, that they had been called to earlier that morning.

Gibbs ducked under the crime scene tape that marked off the area behind Bethesda Naval Hospital.

"What've we got?" Gibbs asked the police officer who was waiting for him beside the dumpster behind the hospital.

"Dead Marine, from the looks of it." the officer replied. "That's why we contacted you folks, down at NCIS."

"Well, we appreciate the call." Gibbs replied, taking a big sip of coffee from his coffee cup.

The officer began to explain what little knew about the case so far, when Gibbs' cell phone rang.

Gibbs pulled out his phone and read the caller ID, at first not planning on answering it, but when he saw that the number on the phone was that of the school where his daughters went he answered it right away.

"Sorry, this is important." Gibbs said to the officer as he turned away.

"Gibbs." he said into the phone.

After a few seconds...

"Alright, I'm on my way." Gibbs said, just before hanging up the phone.

"DiNozzo!" Gibbs shouted.

"Yeah Boss?" Tony said, as he looked up from taking crime scene photos.

"Think you three can process the scene without me?" he asked.

"Sure Boss." Tony replied.

"Without screwing it up?" Gibbs added.

"Yeah, sure boss...why?" Tony asked.

"Parent/Teacher conference." Gibbs said.

"I'll meet you three back at NCIS, as soon as I can." Gibbs said, as stuffed his phone back into his pocket, and then turned to leave.

"Screw this up, DiNozzo, and you'll be looking for a new job." Gibbs said, as he ducked under the crime scene tape and headed for the car that he had driven up to the crime scene.

------------To Be Continued in "School Days, Pt. 2"------------
Chapter End Notes:
I hope that you guys enjoy and God Bless!!!!


P.S. Thanks so much for reading my stories, even though I know some of them may seem/or may have seemed a little (I don't know) weird I guess lol.