- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony and Ziva put one of their plans into action.
Skating Around the Issue

Disclaimer: I do not own NCIS; it is the property of its respective creators. I do however own Joshua Adams, Sari Goodman, Markus Goodman, Kyle Adams, and Kendal Levine.

Abby Scioto was acting strange. This was nothing new, seeing as Abby dressed in black and wore skulls to work, and she slept in a coffin, but she was acting a different kind of strange. The kind of strange indicating she knew a secret and this was worrying Tony and Ziva, who were convinced Abby had figured out they were together.

Abby had been attempting to catch their attention all week, yet so far they had not had a free moment yet for her to try. The case they had been working on had thrown them all for a loop. A marine named Joshua Adams and his Israeli fiancé, Sari Goodman had been murdered, and there had been no end to the suspects.

The first of the main three suspects had been Joshua’s father, Kyle Adams, who had made it well known that he hated Israelis, which made his son’s upcoming marriage problematic, and who had been heard arguing with him two days before his death.

The second suspect had been Sari’s former Jewish boyfriend Kendal Levine. He had been making threatening phone calls to her and Joshua, telling them that if they went thorough with the marriage, things would not end well for them.

Last but not least, Sari’s brother, Markus. Markus had a history of violence against non- Israelis, and had been seen at the crime scene shortly before the gunshots were fired. The only problem was that Markus had an alibi.


There had also been the problem of Kyle Adams refusing to be interviewed by Ziva, or for that matter, let Ziva have anything to do with the case. Gibbs had a long “talk” with him, in which afterward he apologized to Ziva, [under threat of only who knows what] and was ruled out as a suspect, because his prints didn’t match the weapon.

Kendal was ruled out because he had been at the Temple at the time of the crime, praying for his ex-girlfriends soul. This was backed up by thirty witnesses.

Markus was dragged into interrogation, with Ziva as his interrogator. After the exchanging of words, he finally confessed to killing his sister and her fiancé for shaming the family name.

The case had been extremely hard for Ziva and Tony. It had been hard for Ziva because it made the fear she had that Tony would be hurt by someone looking to get back at her whether it be because of her being Israeli, her position in Mossad, or some of the things she had done that had gained her enemies much too real.

Tony found it hard to deal with because he couldn’t believe someone would want to keep two people who loved each other apart because of their different nationalities and religions. It made the fear of him losing Ziva to her father, Mossad, Gibbs’ rules, or some other fool, hit to close to home.

After another long debate over when to tell the team, they decided to invite them out to dinner, so there would be people around if things went bad, in one week’s time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ One Week Later: Afternoon

Today was the day Ziva was going to resign her status as Lesion Officer to her Father and apply as a full fledged NCIS agent. She had had enough procrastinating and worrying, it was time for action.

She had brought Tony along [despite his protests] to the Israeli Embassy to show her Father just how serious their relationship was. They would be communicating via a private broadcast. Once the technician set it up, he would leave, Tony and Ziva, alone to talk face to face [or close to it] with her Father.

Currently Ziva was talking rabidly in Hebrew to her Father. Seeing Tony’s confused face, she switched to English.

“Abba, I would like you to meet Tony,” Ziva began.
Eli David was a smart man, and very cunning, he had to have been to make it this far. He had realized something was up with his daughter months ago. Now he knew just what that something was, Tony DiNozzo, who was loyal, street smart, and a jokester according to his file.

Ziva took a deep breath to fill her lungs with oxygen, hoping it would bring her the courage she needed.

“Director David, I am handing in my badge. I am officially asking to transfer from Mossad to full fledged NCIS Agent.” Ziva spoke these life altering words with a lot more courage then she felt.

“What is your reason, Officer?” Eli David stated raising an eyebrow, perfectly calm. Inside his mind it was a different story. He had seen the difference in his daughter, his only living child, these last few months. He knew that if Ziva was willing to risk losing her only remaining family, if they could still be called that, willing to open her heart to someone, and stand up to him to stay with that person, he would not get in her way. He had failed his other two children to their graves; he was not going to pass up the last chance he had to make things right with Ziva.

“My reason, Director, is that I no longer feel that I am best suited to be a Mossad Officer, and would make a bigger difference with NCIS.” Ziva calmly responded.

“Agent DiNozzo, do you love my daughter?” Eli asked. The looks on their faces made him laugh.

“I am not blind, Ziva. I can see you are together, I recognize the look in your eyes, because I once knew it myself.” Eli David sighed, bittersweet memories rising to the surface of his mind, memories long buried.

“Yes, sir, I love your daughter, or to be more in depth, I am in love with your daughter.
I love the way she listens, I love the fact she understands me, I love her for being her, and for putting up with me,” Tony truthfully answered.

He and Ziva held their breaths, waiting to hear the verdict. Finally, after what felt like the worlds slowest seconds, Eli David, Director of Mossad, father to Ziva David, smiled.

“Your papers will be signed and on your Director’s desk by morning. Good Luck, Ziva, my beloved. Take care of each other, Shalom.” Eli David said his tone light and happy.

“Shalom Abba,” Ziva whispered, overcome with emotion. As the screen went blank, the couple turned toward each other, and kissed in joy and delight.

As they came up for air smiling at each other, something Director David had said planted itself in the front of their minds.

“Did he say tomorrow?” Tony asked looking dumbstruck. Silently, Ziva nodded. Each looked at the other and said three words.

“What about Gibbs?” They both yelled.
Valerie Portolano
June 4, 2009
Chapter End Notes:
Author’s Note: This story is now officially A.U. because of the end of season six, mainly Semper Fidelis, and Aliyah.

Note: Abba, means Father in Israeli.

The author thanks Satan-Wears-Prada for her insight and beta work, you rock!