- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs, Abby, Chloe, Paige, McGee, Cindy, Tony, Ziva, Jimmy, Ducky, Director Leon Vance and his family, Mike Franks, and Ziva's father, Eli, get together for a summer time picnic bonanza...and Tony and Ziva make a startling announcement...
------------"The Big Picnic Surprise"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

Story Background:

Gibbs & Abby-- The couple has been together for nearly nine years now, and they are as happy as can be--although I mean you know they do have moments every every now and then, but its very very rare--Their oldest daughter, Chloe, is 8 1/2 (roughly), and their youngest daughter, Paige, is 5 1/2 (roughly). The two sisters get along great (excellent really).

Tony & Ziva-- Have been together, technically, for nearly 4 1/2 to 5 years. They've had a few 'moments', but they're usually pretty good about working things out. They're not married--not yet anyway but they're definitely thinking about it. They've always thought of Gibbs and Abby's children as their adopted nieces (in a way) and they just love'em to death. Ziva's relationship with her father, Eli, has improved considerably over the last few years--in fact Eli makes trips over into the United States to see his daughter and her boyfriend and the rest of their "NCIS FAMILY" (which he often refers to as part of his family as well) as often as he can between all the work that he has to do with Israeli Intelligence/Mossad.

Director Leon Vance & Family-- It has only been almost a year or so since the death of former NCIS Director Jenny Shepherd, and since Leon took her place at NCIS, and things had been somewhat slow in the beginning, but they were slowly getting better. The rest of the team (Gibbs' team) had begun to accept him and his family as part of their "NCIS FAMILY". He and Gibbs still had their moments of disagreement and dis-functionality, but other than that things were looking good.

Jimmy Palmer-- Jimmy was progressing through his medical school/classes, and what not, very well indeed. Ducky enjoyed having him to work with down in autopsy, and Jimmy always enjoyed any little bit of help or insight that his somewhat comical and eccentric mentor could provide to further assist/help him with his studies.

Ducky-- As always he enjoys working down in autopsy helping his "NCIS COMRADES & FAMILY" to unravel one mystery after another. His mother had passed away about a year or two ago leaving the aging medical examiner all to his own, but Ducky never let it get to him or let it get him down. He had/has held on to his mother's precious Corgis and has taken very good care of them. To him his "Associates/Teammates" at NCIS are his "FAMILY", and he delights in being sort of a doting adopted grandfather to Gibbs and Abby's two young daughters, Chloe and Paige.

McGee & Cindy-- Have been together for nearly 2, 3, or 4 years (somewhere around there), and are happy with each other. They have recently been discussing the possibilities of moving in together (even though Cindy isn't/hasn't ever really been comfortable with co-habitation before marriage, and McGee understands that), but its just one of those things where one just has to wait and see what happens, or what plays out.

Mike Franks-- Still lives in Mexico, with his deceased son's lover/almost fiance/almost wife, and her son--his grandson--and he enjoys it. He finds time every now and then to fly up from Mexico to visit his favorite "Probie" and the rest of the gang. To Gibbs and Abby's two young daughters Mike is sort of like an adopted Uncle, and that is just how they like it and just how he likes it.

Eli David-- Despite all of the work he is/was involved with w/ Israeli Intelligence/Mossad, Eli David also found time to spend with his daughter, Ziva, and her boyfriend in the United States of America and their "Extended NCIS FAMILY" (which he also referred to from time to time as being part of his "Extended" family as well). He and Ziva had managed to patch things up, somewhat, between the two of them and now they were getting along like a father and daughter should (well sort of anyway). Eli David also, the NCIS team (as well as others) having found out (kind of/sort of the hard way one might say) that he did, indeed, have a fun-natured side (he had/has a bit of prankster in him), had also developed a side business that, to him, was fun and enjoyable. He made fireworks and sparklers, and that kind of stuff, that were fun and safe for (the) whole family(families) to enjoy; and it turned out to be a pretty good business at that. When he did make a trip over to the United States to see Ziva and Tony, he always delighted in seeing everyone else as well, especially the children. He usually did have the good fortune of being able to spend time with Gibbs and Abby's children, and also sometimes their friends Jenny and Britney--and he would always make sure to bring some goodies and such for the little ones to enjoy.

---------------------------------------

In a Park somewhere in Washington D.C. the gang and friends is gathered around two picnic tables side-by-side in arrangement. They are busy conversing with one another.

"Hey, quit shoving McGee you'll get your turn." Tony snapped, as he felt someone shove him forward, slightly, from behind.

"It wasn't me Tony." McGee insisted, in an irritated tone.

Everyone stood in a single-file style line waiting to fix their plates so that they could eat.

Together the gang had managed to bring together quite a nice spread one could easily say.

It took a few minutes but everyone finally had a plate and was seated and enjoying their meal(s) in peaceful relaxation on blankets spread out in front of the picnic tables.

---------------------------------------

Later that Afternoon...

Tony and Ziva had just announced that they were expecting their own little bundle of joy, and everyone was extremely excited and happy for them.

"Gotta say, I never saw that one coming." Vance commented with a smile, to Gibbs.

"My thoughts exactly, Leon." Gibbs replied, with a grin.

"You know what...this calls for a celebration." Eli exclaimed as he reached into a paper sack that he had brought with him.

The sun was setting on the horizon, and the lighting was perfect for what he had in mind.

From the paper sack Eli withdrew a small, colorfully wrapped object with a short string hanging from it.

He sat the object on the ground a few feet away, and pulled a lighter from his pocket, and then he lit what turned out to be a fuse.

After doing so he rushed Vance's children, and Paige and Chloe back out of the way as the object shot upwards into the sky where it exploded into dozens of sparkling lights and sounds that showered back down towards the earth.

The colorful displays of Eli's fireworks captivated the children who spent the rest of the evening (with their parents supervision of course) playing with Eli and his fireworks and having a good time.

In the background Ziva stood with Tony, laughing at her father acting like a child and having a good time with the children.





......This Chapter Is Not Yet Finished......

------------To Be Continued in "Paige's Dilemma, Pt. 1"------------
Chapter End Notes:
This is Chapter 4 of my series "Sisters Forever". Enjoy and God Bless!!!!!!!