- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/ Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
Chapter seven

Dinner had turned out to be a lively affair. Tony entertained Gibbs with stories from his college years. His laughter had filled the kitchen, bringing much needed life into the house. Gibbs smiled inwardly, enjoying every minute of it.

He let Tony’s words wash over him as his mind wandered to how they were going to solve the hurdles their relationship inevitably would face. His face darkened as he thought about the fact that they had to hide. Rubbing his hand over the back of his head, Gibbs wondered whether to tell Ducky. And Abby. McGee? He didn’t question his loyalty, but secrets could be a burden, a liability. It wasn’t like he usually blabbered about his private life at the office, anyway, but having to keep this quiet annoyed him. Tony was worth talking about, worth sharing with his friends. Their friends. Gibbs paused at that. At least Tony understood all too well the demands the job put on him, on them both.

Sighing, he played with his fork, pushing the remains of his pork chops around on his plate.

Gibbs realized Tony had stopped talking and was looking at him curiously.

“Am I doing a Ducky?”

“A Ducky, what..?” He smiled as he realized what Tony meant. “No, you’re not. My mind just wandered, that’s all.”

“Where to?” Tony’s tone was light, but weary eyes revealed his true feelings.

“I want to tell Ducky and Abby about us,” Gibbs explained. “Was just wondering about McGee. As much as I want to share this with our friends, I don’t want to askew the dynamics of the team.” He paused, thinking a bit. “Or place an unwanted burden on him. We’re violating all kinds of rules here, Tony. I don’t know if I can ask that of McGee.”

Tony looked at him in amazement.

“You want to come out? Tell them, about…us?”

“I do.”

Tony hesitated. “Now? Hell, already? I was kinda hoping for some time to work this out on our own, Jethro.”

“I’ll wait till you’re ready, Tony, but I’m not gonna keep this a secret.” He took a swig of his beer. “We will have to keep it out of the office, but there’s no way I’m hiding at home. I don’t want to look over my shoulder, or keep you at arm’s length, just cause someone’s here.”

“Probie might suspect something,” Tony began, as he got up from the table. He walked into the hall, only to return a few moments later, carrying a couple of crumpled sheets of paper. “I found this is his waste basket,” he laughed. “I don’t know if it’s payback for posting his profile at an online dating service, or if he’s really caught on to how I feel.”

Gibbs snatched the pages out of Tony’s hands and began reading.

Finishing the short paragraphs, he threw the pages down on the table. “How bad was this profile you made?”

“Hey, he got three dates out of it, not to mention a…” Tony protested.

“Don’t wanna know,” Gibbs interjected, spearing a piece of carrot with his fork.

“He doesn’t sound too shocked,” he admitted. “Maybe we’ll tell him eventually, a bit down the line.”

“So, we’re doing this?” Tony smiled, as the full impact of the conversation hit him.

“This being?” Gibbs had a mischievous glean in his eyes.

“You and me.” Tony took a swig of his beer, licking his bottom lip slowly as he looked Gibbs in the eyes. He could see the older man’s attention was glued to his mouth as he nodded in reply.

“Hungry for dessert?”

“I can…eat,” Gibbs said slowly.

Tony pushed his chair back and got up. “You coming?”

Gibbs followed him into the living room. “We’re having dessert in here?” He looked at the couch, wondering if there was enough room for them both.

“Sit down.” Tony was dimming the lights, shedding his clothes as he went.

Gibbs moved to get undressed, but Tony shook his head. “Leave that for me, Jethro.”

Sitting down, Gibbs watched as Tony walked towards him, muscles playing under smooth skin as he moved. He felt himself grow hard, and shifted around on the couch to get comfortable. Tony pulled a pillow off a nearby chair, placing it on the floor in front of Gibbs. He had to spread his legs a bit to give him some room, as Tony ran his hands up his legs. Nimble fingers unbuttoned his jeans and yanked them off, along with his boxers. The older man watched as Tony eased his fingers under Gibbs’ shirt, enjoying the feel of strong hands against his bare skin.

Gibbs leaned back, resting his head against the back of the couch. He closed his eyes; unable to keep them open any longer. The last thing he saw was Tony’s mouth closing over the head of his cock, enveloping him in a moist heat that had him moaning with pleasure. He could feel himself grow impossibly hard as Tony slowly twisted his hand around Gibbs’ shaft, firm strokes that sent waves of pleasure through his body.

”More,” Gibbs groaned, “I need more…”

Gibbs spread his legs even more, thrusting into that moist heat, hips moving faster as he neared his orgasm.

Green eyes sparkled as they met his. “Not yet,” Tony warned, before releasing him.

He sat up and cupped Tony’s face in his hands, kissing him hungrily. He pushed Tony down onto the rug, and sat back, just drinking in the sight of him. Straddling the young Italian, Gibbs bent down and sucked one nipple at a time into his mouth, each sigh and groan bringing him nearer the edge.

“Tony…I want you to fuck me…I want…”

Tony opened eyes burning with pent-up desire, reaching down and curled long fingers around Gibbs’ leaking cock, jacking him slowly.

“You want me inside you? Sliding my cock deep into your ass, feeling me fill you completely….?” Tony sat up, held Gibbs close as he slowly moved his hips, rubbing his cock against the other man’s.

Momentarily giving in to the sensations flooding his body and mind, Gibbs remained frozen in place, unable to move away from the firm, muscular body plastered against his own.

Gibbs pulled back enough to look Tony in the eyes, knowing the lust and mirth he saw there was reflected in his own. Being with Tony was deeply erotic, but also a whole lot of fun. Gibbs found himself happier than he’d been in years. Another sensuous twist of Tony’s hips brought him out of his reveries. His mouth closed down on Tony’s; he needed to taste, not only feel.

“We need something slick…” he gasped, breaking away from those delectable lips. “Ya got anything?”

“I’ve learned from the best, Jethro,” Tony chuckled, “I come prepared.” Tony reached past Gibbs, grabbing a small packet of lube he’d placed on the side table. His body was sliding against the other man’s, making Gibbs smile as he watched Tony’s hungry expression.

“Lie down,” Tony said, his dropping an octave as he pushed gently at his lover.

“I’ll do it…” Tony opened the packet and squeezed a generous amount onto his fingers. He circled his fingers around Gibbs’ tight opening before he slowly pushed one digit inside. The finger set off sparks of pleasure in Gibbs as he let the other man take control. Closing his eyes, he was totally focused on Tony and what he was doing. Another finger entered him, as Tony slowly stretched him. He shuddered at the thought of having Tony’s cock deep inside him.

Quiet moans escaped Tony as Gibbs slowly rocked back and forth. He leaned down and licked the underside of Gibbs leaking cock, tasting the slightly bitter fluid. A sudden cry escaped Gibbs as Tony sucked hard, nearly swallowing him down.

“Tony…”

“You ready?”

“Ya can’t tell?” Gibbs grinned, “C’mere.” He pulled Tony down, kissing him fiercely, “I need you…”

Gibbs squeezed the remainder of the lube into his hand and slicked Tony up, lightly pinching his dick, to bring him back from the brink a bit.

“Aaah…” Tony gasped, as slightly calloused hands caressed him. He kissed Gibbs before moving down between his legs. Tony slid in slowly, allowing Gibbs time to adjust. He forced his body to relax, riding out that initial burn. It was a long time since he’d let anyone in like this, physically as well as mentally.

Tony slid in slowly until he was bottomed out, buried deep inside Gibbs. Tony’s hands were strong and warm as they ran up and down his thighs, soothing and arousing at the same time. Pulling back and sliding back in, each thrust Tony made eliciting a drawn out moan from Gibbs. Waves of pleasure rippled through the older man’s body each time Tony buried his cock inside him.

“Close, Tony, getting close,” he hissed. Gibbs reached for his rock hard cock, fingers curling around the leaking shaft.

Gibbs gasped, his hips meeting Tony’s again and again, their movements growing more erratic as they picked up the pace. Suddenly Tony’s body grew rigid, his head tipped back as he cried out, his cock pulsating inside Gibbs as he came. Pulling out quickly, Tony closed his mouth over Gibbs’ cock, sucking hard as long fingers stroked his shaft. It was all it took. Gibbs had barely time to grunt a warning before he erupted into Tony’s mouth. The feeling was so intense he nearly blacked out, needing a few moments to let the erotic fog lift. Realizing the floor wasn’t the most comfortable place, now when their bodies were sated, the two men moved to lie down on the couch, snuggling close as they drifted off.

******

McGee ran quickly towards the darkened house, drawing his weapon as he approached the front door. Everything was quiet inside, he could hear some faint rustling, but couldn’t place the origin of the sound.

A thought flashed through his head and he felt a hysterical laughter threatening to bubble up. What if Gibbs and Tony were at it like bunnies? He quickly suppressed the idea, there were more pressing matters at hand. Stopping right outside the partly open entrance, he tried to assess the situation. There was still no sound to be heard. The room inside was dimly lit, a small lamp on a hall table cast a warm glow across the hall towards the living room. McGee tried to think, to picture the layout of Gibbs’ house in his mind. He hadn’t really been over that many times, mostly to drop something off, and invariably finding Gibbs ensconced in his basement, diligently laboring away on his boat.

McGee pushed the door open, relieved to find it didn’t make a sound. Trust Gibbs to keep his house in perfect order, he thought. Entering the house, he quickly established that the first floor was empty. Looking at the stairs leading to the second floor, he drew a deep breath and walked upstairs as quietly as he could. The hall was lit by a single lamp at the far end. Crouching slightly, McGee kept to one side, trying to stay out of view from the bedroom.

At the end of the hall he paused, trying to listen for any sounds emanating from the darkened room. He could hear someone moving around in there. Bracing himself, he slowly pushed the door open. A sudden burst of activity erupted, just as McGee was able to look into his boss’ bedroom. The scene before him made his blood run cold.

******
Abby fumbled with her phone as she got out of McGee’s car. Her hands were shaking so badly she dropped it on the road, watching in horror as it skidded under the car.

“Nononononono,” she wailed, dropping to her knees, frantically searching for the missing phone. Her hands clutched around a cool metal object and she pulled it out, only to find her battery was missing. Tears were slowly trickling down her cheeks as she kneeled by the car.

It was too late. They were all inside now. There was nothing she could do. She couldn’t even go inside to make sure they were okay, not yet. She knew enough about situations like these to stay away. Another person in the mix could inflame the situation further, making it even more dangerous.

She wiped the tears off her face and looked towards the house, wondering what was unfolding inside. Getting up, she noticed the light blue car parked further down the road. A sudden anger bubbled up inside her. Determined, she rooted through the glove compartment in McGee’s car until she found what she needed.

Running as quickly as her platform boots would take her, she made her way over to the car. The growing fury inside her finally spilled over.

Removing a long bladed knife from her pocket, she plunged it into the nearest tire.

“This is for coming after Bossman, you sick bitch!” she cried, kicking the tire for good measure.

The forensic scientist walked around to the other side of the car; “This is for hurting Tony’s baby!” She slashed the tire one more time, for good measure. “And this is for making me do this,” she hissed.

She noticed the car doors were open, and she reached inside and popped the hood. Yanking out any wires she could get her hands on, she slumped down on the road, suddenly drained.

“Try getting anywhere now, you stupid cow.” Slowly thumping her head against the car, her eyes never left the house, as she prayed her friends would be okay.

******
Later, Gibbs couldn’t say for sure what had awoken him. It might have been a noise, or the added light from the hall. Maybe it was his Marine instincts, telling him there was an imminent danger. He opened his eyes carefully, trying not to give away the fact that he was awake, somehow wanting to assess the situation first.

Marie was leaning over their bed, on the opposite side, her breathing shallow and rapid. A quick flash of metal in her hand had his full attention. Tony was wide awake, lying perfectly still as Marie pressed a knife against his throat. His eyes sought Gibbs’. He seemed calm, but Gibbs could see a faint sheen of sweat on his forehead.

“I thought you loved me, Jethro,” she whispered, her voice barely audible over his own harsh breathing. He slipped out from under the covers, and stood by the bed, facing her as he tried to figure out how to handle this.

“I’m sorry, Marie,” he began.

“Don’t say you’re fucking sorry,” she screamed, her hands shaking as she yelled at him. Gibbs could see a trail of blood slowly making its way down Tony’s neck, crimson drops coloring the pillow underneath his head.

“Don’t,” he said, trying to remain calm. “Tony’s got nothing to do with what I did, Marie.”

“He’s got fucking EVERYTHING to do with what you did,” she shrieked. “I loved you,” she wailed, “and you just used me.”

“I didn’t know, Marie. I thought I loved you…I tried to love you…” he trailed off, struggling hard to find the right words. “I was consumed by grief, and did the only thing I thought could help. I tried to make a fresh start, tried to find love again.” Gibbs had no idea where he found the ability to form coherent sentences. He couldn’t lose another one, just couldn’t.

“I trusted you, for god’s sake. I gave you all I had, Jethro. My love, my life. And you just betrayed my trust, made me doubt my self worth.” Her voice rose again. She was using her free hand to underline her points, and Gibbs could see the knife digging into Tony.

“I haven’t been able to trust someone since, did you know that? Another two failed marriages. How could I ever believe they loved me when you didn’t? When we met you made me feel like I was all that mattered. And then you were gone. Gone! Always working, never home. And if you did come home, you were here, but not in your mind. You left me, long before I left you, Jethro.” She was crying now, tears streaming down her face as she spoke.

“Why should you have love when you’ve ruined my chances of ever finding love again?” she sobbed.

Out of the corner of his eye he registered something moving in the hall. Marie focused her attention on Tony again and Gibbs risked turning his head enough to get a better look. He had to work hard to keep his face impassive when he saw McGee crouched down outside his bedroom door. McGee? What the hell was McGee doing in his house? Jethro wondered briefly if this was just one screwed up nightmare, but a quiet moan of pain brought the harsh realities of the situation back into focus.

“You’re in love with a man?” she sounded incredulous. “You’re gay?”

“No, Marie, I’m bi. It doesn’t matter. Please, let him go. This is between you and me.” His calm voice belied the turmoil churning inside him.

“I wanna see you suffer, Jethro, just like you’ve made me suffer all these years.”

Suddenly everything seemed to move in slow motion as Marie lifted the knife, only to plunge it back towards Tony. Gibbs threw himself at her, desperate to stop her. Two shots flared through the room as McGee fired, then silence ensued.

Gibbs scrambled off the bed, trying to get to Tony as fast as he could. The younger man was pale, clutching his shoulder as he tried to get up. Blood was trickling down his arm, evidence of how close he’d come to… Gibbs refused to finish that thought. Satisfied Tony would be okay, he turned his attention to Marie.

McGee was kneeling on the floor beside her, pressing down on a wound on her shoulder. She was conscious, but seemed dazed. Gibbs grabbed his phone and called for an ambulance. After giving them his address, he cut the connection and called Ducky. He wanted him to look Tony over, didn’t trust anyone else right now.

Taking a deep breath, he dialed another number.

“Jenny, it’s Gibbs.” He quickly briefed the Director about what had happened, keeping the details to a minimum. The long silence that followed, told him he’d have a lot of explaining to do in the morning.

“My office, 9am,” she ordered, before hanging up on him. Not too many people got to do that, he smirked.

******
An hour later the house was starting to quiet down. Marie was taken away to the hospital, where she would probably undergo a psychiatric evaluation at some point. He shook his head, an effort to rid himself of the images from earlier. Turning around, Gibbs took a long look at Tony. He still looked a bit pale, sitting on his coffee table in the living room. His arm had gotten a few stitches where Marie’s knife had graced him, but he would be fine. Ducky was swabbing the wound before applying the dressing. Gibbs reminded himself of that, again and again. Tony would be fine.

He turned around, and watched McGee comfort Abby, holding her close as he murmured soothing words into her ear.

McGee met his eyes and the federal agent paled rapidly as Gibbs approached him. Looming above him on the couch, Gibbs just held his gaze.

“Oh, this better be good, McGee. What the HELL were you doing in my house?”

“Oh…ahm…Boss, I…there was this…” McGee stuttered, blushing deeply as he tried to talk.
Chapter End Notes:
A special thanks to Marianne and Monica :)

Thank you all for reading!

Hilde