- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Short one =)Dunno if I should continue it. Should I?
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony leaves Kate a 'little' email (:
Caitlin Todd walked into the bullpen, put her things down on her desk and switched on her computer whilst sitting in her chair. She looked around. No-one was in yet, so she decided to check her email. '1 Unread Email' flashed on her screen. She clicked the white box and saw 'Anthony DiNozzo'. She rolled her eyes.
“So what sexist joke has Tony found this time?” She asked herself. She clicked on the email and began to read it.

Kate,
I'm not going to babble on or anything I just need to tell you and I cant bring myself to do it in front of you. I just loose my focus. So, I'm just going to do it with lyrics from a song I think you know to well :).

'I've never written a love song that didn't end in tears. Maybe you'll rewrite my love song if you can replace my fears. I need your patience and guidance and all your lovin' and more. When thunder rolls through my life, will you be able to weather the storm? There's so much I would give ya baby, if I'd only let myself. There's this well of emotions I feel I must protect. But what's the point of this armor if it keeps the love away too?'

I know it's a bit long but it's the only way I could tell my Katie how I feel. You're too beautiful for me to tell you face to face. Ever since I saw you on Air Force One when you were in the Secret Service, I've had feelings for you. But I've been trying to forget about them. With Gibbs' rule 12 I thought it would be impossible for us to be together. Well that and the fact I don't think you like me much.
Tony.


Kate smiled and hit 'reply' she began typing away for what seemed like hours. When she was done she began to get up and head for Abby's lab to see if she was in yet. She rushed off towards the elevator but was met by a grinning Tony DiNozzo bumping into her.
“Hey Kate!” He said with his usual 'DiNozzo grin'. She looked up at him and just stared. “Something wrong?” She smiled back at him.
“Nope, everything's perfect, just going to see Abby” She says attempting to walk into the elevator. Tony holds his arm in front of her so she can't get passed.
“I don't think so, she isn't in yet”
“Oh”
“Check your emails yet?” He asked anxiously.
“As a matter of fact I have”
“And?”
“And... check your emails” She said with a smirk. He headed for his computer and booted it up. Kate followed and sat back down at her desk. Tony looked at his screen '13 Unread Emails' He clicked the flashing box. He scrolled down seeing numerous girls' names, but could spot Kate's in them all. He clicked the email.


Tony,
Had to pick Love song eh? Haha I didn't know you knew my favorite singer was Pink! Stalker :P. I didn't know 'Mr.1 girl an hour' could be so.. I don't know. You just blew me away. It was the perfect thing to make my day! You're not gonna believe this but I actually had feelings for you when I met you! But they soon faded, I thought you wouldn't feel the same way. It didn't look like you could keep one girl for more than a night out and I didn't want to try something with you if it wasn't gonna last. It would make things difficult for us. But seeing that email brought all the feelings I had for you, back. I'll give it a shot if you're sure it could go somewhere. I don't wanna make things awkward for us if it didn't work out.
Kate xx


A grin merged on his face like someone stuck a clothes hanger in there. He hit 'reply' and quickly started typing. A ding was heard coming from Kate's computer when he'd done. She opened the email.

Of course I think it would go somewhere. I've been thinking of asking you out for months now! I even had to ask Abby if she thought it was a good idea. I haven't said this to anyone before but Kate, I love you.

She gasped and let out a loud “AWWWWW!” just as Gibbs walked in with his morning coffee. He raised an eyebrow at her and shook his head.
“I'm not even gonna ask” he stated. She hit reply and began typing again.

Damn, I was gonna come over and hug you there but Gibbs came in. He'd be a bit freaked out if I did that. He'd claim I've been around Abby too long. Come to the elevator. ;)

She pressed 'Send' and made her way to the elevator. “Going to see if Abby's in yet” Soon after, Tony followed her into the elevator. When he was in he pressed the button that would take them to Abby's lab but hit the 'Emergency Stop' half way down. He turned to face Kate and intently gazed into her eyes.
“I've never been able to say this to your face before but, I love you Kate” She grinned at his last sentence and threw her arms around his neck and kissed him like she'd never kissed any other man before. They broke apart gasping for air. “Wow Kate, you're really good at that”
“Thanks, I think” She laughed and she hit the 'Emergency Stop' button to continue the journey to Abby's lab.

When the doors opened Tony put his arm around Kate's waist and pulled her close. She looked up at him as he kissed her forehead. He smiled down at her and she returned it. They walked into Abby's lab still staring into each others eyes. Abby spun around in her chair.
“Hey Gu-” She gasped. “Aww! How cute!” Tony and Kate looked at her with a smile. Abby quickly grabbed her phone and took a quick 'snap'. “That's going on your Christmas cards!”
“Don't tell McGee, Gibbs or Ducky” Kate stated.
“Not even Palmer” Tony warned. “You know what Gibbs is like with his Rule 12 'Never date a co-worker' I don't see the problem” He said, kissing Kate again.
Chapter End Notes:
Short one =)Dunno if I should continue it. Should I?