- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is an RP fic by Ghost's Writer and JoeyBug.
Author's Chapter Notes:
In a world where some men can carry babies, a one night stand is about to turn Gibbs and DiNozzo into a family.
Gibbs sat at the bar for about twenty minutes. He had loosened his tie, but was still in the same suit he’d had on at the funeral. He was more than glad that they didn't ask him to say something. Usually, he would have gone home and drunk bourbon in his basement but the place only reminded him of everything he had lost in his life. It reminded him of his wife and daughter, of every freaking ex-wife, of Jen, hell it even reminded him of Kate because Ari had died in there. He sighed deeply as he took another sip from the bourbon.

Tony sauntered in through the door, spotted Gibbs and went to take a seat next to him. He was still in the suit that he'd worn to Jenny's funeral and he felt out of place as pretty much everyone else in the bar was in casual clothes, except for Gibbs. "Pretty shitty day, huh boss?" Tony said

Gibbs only grunted his agreement to Tony's statement. He stared ahead, trying not to notice how well the black suit fit Tony, just like he had tried all day, but it didn't exactly help him, because behind the bar was a mirror. He could see the pain of the last days on Tony's face. "Are you alright?" He finally asked.

"I've had better days, boss," Tony replied. "I feel like this is my fault, Ziva thinks I'm crying over spilt milk, but it's definitely not milk that I spilt." Tony ordered a drink and was served quickly, he sipped at the whiskey, feeling the burn as it went down his throat. He intended to get plastered tonight; anything had to be better than the way he felt now. Looking at Gibbs' face, he felt the guilt raise its ugly head again, Gibbs had been close to Jenny, they'd worked together as partners some time ago and he always felt as if there was more to it than Gibbs told him. "Worse thing is, I feel like I let you down, boss," Tony admitted, taking a large gulp of his whiskey.

Gibbs finally worked it up to look at Tony. "You didn't let me down, Tony. And it wasn't your fault. She gave you the day off and it was the right decision to leave her be." He took another sip. "I understand that you feel that way, but it was her decision to go there without you or Ziva as back-up. She was trying to protect you. If anything, it was my fault."

"It had nothing to do with you, boss. For God's sake you weren't even in the same state as her. But you're right, I was given an order and I followed it to the letter. I should have known, you've taught me to anticipate and I should have known," Tony rambled, he finished his whiskey and ordered another quickly before giving Gibbs a quick glance, his boss was looking particularly good tonight even though they'd just come from a funeral. The suit showed off his best features, and he'd even say Gibbs looked attractive. He pushed those thoughts to that back of his mind and concentrated on his drink, which he again downed quickly, he ordered a third when Gibbs looked at him with his eyebrow raised.

"What?" Tony asked.

"You seem to be in a hurry." Gibbs noted. "Anyway, she met with those guys to protect me...and she wanted to tell me something she never had the chance to." Gibbs tried to conceal the enormous guilt. Maybe her death wasn't his fault, but she didn't need to die with a secret.

"I'm planning to get drunk; you have a problem with that? I've had a shitty time the past few days," Tony snapped, then relented, "sorry, boss, I didn't mean to snap. I'm just still wound up from it all. Why did she meet them to protect you?" Tony asked, hoping this would be a chance for Gibbs to finally open up about his past with Jenny.

Gibbs took his time, taking a sip. "At the funeral she was attending, someone use the codename we used if our op in Paris was compromised. Back then, she hadn't killed who she was supposed to kill. I had to finish that job for her. She tried to do it now, but you know the effect of that..." He chose to ignore Tony's snapping. "I don't have a problem with you getting drunk, as long as you don't drive...Actually, I was planning to do the same." He knocked back his bourbon and was served another without ordering. It wasn't the first time he was there.

"Naa, I won't drive, I'll get a cab or something and pick my car up in the morning," Tony replied, raising his hand to signal to the barmaid that he wanted another one. She brought it over without saying anything and Tony started making his way through that one as quickly as he had the others. Before long, he was on his sixth whiskey and was more than a little tipsy, the more he drank, the better Gibbs looked.

Gibbs had lost count on the bourbon. Actually it didn't really matter. He had planned to get drunk and that was what he was doing. However, the more he drunk, the more difficult it became not to give in to his desires, that he has hidden for so long.

Tony was now beginning to feel very drunk, and he'd lost count of how many whiskey's he thrown back, but the guilt monster was quieting so it was almost enough. He wasn't so drunk that he'd lost control of his faculties, but he was drunk enough for his emotional barriers to be lowered, he found himself opening up to Gibbs about things that had bothered him for a while, like his assignment with Jeanne.

"You, Jenny basically ordered me to sleep with her? I went to her for advice because I was falling in love with the woman I was supposed to undercover for and I thought it would be wrong to just sleep with her for the job, but no, Jenny basically told me that I had to do it, if I really did like her, which I did...I hated myself for doing that, you know, boss? Hated it, but I couldn't disobey a direct order and that's what it felt like it was, what do you think, boss?" Tony slurred, knocking back another shot of whiskey and enjoying the general buzz that alcohol brought when drunk in excess.

"And that's what you didn't follow your gut in LA." Gibbs answered equally slurring. "You were thinking that if she wanna run off, she should. And you had every right to be pissed at her. Hell, I was pissed at her." He put his hand on the back of Tony's neck, squeezing gently.

Tony warmed to Gibbs' touch, it felt nice to be touched by someone who wasn't just an assignment, and lord knows it'd been a while since he'd been with anyone the way he was with Jeanne. He'd actually fallen in love with her, what an idiot! She, of course, had hated him when the truth came out and then there was the fact that she accused him of murdering her father.

"You think it was Jenny who killed La Grenuille? God, boss, keep doing that, that feels good," Tony mumbled, leaning in to Gibbs' touch and he felt his boss massage the back of his neck, loosening the knots of tension that he felt there. Tony went to lift his glass and realised it was empty, but had no desire to get another one, maybe it was time he went home, but if Gibbs kept touching him like that, he wouldn't be going home alone, that's for sure.

Gibbs got up from the chair, never taking his hand off Tony, and stepped closer, until he could whisper in his ear. "What do you think?" He asked instead of an answer, and really, he had to be really drunk, because he actually leaned forward, brushing his lips over Tony's ear. "One, or two cabs?" He asked the innocent question because it would answer all questions he had anyway.

"One would be best, I think," Tony replied, his voice thick with desire. Man, he was wasted, which had been the object of going out tonight, but now he was thinking about going home with his boss for, well, there was no other word for it, angry, drunken sex, at least he assumed that was what Gibbs' meant when he asked about the cabs. Was he really doing this? He thought to himself and then gave Gibbs a quick, once over glance, yeah, he was. He needed comforting and Gibbs seemed like the right man for the job.

Gibbs quickly threw a bill at the barmaid, he didn't even really know what it was but she didn't object that it was too less, so he pushed Tony towards the door. "Let's go." He growled. He didn't really think about anything except the fact that he was finally going to have Tony in his bed.

Tony wobbled as he got off the bar stool and followed Gibbs out of the bar, watching his boss closely as he hailed a cab and shoved him into the back before climbing in next to him. "Never known you to be in such a rush to get home, boss," Tony slurred, hiccupping slightly. "What's the rush?"

Once inside the cab Gibbs crowded Tony into the side wall, nipping on the delicious jaw. "You."

Tony was floored with Gibbs reaction, his boss fancied him? This couldn't be happening, could it? He knew that he'd looked at his boss as someone he wouldn't mind getting dirty with, but he'd never thought it would actually happen. He did the only thing he could think of, and pulled Gibbs' face up to meet his and leaned in and kissed him, his tongue brushing his boss' lips before the mouth opened and let him in. As he was kissing him, a thought went through his head, 'I wonder what the cabbie thinks of this?' and then all other thoughts left his mind as he realised they reached Gibbs' house and both were still joined at the lips. The cabbie tapped the plastic divider between them and cleared his throat, Tony broke the kiss and grabbed some bills and passed them over, "Keep the change," he said before climbing out of the cab, led by a very determined Gibbs. If that was how his boss acted in public, how the hell would he act once they were behind closed doors?


Gibbs woke with a groan when the sun hit his face. He put an arm over his eyes, trying to put together the pieces of last night. He'd been to the funeral, and then he'd been drinking, with Tony...and he left - with Tony. He shifted a little, felt a familiar soreness and his eyes snapped open. "Oh God..." he muttered and found the other man asleep next to him. Asleep and naked. "Damn..."

It took some time for Tony to work out where he was when he first opened his eyes, his head hurt and the bright sunlight wasn't helping, he remembered the funeral and then going for a drink and getting plastered, but then...oh God, he'd kissed his boss! He rolled over in bed, wondering why he could have been so stupid and when he opened his eyes again, he saw Gibbs looking back at him. 'Shit' he thought, then he realised that Gibbs was staring at him. "Umm...hi?" he said, whilst thinking 'no, there is no way that I was drunk enough to sleep with my boss!' He lifted the sheets and saw that he, and Gibbs were both naked. Oh great, so now he'd have to find a new job, unless he could convince Gibbs that it had been extenuating circumstances, that they'd both been very drunk and that there was no need for it to go any further. They didn't even need to talk about it again, "I don't suppose you have any aspirin?" Tony asked.

"Bathroom, above the sink." Gibbs answered confused. Tony couldn't seriously think that they weren't gonna talk about it. "Tony, about last night..." he started but didn't really know how to finish it.

"Aspirin first, then we talk," Tony said, trying to work out how quiet he could make his voice so it wouldn't hurt his head, but still be loud enough for Gibbs to hear. He looked around the floor and spotted his boxers, he grabbed them and slipped them on under the covers. Gibbs may have already seen him naked, but there was no reason he should see it again now, after all, they'd both been drunk, and both were looking for comfort after a hard few days and the loss of a colleague and friend, that's all it had been, nothing more.

He located the aspirin, and stuck two in his mouth before taking several gulps of water straight from the tap. He took a deep breath and walked back into the bedroom to get the rest of his clothes. He knew Gibbs wanted to talk about it, but he felt uncomfortable walking around half dressed in front of his boss. "So, last night?" Tony started, once he was dressed.

"Well...we obviously both had a drink too much and...um..." For a second he wondered if he was always that nervous after one night stands, but then again, there hadn't been many.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've never have crossed the line unless I'd had a few to drink and if I recall correctly, it was you who started it, so yeah, just a one night stand and we never need talk of it again," Tony rambled, unsure what to make of Gibbs' expression. "Anyway, I'd better head on out, have to work tomorrow and I have the hangover from hell." He made his way to the bedroom door, but something stopped him.

Gibbs sat on the bed frowning at Tony's back. He couldn't help but wonder if this was really what he wanted. However, Tony didn't let it seem as if there was hope for anything else. Gibbs noticed that Tony didn't leave. "We're good, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're good. I just want you to know that last night was a mistake, I wouldn't have done that if I'd been sober," Tony muttered, why the hell couldn't he just leave?

Gibbs swallowed the pain that surfaced at Tony's words down. "Ok." He said. "Well, see ya tomorrow then."

Tony walked out, and climbed down the stairs, Gibbs' tone of voice told him that something was not right, but he was too wrapped up in keeping what had happened between the two of them that he didn't think to go back up and check Gibbs' was okay. He shut the door quietly and then realised he had no way to get home and no cell to call a cab, so he had to turn round and knock on Gibbs' door to ask him if it would be okay for him to call a cab so he could get his car from the bar where he'd left it last night.

Gibbs had just leaned back into the pillows when there was a knock on the door. He knew it had to be Tony and he wondered if he could actually leave him in front of his door and tell him he didn't hear the knock. He sighed and went down to open. "What?" He asked, not bothering with manners or politeness.

"I don't have my cell, I need to borrow you phone to call a cab so I can go pick up my car. In fact we could share a cab since I remember you leaving your car there as well," Tony said, feeling sheepish and put upon by Gibbs' tone of voice. It wasn't his fault he'd got drunk and slept with his boss, well it was partly his fault, but as he recalled, it was Gibbs who started this whole mess anyway.

"I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow before work. You should probably do the same. Your blood alcohol level surely is still enough to get DUI." Gibbs said as he headed over to the phone and then threw it at Tony.

Tony caught the phone, but he couldn't work out why Gibbs was so angry, it couldn't be something he'd said because classing what happened as a one night stand was what they both wanted, right? "I guess you're right, I'll just call a cab and go home then," Tony said, finally. He dialled the number a local cab dispatcher and told them Gibbs address for the pick up, he'd give them his once they got here. "I'll wait outside," he said, he didn't want to stay in the house and further upset his boss.

Gibbs sighed and closed his eyes annoyed about himself as Tony was about to leave the house. "Tony, you don't have to wait outside." He said. "C'mon, have a coffee before you leave." He tried to sound friendly. He had to remember that tomorrow he and Tony were supposed to work together again.

"Okay," Tony replied, still unable to read Gibbs' mood, but then again, his boss had never been an easy one to read. He followed Gibbs into the kitchen and sat at the table, waiting for the coffee to be handed to him. "You're not going to tell anyone about last night, are you?" he asked, without thinking.

Gibbs turned to Tony with a raised eyebrow. "When was the last time *I* came into the office telling everyone about my latest conquest? Or stupid one night stand, for that matter." Gibbs answered dryly and put two cups of coffee onto the table.

"Sorry, boss, wasn't thinking straight," Tony admitted, realising that he was the one that was more likely to spill their secret, which he would never do so that was the end of that. He'd rather die than let people know he'd gotten drunk and fucked his boss. He took the cup of coffee and took a few sips before he heard his taxi hoot its horn. "I guess that's my cue to leave," he said. "Thanks for the coffee." He thought it best not to mention anything else about the night before, it seemed to only upset Gibbs and that was the last thing he wanted to do. Man, tomorrow at work was going to be difficult to say the least. He just hoped Gibbs wouldn't treat him so badly as punishment that everyone else picked up on it and realised something had happened between the two agents.

Gibbs rubbed his eyes when Tony finally left. He really had to watch himself tomorrow, but then again, he had never had a problem with that. At work he always was professional.
Chapter End Notes:
This is an RP fic by Ghost's Writer and JoeyBug.