- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Someone had to set them straight
~*~

Tony just stared at his team, or what he thought was his team. He stood up and grabbed his bag. "You know Agent David, I'm suddenly not hungry." His voice was cold and hard. He quickly left the office ignoring the calls. He had enjoyed working at NCIS; he figured it was now time to move on now.

~*~

"What's wrong with Tony?" McGee looked around the office.

"Do you really have to ask that?" A very familiar voice came from behind.

Everyone turned and stared in shock. Even Gibbs looked speechless.

"Kate?" Abby grinned. "Oh God, this is so cool."

Kate looked at Abby. "I'm pissed at you."

"What?" Abby frowned.

"What?" She looked at all of them ignoring Ziva. "Tony just walked out of here looking like you not just kicked his favorite dog but shot it."

"It was a joke," McGee stammered.

"A joke." Kate looked at him with her hands on her hips. "Okay, let me get this straight. You thought it would be funny to tell your most insecure team member that you all had dinner at the new chick's house and had a good time, but not only didn't invite him – you didn't even miss him. I'm waiting for the punchline."

Abby looked to the ground. "But…"

"Did you all also forget the fact that your new chick is the sister of the man who shot his partner?" Kate glared at Gibbs. "AND YOU!" Gibbs stared at her. "What did you tell him where you were going when you left the house? Oh, yeah, it was something along the lines of going to meet some old Marine buddies."

"Kate." Gibbs growled.

"I'm dead Gibbs, that isn't going to work. I worked hard to put the two of you together and you just ruined it, for what?" Kate yelled.

"He wasn't there." Abby defended Gibbs.

"So you just thought it would be hilarious to join in on the fun?" Kate glared at him. "I'm telling you, Gibbs, you better get your ass over to Tony's and grovel like there is no…."

"Kate." A new voice popped up.

Kate turned to look at her partner. "I'm sorry, I'm just so angry."

"I know." The new guy walked up placing a hand on her arm. "And I don't blame you, but do you know how many laws you're violating."

"But…" She glared at the group. "Speed…"

"They have to figure it out for themselves." Speed glanced over at the group. "And you better do it soon or you'll be down another agent. I know a few people that wouldn't mind having an ex-NCIS Agent on their team."

Gibbs growled, "Tony is mine!"

"Then I suggest you go and grovel like Kate said." Speed smirked, he grabbed Kate's arm and turned to leave. "Oh and Miss David…"

"Yes." Ziva amazingly had kept her calm through the entire conversation. It wasn't every day your partner's ex-dead-partner showed up and yelled at you. "I would figure out where your loyalties lie and I don't mean the Mossad. You know what I'm talking about."

With that the two were gone.

"What just happened?" McGee asked.

"We got chewed out by Kate and some unknown angel." Abby's voice was quiet. "And she was right – it was cruel and viscous. I should have known better. I mean, I remember his look after you teased him about McGee replacing him when he went missing in the sewers."

Gibbs' eyes fell on Ziva; he could see the conflict going on inside her, but he let it go for the moment, he had something more important to do. "I'm going to go find Tony."

"Boss, tell him we're…" McGee began.

"Tell him yourself," Gibbs barked as he headed for the elevator.

~ Tony's Apartment ~

Tony sat on the kitchen floor and petted the small dog as she ate out of his NCIS hat. "That's all it's really good for, now." Tony had been shocked when he found out Kate had not only kept 'Toni' but willed her to him if something was to happen to her. He was even more shocked 'Toni' liked him.

"So, Toni." Tony grinned and scratched her ears. "What do you think I should do now? Maybe California, you would like the beach, lots of things to find and chew on."

Toni looked up from eating and whined at him. "Sorry, Gibbs isn't here, so no milk bones for a snack. What? You didn't think I knew about your secret?" He succumbed to the big brown eyes and got up and grabbed a few milk bones and gave them to Toni. "So California? How about Miami?"

"How about staying here?" Jethro's voice came from the kitchen entrance.

"On a team that doesn't respect me?" Tony stood up, his posture and stance defensive and unapproachable.

"I'm sorry," Jethro said. "Honestly, Tony, I wasn't there. I did go out with a couple of old Marine buddies. I heard Abby and McGee talking about the dinner, and the B for bastard popped up. I honestly didn't think you would …"

"What? Take it seriously? To heart? That I would just laugh it off. What a good joke on Tony!" Tony asked. "It hurt Gibbs. And to think you lied to me about going out, so you could go to dinner, a party, for the team that I wasn't included in."

"I don't lie," Gibbs pointed out. "I thought you knew that."

Tony sighed, his eyes dropping to the ground. "No, you don't, but … sometimes I don't know where I fit as your lover, on the team… and the thought that everyone was getting a good laugh at my expense once again was just …"

Jethro stepped up and cupped Tony's face in his hands. "You are valued on my team. I have come to rely more and more on your skills. You wouldn't be there if I thought you were a fool. I'm still making up for things I've done in the past to question that place, and I probably set us back again thanks to this …"

"Joke?" Tony leaned into Jethro's touch. "I love you, Jethro but this …"

"Can you forgive me?" Jethro kissed him softly, barely brushing Tony's lips with his.

Tony pulled him in for a deeper kiss. "Don't do it again. I know you're a bastard sometimes, but this was…too much."

"I'll make it up to you." Jethro kissed him again. "By the way you missed something amazing."

"What Kate yelling at the four of you?" Tony grinned at Gibbs' shocked expression.

"She stopped by." Tony smiled. "You know she's scarier now she's an angel."

"You've seen her before?" Jethro asked.

"Once or twice." Tony pulled Jethro towards the bedroom. "No talking about Kate, you have some making up to do."

Jethro grinned following Tony into the bedroom. "By the way, you have my permission to torment Ziva and McGee as much as you want."

"And Abby?" Tony eyed him.

"She'll punish herself more than you can," Jethro said.

"I'll talk with her in the morning." Tony pulled Jethro down on to the bed. "Please, I need you."

Jethro took his time with his lover. Stripping him slowly, worshiping his body with his mouth and hands, bringing Tony to the brink of ecstasy time and time again then pulling back to prolong the pleasure. Tony groaned and writhed under his touch; he was so far gone he was babbling in Italian.

Tony soaked up Jethro's touch, moaning in pleasure as his body was played like a fine instrument. He opened his eyes to see his lover's chest over his face; he couldn't resist and nipped at one of the erect nipples. Jethro moaned. He grabbed the condom and lube and sat back. Tony's eyes had gone almost golden as lust layered with love shone in them.

Jethro slipped the condom on Tony and lubed him up. Tony opened his mouth to question. In all the time they had been together Tony had never topped. Jethro reached behind him and slowly prepared himself. Tony stared in shock first, then in open lust. Jethro straddled Tony and lowered himself down onto his lover, taking his time to adjust to Tony's size.

Tony wrapped his hands around Jethro's hips, steadying his movements. He managed to hold back the instinct to thrust up and bury himself deep inside his lover. He moaned deeply as Jethro settled onto his hips. The two just stared at each other, communicating through their eyes, not a word spoken.

Slowly Jethro began to move, rocking gently. Tony let him set the pace, bracing his feet flat on the bed, to supporting Jethro as he rode him. Jethro found the right angle and pace, and with each thrust his prostate was scraped, sending sparks of pleasure up his spine. Tony began to lose his control and thrust upwards as Jethro impaled himself down, setting a harder rhythm.

Tony reached out and began to stroke Jethro's hard leaking cock. The stimulation was too much, and the older man came with a shout, sending Tony over the edge with him. Jethro eased off Tony and cleaned the two of them up before getting them under the covers and pulling Tony into his arms. That night Tony fell asleep content.

~ NCIS: Headquarters ~

Tony stared at McGee who was practically shaking in his boots. "I'm sorry."

"Its okay Probie." Tony smiled at him. "Really, it's okay."

McGee sighed. "It was childish and cliquish, something I hated while in school. All the jocks getting together, talking about the geeks and what did I do? The thing I hated done to me. You're not really the lazy playboy, but a decent agent who I'm proud to be partnered with."

"Wow, McGee, did you practice that in the mirror this morning?" Tony smiled at him.

McGee sighed. "Are you going to torment me for weeks… or months?"

"I'll think on it." Tony winked at him. Before going back to his desk he leaned forward. "Thanks, Tim." McGee smiled at him letting a breath out in relief. "Doesn't mean I won't torment you for at least a few days," Tony commented on the way to his desk. McGee smiled, it was good to get things back the way they were supposed to be.

~*~

"Abby, don't worry about it, I'm a big boy." Tony smiled at her. "I took it too personally, what happens outside work is people's personal business. Just because I wasn't invited to a party doesn't give me the right to pout."

"But doesn't give us a right to tease you about not being invited." Abby hugged him. "I know you, Tony; if you had found out you would have shrugged it off, but the fact we teased that you weren't invited is what hurt."

Tony was a bit stunned at the comment. "Wow, were you practicing with McGee?"

She smacked him. "We love you."

"Yes, what's not to love," Tony grinned.

She smacked him again. "Are we cool."

"We're cool." Tony tugged her pigtail. "So about Kate…."

~*~

Tony leaned back in his chair, his reports finished and on Gibbs' desk. There was tension between him and Ziva, but it would fade in time. He had never been good at holding grudges and as long as his family was beside him he didn't really care.

"I can't believe I missed you yelling at Gibbs." He looked up at Kate who was standing in front of his desk.

"One of the privileges of being dead." She shrugged. "Everything fine?"

"You didn't have to rescue me from my own hurt feelings," Tony pointed out.

"Yeah, I did," Kate said. "I admit when I first profiled you, I labeled you as a male chauvinist pig, rich playboy, lazy and that relied on luck…"

"Don't hold back Kate," Tony grinned.

"And I was wrong," Kate informed him. "Oh you're still a male chauvinist pig, but I know you're a good agent that works hard or you wouldn't be here. I also know despite your carefree attitude, what other people think concerns you. It wasn't Miss David who hurt; it was the other three, your team and friends. And that pissed me off; they should have known you better to realize what it would look like to you."

"My own guardian angel." Tony shut everything down and grabbed his bag.

"Two actually," Kate grinned.

"So this guy I've seen you with…" Tony smirked.

"TONY!" She smacked him. "He's like a brother, besides he's waiting for someone to crossover."

"So no hanky panky? Can angels even hanky panky?" Tony asked curious.

"You'll find out someday," Kate smiled.

"Never thought I would see you on a bike," Tony said.

"I'm dead, I decided to live a little," Kate laughed. "Now go home to Gibbs. I got work to do."

"Saving lives?" Tony asked heading for the elevator.

"Stopping Speed from smacking his old team," Kate grinned. "Or help."

Tony stepped into the elevator and turned towards her. "I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Tony's smile faded as the doors closed. "God, I miss you Kate."

~ The End ~
~ For Now ~
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keeping DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it.

Beta: Veronica and Star

Author's Note: The ending last night just spawned at least three bunnies… Like, I don’t have enough bunnies. This takes place in my Kate as an Angel series.