- Text Size +
Heather was silent in the car. She stared out the window, afraid to look at Gibbs. She wasn't sure how she offended him, but she obviously had. Heather looked and the rearview mirror, and saw DiNozzo and Ziva following them. McGee had stayed behind.

The ride to the location was only thirty minutes long, but in that car, it felt like at least two hours. Before Gibbs even stopped, Heather unbuckled her belt, opened the door, and jumped out.

Ducky, who arrived a hour before, was taking pictures of the body. Gibbs walked over, with Heather following. Gibbs turned around, and glared at her.

"Why don't you leave it to the professionals. You can go wait in the car."

Heather looked him right in the eye, not backing down. "No. I will show you that I am a good agent. You don't have to like me for whatever reason, but you will respect me!"

Gibbs shrugged. "Fine. Show us what you've got."

She smiled sarcastically and walked past Gibbs, over to DiNozzo and Ziva.

"So, how long has she been dead?"

Ducky smiled at her. "You must be the new agent. I'm Ducky. Oh, and she's been dead since around one a.m. Pretty girl, I wonder what someone had against her."

Heather smirked. "Funny, I wonder the same thing." She looked over at Gibbs, who seemed to be trying not to laugh.

Once he gained his composure, he looked at his team. "Look for evidence. Whatever you can find, I want in a bag."

While everyone was looking for evidence, Ducky walked over to him. "Don't give her such a hard time, Gibbs. She's doing good so far. Save your anger for when Anthony screws something up."

Gibbs smiled. "She was a FBI agent. I hate FBI agents."

Ducky patted him on the shoulder. "I know, but give her a chance."

Gibbs sighed. Yes, Ducky was right. No, he wasn't going to listen to him.
***************************************************************************

Once back, Gibbs took the evidence to Abby. McGee was pulling up the information on the computer, thanks to the fact that the girl still had her wallet.

Gibbs walked backed quickly. "What did we find?"

"Well, Boss", McGee started, "her name was Kayla Worley. She had been a marine for about 2 years. She was 24."

"Okay, McGee, track down her family and get information. Once you do that, DiNozzo and Ziva, you can work from there."

Heather looked confused. "What do I do, Gibbs?"

Gibbs smirked. "You refill my coffee."

Heather grabbed Gibbs' coffee cup, and stomped off. When she walked past Abby's lab, she heard her call for her.

"Yeah, Abby?"

"Come here! We need to talk! Check out what I found."

Heather walked over.

"Look in the microscope. See what's on the leaf?"

Heather cringed. "Sperm."

"Yes, which means, sadly, that not only was she murdered..."

Heather finished the sentence. "She was raped."
***************************************************************************

Gibbs was very irritated, not having coffee for a whole hour. When Heather rushed in with it, he was pissed.

"Where the hell have you been? I sent you to get coffee about twenty minutes ago."

"Abby called me into her lab. She found something."

Gibbs glared at her. "She answers to me, not you."

Heather shook her head. "No! She told me to look in the microscope. There was sperm on one or more of the leaves. Not only was Kayla Worley murdered, she was also raped!"

"We don't know for sure, until we check with Ducky. Which I'm going to do now."

Gibbs motioned for Heather to follow him, then went to see Ducky.

"Find anything for me?"

He looked at Gibbs, then Heather. "Oh, hello Heather, Jethro. I did find something. It appears the poor girl was shot in the head."

Gibbs turned to Ducky. "Abs said she found sperm."

Ducky sighed. "As did I, Jethro. The poor dear was raped."

Gibbs ran a hand through his hair. "Better go see what McGee found."
***************************************************************************

McGee looked each agent in the eye before speaking. "I called her family. They said she had a roommate, and gave me her number. The roommate said she hadn't seen Kayla since yesterday evening, before she went to a bar. She said she wasn't sure which bar Kayla went to, she sometimes went to several. She left about-

"Gibbs. We need to talk." Abby was breathing heavily, having run all the way.

"What Abs?"

"Pull up Jason Thompson."

McGee pulled it up. Heather moved closer to it. "I recognize him. He's one of the FBI's most wanted. Raped and killed four women. We never caught him."

Gibbs looked from the computer, to Abby. "What about him?"

Abby smiled. "I matched the evidence to him. He's the guy you're looking for."