- Text Size +
Outside the room Gibbs punched the wall once, letting his anger out in a physical way, though it only made his hand hurt.

"Okay, you need to calm down, Gibbs. That sick fuck has admitted murder and no jury is going to let him walk, not with the sustainable injury his daughter received," Tony told him.

Gibbs took deep breaths to calm himself down. "You're right. There's no way he's gonna walk...but still that just too good for him...he deserves so much more."

"I get you, Gibbs, I really do," Tony said.

"In my country, he would be stoned to death," Ziva put in.

"Shame we're not in your country," Tony added.

Gibbs grinned slightly. "Yeah, well...there are ways to deal with it here." He said cryptically. "I'd say you can process him." He went for the elevators.

Tony passed off that job to Ziva and walked after Gibbs, "I'd say we've earned our pay checks today, want to call it a day?" he asked when the elevator doors had closed.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at home." Gibbs said and pulled out his cell phone, scrolling through the names.

"What are you going to do?" Tony asked, suspiciously, "let the courts deal with dear Petty Officer Ringwald, Charlotte's safe from him now."

"Charlotte's not save, she's dead!" Gibbs snapped. "And I'll let the judge deal with him...just not only the judge."

"Gibbs, you have to think of your baby," Tony argued.

Gibbs looked up. "I'm not doing anything to strain myself, Tony. Don't worry."

"I do worry, Gibbs, I don't want you getting involved in this," Tony pleaded.

Gibbs sighed. "Tony, I'm just not sure I can sleep like that."

"Tell me what you're planning, Gibbs, that way I won't worry because I'll know," Tony asked, flipping the switch for the elevator to turn off so that they wouldn't be disturbed.

"I'll just call an old friend and tell him about the situation. That's all I'm gonna do, Tony. Promise."

"Okay," Tony said, still unsure, but he knew that Gibbs wouldn't do anything that would risk his career or the baby. "I'll see you at home, then...want me to pick up dinner on the way?"

"Yeah, just no thai...or chinese...nothing asian, really...and I can't eat anymore Pizza..." He sighed. "I could eat a steak." He muttered.


Tony was shuffling around the waiting room, nervous as anything. They were waiting to be called in for Gibb's first ultrasound and although Tony was excited about the thought of seeing their baby on screen, he was also nervous that it would highlight some kind of problem.

Gibbs sat in a chair, following Tony with his eyes. He was nervous about the first ultra sound. Somehow he worried there wouldn't be a heart beat or something.

"You're making me sea sick." He finally said, tired of watching Tony running a hole into the floor.

"I'm not surprised you feel sick, you drank like a gallon of water before we left," Tony replied, still pacing.

Gibbs rolled his eyes. "I just wanted you to sit down, damn it!" He barked, making the women in the waiting room look at him strangely. "Oh, c'mon! Women can get crazy when they're pregnant but if a man does he's getting strange looks!" He said to them.

"I don't think they're used to seeing a pregnant man, Gibbs. It is rather odd, even though it's possible," Tony told him, taking a seat and crossing his legs, he made up for not pacing by twitching his foot.

Gibbs threw Tony an annoyed look and put his hand on the bouncing knee. "It's gonna be fine." He said, half to convince Tony, half to convince himself.

"I hope so," Tony half whispered. He put his hand over Gibbs’, ignoring the look of disgust a few women shot them. "Just know that if it isn't, we'll get through this."

About five minutes later, just before Gibbs would have snapped at the women in the room for whispering behind their back, they were asked inside. Gibbs shortly patted Tony's leg and stood up. "Ok, let's go face the music." He muttered.

Tony nodded and followed Gibbs as he led the way into the exam room.
"You need to get undressed and put this gown on," the nurse told Tony.

"Er..he's the pregnant one, not me," Tony replied, smiling. The nurse rolled her eyes and handed Gibbs the gown.

"You want me to help or you want me to wait over here and you go behind that screen or something?" Tony asked.

Gibbs rolled his eyes. "Tony, I'm in the first trimester. I barely put on weight. I can undress myself without your help, thank you." He went behind the screen and changed into the gown. He hated these things.

Tony looked around the room, next to the screen, there was a bed with a monitor and ultrasound machine next to it so he assumed Gibbs would have to lay there. Just as he was about to say something to Gibbs, he came out from behind the screen wearing nothing but the gown, and socks, he assumed he also had his boxers on too. Tony stifled a laugh.

"What?" Gibbs asked, feeling ridiculous. "What are you laughing about?"

"I've just never seen you like this, boss," Tony said, trying not to giggle. "You look a little funny."

Gibbs shook his head and sat on the bed. "I feel a little funny, too." He muttered. "Even the nurse thinks it should be you..."

"Oh, come on, just because a nurse thought I was Jethro Gibbs doesn't mean anything," Tony reassured him. He was about to say more when the doctor came in and looked at Gibbs.

"How are we feeling today, Jethro?" she asked.

"I'm ok." He said grumpily.

"Okay then, let's get started. Can you lie down on the bed and pull your gown up to just above you stomach?" she said.

Gibbs lay back and pulled the gown up, glad he kept his boxers on. He hated doctors. The odds were that they would tell him bad news, that's why he never went to one if he didn't have to. But in this case, he really had to.

"Okay, you're going to feel something cold as I put some gel on the end of the wand," the doctor said, "and then I'll just smear it around and soon..." she paused.

Gibbs barely twitched when the cool get was applied to his belly. He saw the doctor was getting ready to start the scan, so he looked over to Tony for reassurance.

Tony reached out and held Gibbs' hand. "Ah, there you go, there's your baby! That sound you hear is the heartbeat, don't worry about it seeming so fast, that's perfectly normal," the doctor told them.

Gibbs squeezed Tony's hand at hearing the heart beat. He smiled a little, relieved that it was alive.

"And now I'm just going to be moving around to get measurements to check baby's okay and developing normally," the doctor said.

"But it looks okay?" Tony asked, sounding worried.

"They have a normal heartbeat, but at this stage, baby is only twelve weeks old, so we just want to make sure everything is growing and developing normally. I assure you if there was a problem, they would have picked it up by now," she reassured them.

"This is our first scan," Tony said, confused.

"Oh, Ah, I see now," she said, stopping what she was doing and looking at Gibbs' notes. "You were in hospital with some spotting at 5 weeks, right?" she asked Gibbs.

"Am, yeah..." Gibbs said confused and a little worried.

"Well, they did a scan while you were sedated. I'm surprised no one told you that," she explained.

"And?" Tony asked, squeezing Gibbs' hand.

"Everything was normal and baby was fine," she said, "this scan is more to check for birth defects so we take measurements and then on your next scan we can check that baby is growing normally. There really is nothing to worry about.

"Now, would you like to know the sex?" she asked.

Gibbs let out a deep breath. He had to make sure to rip that doctor at the hospital a new one once the baby was born. "Um...do we?" Gibbs asked and looked at Tony. The younger man had been changing his mind about the topic over and over again.

"I'm fine with waiting if you want to," Tony said, he was desperate to know, but he knew that Gibbs didn't want to know and he didn't want to ruin the surprise for the man.

Making a decision within seconds, Gibbs said "hit me."

The doctor smiled. "You're having a girl, you can see her sex organs just developing and it's obvious that there is no penis," she told them and then waited for their reactions.

Tony smiled, he was going to have a baby girl, then he looked at Gibbs, he'd lost a daughter, was he going to be alright having another?

Gibbs stared at the monitor. He was going to father another girl. He swallowed hard. "Ok." He said, immediately realizing how stupid it was to say ok...

"Are you okay, Gibbs?" Tony asked, wishing he had the right words to make it okay.

"I can give you a moment," the doctor said. "I'll be back to print out a still for you to take."

"I'm alright." Gibbs told Tony as soon as the doctor had left the room. "I...I will be alright."

"What's wrong? Is it because it's a girl?" Tony pressed, he didn't want to upset Gibbs but he also knew that the man would keep it bottled up if he didn't push the issue.

"Yes, Tony, it's because it's a girl!" Gibbs snapped. He rubbed his hand over his face.

"I'm sorry," Tony said, he didn't know what else to say really. He'd never felt the pain of losing a child and he wasn't about to bring another child into the world, but he knew that whatever happened, he'd be there for Gibbs. And his daughter.

Gibbs took a deep breath. "At least now I'll have time to deal with it before - the baby is born." He couldn't get himself to say 'she'

"We'll deal with it together," Tony said, just as the doctor reappeared.

"Here you go," she said, handing Tony some stills of the ultrasound. "I got you a couple."

"Thanks," Tony said.

She handed Gibbs a cloth "This is to clean yourself up, you can get dressed now and make an appointment for eight weeks from now so we can check on her progress," she told him.

Gibbs nodded as he rubbed the cloth over his stomach. Wordlessly he went behind the screen and changed into his cloths. As soon as he was covered from sight he let his head hang for a moment. He'd really have another daughter.

Tony waited as Gibbs got changed and then they walked out of the exam room together, neither one said anything as they made their way back to the Navy Yard. Once they got there, Gibbs sat at his desk and Tony stood over him. "Want me to show the others the scan pictures?" he asked.

"If you want to." Gibbs answered. Actually he had looked forward to show the scan to his friends, but right now he didn't really feel up to it.

"Why don't you come with me? I know Abby will be dying to ask you almost everything about the scan," Tony suggested. "And the baby is healthy, so this is good news."

Gibbs sighed. "You're right. Abby's worrying all the time. She'll be out of her mind if I didn't come along to gloat with the scans..." He got up from his chair, telling himself that it was in fact good news and that having a daughter didn't mean that he'd replace Kelly in his heart.

They both headed to the back elevator to go to Abby's lab first. Once they were inside the elevator, Tony leaned over and kissed Gibbs' cheek. "Just because we're having a girl, doesn't mean we're replacing Kelly in any way," he whispered, then he turned back to face the elevator doors.

"Hey Abs, we're back,." Tony said, once they reached the lab.

"Oh Gibbs! How did it go? Do you have pictures?" Abby exclaimed, grabbing Gibbs and pulling him into a hug.

At Abby's enthusiasm Gibbs could help but smile. "Yeah, Abs, we've brought pictures. Tony has them." He said, hugging her back shortly.

The goth span around to face Tony. "Show me!" She ordered.

Tony pulled the scan photos out of his wallet and handed them to Abby. "Oh My God!" she shrieked. "Is that your baby?"

"Sure is," Tony replied.

"Do you know the sex?" she asked.

Gibbs looked at Tony, raising his eyebrow. Although he wanted to know the sex, Tony also wanted to surprise the others. "We know." He said.

"And?" Abby pressed.

"We want to keep it a secret," Tony replied.

"Oh, come on guys, I'm knitting already and I have to know! Blue or pink! You gotta at least tell me that!" Abby whined.

"Why not make it yellow?" Tony replied.

"PLEASE!" Abby shrieked. "I HAVE to know!"

"Abby, relax." Gibbs said calmly, trying to hide his grin. "Tony's right. Use yellow. I don't like pink anyway."

"Anyway, we've got to go and tell Ducky now, so..." Tony said.

"You wait, I will find out!" Abby threatened.

"Yeah, you will, when the baby's born," Tony replied

"Don't make this a challenge, I'm a forensic expert, I have ways of finding these things out!"

"Whatever, Abby," Tony said, laughing. He followed Gibbs out of the lab and into the elevator to go down to autopsy. "You feeling better?" he asked Gibbs once they were alone.

Gibbs smiled slightly. "Yeah, this is actually helping."

"Good," Tony said, he grabbed Gibbs' hand as the elevator doors opened and they both walked together into autopsy.

"Ah, Tony, Jethro," Ducky said, "you're back from the hospital, I see."

"Yeah, obviously." Gibbs said. "We brought some scans. I'm sure you want to take a look." He nudged Tony to hand over the scans.

"The doctor said everything looks fine." Gibbs added.

"Ah well, these look nice, and the baby's in good health, so, all is well," Ducky said, looking at the scans. "I'm sure Abby already has the pink wool picked out."

"Why would she use pink?" Tony asked, confused for a second.

"Because you're having a girl, it's obvious from these scans!" Ducky told him. "Oh dear, I hope I haven't ruined the surprise."

"No, we knew, but we don't want anyone else to know so please don't mention it to Abby or Ziva or McGee," Tony asked.

"How do you feel about having a girl, Jethro?" Ducky asked Gibbs
.
Gibbs' smile fell from his face. "I guess I'll have to get used to the idea." He admitted. "But I'll be fine. It's a new kid. There's no point to worry. And she didn't die because of some disease...and I won't let history repeat itself." He took Tony's hand, squeezing, more to reassure himself than Tony.

"We're just happy she's healthy," Tony added. "Have you seen Ziva and McGee, they're the last ones on our list to show the scans to?"

"No, I think they were called to help with a case one of the other teams were working. Whatever the case, they'll be around soon." Ducky replied.


Some months later. Gibbs sat at his desk, rereading his report from the last case. He rubbed his stomach, feeling hungry yet again. The elevator doors opened and Fornell waltzed into the bullpen.

"Gibbs, I need to speak with you!" Fornell said, looking royally pissed, though that was barely a surprise.

"About what?" Gibbs asked back, reluctant to get up from the comfortable position he had found only moments ago.

"About Petty Officer Ringwald." Fornell looked Gibbs up and down. "You put on a lot of weight, haven't you?"

Gibbs threw him a death glare, but didn't answer.

Tony walked into the bullpen with a cup of coffee just as Fornell was commenting on Gibbs' weight. "He's pregnant and I'm the father," Tony snarled. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your company, Fornell?"

"Your boss has something to do with a certain Petty Officers death," Fornell shot back. "Pregnant? Now, why doesn't that surprise me?"

"Which Petty Officer?" Tony asked, suddenly worried.

"Petty Officer Ringwald," Fornell said. Tony lost all colour from his face when he realised that Gibbs had gone against what he's promised him and gotten involved.

"I haven't seen him since I testified at his trial." Gibbs answered calmly not at all worried.

Fornell put his hands on Gibbs' desk. "I didn't say that you went and killed him. He was killed in prison. Someone actually told not only the guards but the inmates what he was in for. He really didn't have a nice death."

Gibbs suppressed a smirk. "Fornell, would I go and risk my baby's health to do something like that?" He tried to play the I'm-pregnant-and-all-innocent-card.

"Gibbs wouldn't do something like that," Tony put in, whilst thinking the opposite. He couldn't believe Gibbs had actually done what he'd threatened to do.

"Yeah, right." Fornell said. "I just came to inform you that we're pulling your phone records. I didn't have to do that, since I have a warrant, but I thought I owed you as much. You'll hear from me again, be sure of that." Fornell straightened up and made to leave but then stopped, gave Gibbs an once over, and then Tony. "Seriously?"

Gibbs narrowed his eyes in a deadly glare. "Fine, I'll just leave..." Fornell said, "wouldn't have figured you for the 'maternal' type." He smirked. "not at your age, anyway." And with that he left the office.

Tony glared at Gibbs, he was almost too angry to speak. "Elevator, now," he muttered and headed towards the back elevator where they could talk in private. He waited for Gibbs to join him and then pressed a button, waited for the elevator to move and then flicked the off switch. "What the HELL were you thinking?" he shouted at Gibbs.

"Tony, I did exactly what I told you I'd do. I called an old friend and talked to him about it." Gibbs replied calmly, though he was feeling everything but calm.

"I told you not to get involved and I distinctly remember you promising me you wouldn't. And now, we're got Fornell digging through your phone records, he's going to find a connection and then YOU'LL be on trial! You're five months pregnant, Gibbs, I am NOT having my daughter born in prison because her father is too pig headed to step back when it's good for him!" Tony ranted.

"Tony, he will not connect me to this. I haven't been in contact with anyone who works at the prison. I did not tell those inmates that Ringwald's a murderer. And I certainly did not tell the guards to look the other way." Gibbs was getting a little pissed. He wasn't stupid enough to be connected to this.

"But your "friend" obviously did," Tony shot back.

Gibbs shrugged. "No one can make me responsible for something someone else does, can they?"

"Fornell is a sneaky one, he'll connect you to this, just you watch. I can't believe you'd be so irresponsible with our baby's well being!"

"I'm not irresponsible, Tony. I didn't do anything wrong. You wanna tell me you never told anyone about a case we had?" Gibbs said, getting agitated.

"I never share the suspect’s details! Christ, you've been an NCIS agent for over a decade; you'd have thought you knew more about SOP!" Tony yelled.

"I might have dropped the name accidently. Tony, all Fornell is going to find is that I called a friend after we interrogated Ringwald. He's a really good friend. If he checked my phone records a while back, he'd realize that I called him on several occasions after a case. I'm not an idiot, Tony. I would threaten our child's life like that!" Gibbs barked.

"It was no accident and you know it!" Tony yelled. "I can't believe you lied to me!"

"I didn't lie to you! I told you exactly what I....arg."

"You told me you would get involved! What? What is it?" Tony asked, forgetting what he was yelling about in the first place.

Gibbs put a hand on the side of the elevator. "It's just...ouch..."

Tony acted quickly; he took Gibbs in one arm and flicked the switch for the elevator with the other. He pressed the button that would bring them down to autopsy. "It's okay, I'm getting Ducky," he reassured Gibbs.

Gibbs grimaced as the pain went worse. "God, this can't be happening."

The elevator doors opened and Tony yelled, "DUCKY! Quickly! It's Gibbs, I think he's having a miscarriage or early labour or something!"

Ducky appeared in the doorway of autopsy and helped Tony half carry Gibbs into autopsy and helped him climb up onto a table. He felt the considerably bump that Gibbs had. "Where' the pain, Jethro?" he asked him, whilst Tony stood beside him, helplessly.

"Ah! Right there!" Gibbs pressed out as Ducky found the spot that hurt the most. "God, I can't lose it, Duck..."

"Oh God, Gibbs, you're bleeding!" Tony said, grabbing Gibbs' hand and squeezing it tightly.

"It's okay, Jethro, I've got you. Jimmy, call an ambulance, tell them we have a man with MGS, five months along in pre-term labour," Ducky barked at Palmer, who did exactly what he was told.

"Is he going to be okay, Duck?" Tony asked, still gripping Gibbs' hand.

"They have drugs that can halt the labour, but we need to get him there before his water's break. Once that happens, there's no turning back," Ducky explained.

Gibbs squeezed Tony's hand hard. He couldn't help it when he started to sob. This was just cruel. He couldn't lose another daughter. Not now that he finally had come to terms with it that he was going to have one.

The paramedics arrived quickly and loaded Gibbs into the back of the ambulance once Ducky had handed over all the information he had. Tony didn't even need to be asked, he just got into the back of the ambulance with Gibbs and kept holding his hand. "It'll be okay, Gibbs. They'll stop the labour and it'll all be okay, I promise."

"I'm just going to put a needle in the back of your hand, okay, Mr. Gibbs?" the paramedic told him, as they headed out, sirens blaring.

"Ok." Gibbs muttered, holding on to Tony's hand as if it was a life line.

They secured an IV and hooked Gibbs up to some fluids. "Is that going to stop the labour?" Tony asked, trying to stay calm.

"No, the doctors at the hospital will do that, we're just keeping him hydrated," the paramedic explained. "They know we're coming so they'll have all the right doctors there and we should be there soon, with the sirens and all."

"Okay," Tony said. "Gibbs, it's going to be okay, did you hear what he said?" Tony whispered into Gibbs' ear.

Gibbs tried to suppress the sobs. "All he said was that it's going to be okay if we're there in time." He muttered quickly as long as he enough breath. He couldn't help be pessimistic. He always was. Why should he suddenly have everything he ever wished for? Why should he suddenly be happy?

"I promise you it'll be okay, and even if she's born now, with all the medical advances she'll survive," Tony said to Gibbs.

Gibbs nodded, trying to believe Tony's words. "She'll be ok." He whispered.

The ambulance came to a halt, and the doors were opened by the waiting medical personnel. "This the pre-term labour?" a nurse asked.

"Yeah, this is Jethro Gibbs, MGS obviously, five months pregnant, bleeding, but no sign of ruptured waters," the paramedic said, handing over.

They loaded Gibbs out of the ambulance and into a trauma room, the same one as before, which gave Tony the chills. Soon, Gibbs was surrounded by medical people. "Whatever you do, Mr. Gibbs, do not push!" a nurse told him. "The doctor's about to set up an IV infusion that will hopefully stop the contractions. We have a long way to go before we start delivering your baby," she reassured them. Tony sighed with relief.

"I told you, Gibbs, she's not ready to come out of the oven yet," Tony told him, squeezing his shoulder.

"We just need to do an internal, to check where the bleeding is coming from and how far dilated you are," a doctor said. "You'll have to leave," he said to Tony.

"What? No, I don't want Tony to leave!" Gibbs said, grabbing Tony's hand firmer.

"I'm staying," Tony told the doctor sternly. The doctor shrugged and set about doing an internal on Gibbs. "Does it hurt?" Tony asked Gibbs, when he saw Gibbs wince.

Gibbs actually wanted to give Tony a "what do you think" look, but instead he just grimaced again. "yeah."

"Okay," the doctor said. "You've got some residual bleeding, but nothing major. The drugs should stop your contractions, but let us know if they continue." Then he left. Tony helped Gibbs put his legs back down and regain some of his dignity.

"Does that mean, we're out of the woods?" Tony asked the nurse who'd stayed with them.

"We're not yet, but unless your partner continues to get contractions, there's something else we can try, so don't worry. Like I said, we're not about to deliver this baby just yet," she replied.

"Well, are you still having them, Gibbs?" Tony asked.

Gibbs took deep breath. "I don't think so." He exhaled slowly, then inhaled and then stopped. "Ah, dammit, they're still there..."

"Okay,," the nurse said, "we'll give the medicine time to work, but let me know if they get any stronger and if you feel the urge to push."

"Do you have the urge to push, Gibbs?" Tony asked, scared and curious at the same time.

"Gosh, Tony, I don't know...this is kinda knew to me..." he suppressed a yell. "God, I really hope this isn't getting any more painful..."

The nurse chuckled. "First baby?" she asked. "It always seem that much more painful to men than women," she whispered to Tony.

"Probably because it is," Tony snapped, he didn't appreciate her attitude when his partner and baby were in trouble.

"I'll get the doctor, they should have eased off by now," she said and left the room.

"This is all my fault, I'm sorry, Gibbs, I knew not to stress you out and I did, I'm so sorry. If I've killed our baby, I'll never forgive myself," Tony said, starting to cry.

Gibbs put a hand on Tony's face. "Tony, stop blaming yourself. It wouldn't have gotten this far if I had listened about Ringwald...You can't keep me save from everything. This is not your fault." He tried to breath through the pain. "And she'll live. I know it, Tony. She has to."

Before Tony could say anything, the nurse and doctor reappeared. "I hear you're still experiencing contractions. I can give you an injection; it should stop the pre-term labour, but does carry some risks to the unborn baby. That's why we usually leave it as a last resort."

"What sort of risks?" Tony asked, concerned.

"There's a risk of small amounts of brain damage or developmental delay," the doctor explained. "Only happens in a very small percentage."

"Gibbs?" Tony turned to Gibbs to help them make this decision together.

"What if we don't do it...what if I get the baby now?" Gibbs asked. He didn't want the child to be handicapped, but he'd rather have it handicapped than dead.

"If your contractions continue, we'll have to give you a steroid to help the baby's lungs develop. There's a chance that won't work and your child would be born unable to breathe. They would spend the next four months of their life in the NICU, possibly on a ventilator and even then, there's no guarantee they would survive or not have the same kind of problems taking the drug could cause," the doctor explained.

Gibbs looked at Tony, "ok, I guess, we'll take the drug then..."

Tony nodded and looked to the doctor, who said, "I'll go and prepare the injection. The nurse will help you roll over, I'm afraid, I need to inject it into a thick muscle, like that on your buttocks."

Tony squeezed Gibbs' hand and helped him roll over while the nurse helped by opening the back of his gown and easing down his boxers. "Feeling exposed?" Tony joked.

"Not really my main concern, right now." Gibbs muttered.

The doctor came back and said, "sharp stab," before stabbing the needle into Gibbs' backside. "The contractions should stop within the next fifteen minutes. Let me know if they continue. If they don't, we'll move you up to the OB floor where you'll be seen by your regular doctor."

"Let me know if they don't stop, Gibbs," Tony said, helping him roll back onto his back.

"Ok." Gibbs agreed breathless. He winced at the pain in his butt as he lay back down, though it was just the tip of the ice berg.

Several minutes later Gibbs felt the pain ease and his breathing became easier. He sighed. Feeling no pain actually felt really good and he wondered why he usually didn't appreciate it as much.

Twenty minutes after the contractions stopped, Gibbs and Tony were in an elevator being transferred up to the OB ward. Gibbs' regular OB had been called and informed of the situation and was waiting to see Gibbs once he arrived on the floor.

"You're sure they've stopped?" Tony asked for the tenth time, still worrying that things weren't over yet.

"Do you see me writhing in pain?" Gibbs asked annoyed but relieved. "Believe me, I'd know if they hadn't stopped."

"I guess not," Tony admitted as the doors open and he walked alongside Gibbs' bed as they were wheeled towards a room.

Once they reached their room, and Gibbs was transferred over to the bed, their regular OB came into the room and looked from Gibbs to Tony. "Let me guess, you were arguing about a case? Gibbs got stressed out? I've told you once, if not a thousand times, you can not get stressed out, in lots of cases of MSG stress equals a miscarriage. You were lucky today, but from your blood results and the residual bleeding, I'm putting you on bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy," she told them. "I mean, total bed rest. Only getting up to pee and no fun stuff in bed either!"

"For four months?!" Tony gasped.

"Yes, the whole of his pregnancy," she reiterated.

Gibbs grunted his displeasure. "You're kidding me, right? I was getting tensed by having nothing to do as it was already. I can't spend four months in bed!"

"You have no choice. You want to continue with this pregnancy or should I book a delivery room now?" the doctor asked, deadly serious.

Gibbs, taken aback by the doctor's mood nodded. "Ok, four months bed rest it is, then."