- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate discovers that love works in strange ways.
Aphrodesiac
Chapter 2
Confusion

When Kate stepped off the elevator the next morning, she was attacked by an incredibly emotional Abby. "Kate! You're okay! I was so worried, and Gibbs never called me back to say if he'd found you or not, we're having a girl's night tonight, no complaints. I am not letting you out of my sight, and you are most certainly never going back to that..."
Kate clapped a hand over Abby's mouth. "Don't say it, Abbs." she cautioned. "I'm not planning on going back, but I don't need the whole office finding out about what happened last night." Kate's voice was weary.
Abby bounced up and down, waiting for Kate to move her hand. "Okay, but we're still going out tonight."
Kate laughed. "I'm fine with that. In fact, since it's a Friday, why don't we hang out all weekend? An adult version of a slumber party. Facials, flirting, grooming, and fun."
Abby grinned. "Great! I've got to get back to the lab, but I'll be up here as soon as the shifts over so we can go." the young woman raced back to her lab, clearly hyped up on caffine, worry, and relief. Kate smiled softly after the retreating figure. What would she do without Abby? Without any of the people she worked with? Ducky and his hilarious monologues, Tony with his jokes and hidden sensitivity, Abby and her, well, Abbyness, and last but not least, her boss, the albino tiger. She stifled a laugh. What a name, it fit though. She walked over to her desk, getting to work and counting the minutes until she would be pampering herself.

*****

"You're spending the whole weekend together?" demanded Tony, fascinated. "An adult sleepover?"
Kate rolled her eyes. "It will be nothing like your sorority house fantasies, Tony. We're just going to get facials and manicures and crap like that. There will be no nudity, no skinny dipping, or, god-forbid, boy-sharing on our weekend." she continued to pack up to leave, double-checking her report as she did. "And no, you can't come with us." Tony pouted as Gibbs strode into the squad-room.
"Kate, with me." She shouldered her purse and slid dropped her report on his desk as she hurried after him. They got into the elevator and Gibbs hit the stop button. He turned to her. "I'm going to be checking up on you for a while. Or having Abby do it. I expect you to pick up the phone when I call, and if you don't, I'll come and find you. Check-in will be random, and it won't stop until I'm sure you're not planning on shipping yourself back to that whore-house. Are we clear?"
"Crystal. There won't be any check-in necasary this weekend, I'll be with Abby until Monday. She's decided to keep me company until she's sure of the same things you are."
Gibbs nodded, satisfied. "I'll still check in, but that's good." he checked his watch. "It's a quarter til, you girls can leave early. I won't need you any more today, and I'll make sure people can do without Abby. Have fun, take care of yourself." he flicked the switch again and the lights went back on, the elevator shuddering down to the lab. The two coworkers got out, and Gibbs went to autopsy while Kate went to pick up Abby.
"Abbs!" she called over the rockin' music. Abby spun the dial, bringing the volume down. "Gibbs is letting us go early, are you ready to go?" Abby grinned excitedly.
"Just give me a second, I'll grab my stuff." she raced to her office and was back almost instantly, carrying a ragged black bag. "Where are we going?"

*****

The two women reclined in the massage chairs as the green mud covering their faces worked it's magic. Women and men surrounded them, preening, grooming, pampering. Kate sighed contentedly and Abby made a little sound of agreement. "Mmm. This is great." said Kate. "We've got about fifteen more minutes 'til we're done. What do we want to do next?"
Abby considered for a moment, then her face split into a wicked smile. "I have THE most brilliant idea." she replied smugly.
"Does it involve nuns?" asked Kate jokingly.
"Oh, absolutely not!" exclaimed Abby. "The nuns would totally disapprove of my idea, not that it really matters." she pressed her back into the massage chair momentarily. "Ooh, that's nice. Okay. Kate, honey, have you ever considered getting a tattoo?"
Kate stared at Abby. "Only every day of college." she laughed. "But I decided against it when I joined the Secret Service. You can't be unoobtrusive with a gorgeous tattoo."
Abby smile widened. "Well, you're not with the Secret Service anymore, and here at NCIS, we pride ourselves on our ability to attract the opposite sex. Every agent I've ever met is either learning how to be seductive, or already knows. They all say it's the best way to get in with your targets while undercover. What do you say?"
Kate bit her lip, thinking, then she grinned. "I'm in." she declared.

*****

Kate and Abby walked down the sidewalk of Manhatten, giggling. Kate felt a sexiness from her new tat that was very foreign to her. The two women were wandering through Madison Avenue, peering into window fronts, looking for a good place to play around with the clothes. Suddenly, Abby grabbed Kate's arm, pointing into a window that held the most random assortment of clothes, from evening gowns, to bikinis, to lingerie, to jeans and T's. They hurried in and began grabbing clothes off the racks to try on. Kate turned to Abby. "This is a weekend out. We are going to buy the sexiest, most heartbreakingly gorgeous things to wear, and we're going to enjoy them!"
Abby laughed. "Let's give each other make-overs. I'll pick out stuff for you and you pick out stuff for me, the deal being that we have to wear those outfits this weekend, no matter what. We're going to be wild."
"Deal!" replied Kate, throwing caution to the wind. "Same goes for jewelery and hair?"
"Of course!" Abby glanced to her right and grabbed a dress off of the rack next to her. "Here's your first try on." she declared. Kate stared at the garment, a deep blue, backless, tie-neck, clinging affair. She turned her horrified gaze to Abby.
"Please god no." she said desparately.
Abby shook her head. "A deal's a deal Kate. Go try it." Kate pursed her lips and slinked off to the dressing room to try on the dress, trailed by a laughing Abby. Kate closed the small door behind her and stripped down to her bra and matching panties. She raised the dress over her head and let it slide down her body. She hand to admit, the silk felt reeeally good against her skin. She settled the hem along her thighs and stepped out of the little room. Abby gaped at her friend. "You look amazing!" she cried. Kate smiled shyly and turned to look in the mirror, then gasped. The woman looking back at her was beautiful. She'd only ever considered herself pretty, maybe her conservative dressing habits were holding back her potential. The silky fabric clung to every curve as it waterfalled down her body, shimmering when the light hit it.
She stroked the fabric. "Wow." she whispered.
Abby's glowing smile greeted her in the glass. "It's perfect."

*****

They left the shop, each carrying a shopping bag on their arm. They'd each bought a dress, two daytime outfits, and a swimsuit. Abby's dress was a deep red, almost black, as short as Kate's, and cama with matching garnet coloured stilettoes. Kate had bought matching stilettoes also. The both had a pair of hip-hugger jeans and two tops to go with them. Each had a near-see through peasant blouse with a hem that landed just under their bralines, and a skin-tight top with various designs and colours. Abby's bikini matched her dress in colour and stood out against her pale skin, and Kate's was brown with golden trims. Kate stoppedc in the middle of the sidewalk and spun in a circle, flinging out her arms. "Manhatten, Abby! We're in Manhatten! And we've got everything we need to hang out at a nightclub until dawn, then at a pool tomorrow and Sunday during the day, dinner and dancing at night!" laughter bubbled from her lips. "Ugh, this has to be the best weekend ever!"
"Katie, you're never going to want to go back to that hell hole again. Whenever you need something, just call me and we'll have a party!" cried Abby. "I know this really amazing club a few blocks from here, wanna try?"
"Totally. Where can we change?"
Abby grinned wickedly. "On the dance floor, it's not like anyone would mind a couple of hot women stripping. They might protest when we start putting our clothes back on though." she added thoughtfully. Kate laughed and followed Abby to her club.

*****

Kate and Abby were taking a break from dancing, standing at the bar, sipping the drinks that some young men had paid for. Kate stood with one arm folded across her stomach and supporting the elbow of the other arm, which was holding her drink. The pulsing music thrummed through their bones, club lighting enhancing the effects of alcohol and heat. Abby set down her glass, pulling Kate back onto the dance floor by the arm. The two women moved with the music, staying close together so they wouldn't lose track of each other, not to mention the floor was so packed that there wasn't much room to move. Suddenly, someone pushed past Abby, shoving her into Kate. Kate caught her friend around the waist, pulling her out of harm's way, but after the danger of being trampled had passed, they still stayed close together, Abby's back pressed against Kate's chest, Kate's arms around Abby's waist, Abby's hands covering them. As they swayed together, Kate felt her stomach twisting the way it always did around Gibbs. Her breath caught a little, as her brain registered the attraction. She froze. Was it really possible that she was attracted to her best friend? That she wanted them to be something more? There could not be any two people more different from each other than Jethro Gibbs and Abby Sciuto. Plus, Kate had never been attracted to a woman before, it wasn't her style. But with the way their bodies felt, moving together, she didn't really care. This weekend was for experimentation, wasn't it?

*****

Abby felt herself falling as someone bumped into her. Warm, soft arms caught her, and pulled her to safety. Her body was pressed up against Kate's, forcing her to control her body's trembling. She'd hidden her ever growing attraction to the female Special Agent for a long time, but the last night's fear had made it difficult to keep herself from throwing herself at Kate. Gibbs' rule number 12 had nothing to do with it, Abby wasn't an agent, but Kate was a good Catholic girl. She would hate Abby for ruining their friendship with something that was against her religion anyway. Slowly, she realized that even though she was no longer being pushed around, Kate hadn't let go of her, but the muscles in the arms around Abby's waist were tense. Then they relaxed. Abby was a little confused by the change, then she gasped as a set of soft lips pressed into the crook of her neck. One arm flew back to twine behind Kate's neck, pulling herself closer. Kate's low laugh sounded in her ear. "You don't mind, do you?" the voice asked softly.
"No." breathed Abby. "I don't." Kate settled her hands on Abby's hips, pulling them back against her own. Her lips moved to the skin just behind Abby's ear, and Abby found herself sighing Kate's name. Kate chuckled softly. "Tony would have a fit if he could see us right now." she whispered against Abby's skin. "How would you feel about slipping out for a little?"
Abby nodded mutely, and Kate led her off the dance floor and over to a wall where several couples were enjoying themselves immensely. Kate and Abby joined them, Kate pushing Abby up against the wall, kissing her full on the lips, deepening the kiss and angling her tongue so that she could explore the taste of Abby's mouth. Abby moaned and slid her hands deep into Kate's hair, tangling her fingers in the thick brunette locks, dragging herself closer. Kate's fingertips dug into Abby's hips before she pulled back. She ran her fingers through Abby's hair, brushing it back. "Interesting." she breathed huskily. "I don't know a man on this earth who can kiss like that, honey."
Abby smiled, her eyes clouded with desire. "I do try so hard, love." she murmured back, voice taking on a bedroom tone. Kate reached behind her head, disentangling Abby's hands from her hair and stepping back. She put a hand to Abby's cheek. "I'm new at this idea, Abbs." she said, just loud enough to hear over the music. "That was one hell of a kiss, but I'm not sure I'm ready to do it again."
Abby slid her hands up Kate's body, past her stomach, lingering on her breasts, and slipping over her shoulders. "I'll wait 'til you are, and when you know for sure, I'll be nearby." She smiled, letting go and sauntering back to the dance floor. Kate stared after her, running her fingers through her hair. Was it possible to be in love with two people, different from each other in every way, at the exact same time?
Chapter End Notes:
Please read and review.