- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is another story-arc that I came up with (actually it kind just came to me), it pulls from my other stories.

Its been a few months--almost a year--since Gibbs went MIA during an undercover/rescue mission that he and DiNozzo were assigned to in Colombia (which is in South America)...but now he's turned up, alive, and the team is in full rescue mode--ready to bring their friend, boss, and co-worker back home where he belongs. But in order to do that successfully, first DiNozzo and the rest of the team must deal with obstacles being thrown in their way by not only the Colombian drug lord Francois Cota, but also by the U.S. DEA agency...

Sorry...I had to re-work it a little bit so just bare with me...Please...
"Missing In Action, Pt. 1"

AT NCIS HQ...

SQUAD ROOM...

Tony sat at his desk, no Gibbs' desk, at NCIS that evening alone with his thoughts.

Ziva, his wife, was at home with their Daughter, Talia.

Tony was now in charge of the team now and he knew he wasn't as good as Gibbs, but he damn sure tried.

Tony reached across his desk and picked up a photo of his boss/former boss that he kept there as a reminder.

He studied it for a moment under the light of his desk lamp.

"Damn you Gibbs." Tony whispered, as he rubbed his eyes with one hand.

All of the things that had happened in the last few years as well as in just the last--almost--a year flashed through his mind.

.........Dream-Like Sequence.........

In a Shack Somewhere in The Forest/Jungle(s) of Colombia...

Gibbs, Tony, and a group of three or four men and one woman that they had been sent to rescue now stand in a small uninhabited old shack in a forest/jungle somewhere in Colombia.

They'd been running from known drug lord Francois Cota and his men, and now they were stopping for a quick breather before continuing on to the extraction point.

Three of the men they had rescued were U.S. Marines who had been sent to extract the fourth guy who was an undercover DEA Agent who had infiltrated Cota's Drug Cartel. The fifth person was a woman named Marta, and Gibbs and Tony still didn't know her story.

Tony was checking on their entourage while Gibbs leaned against the wall near the shack's single door.

Gibbs moved his hand from his lower right side just enough for him to inspect his latest injury before hiding it again.

"...They'll be here soon, DiNozzo, and you have to get these people to the extraction point." Gibbs said, breathing heavily.

"But Boss wh-" Tony began.

"I'll be right behind you." Gibbs cut in.

An indistinguishable sound is heard in the distance.

"How many rounds ya got?" Gibbs asked Tony, through a heavy breath.

Tony quickly checked his clip to make sure before answering.

"4." he replied, as he slipped the clip back into his Sig.

Gibbs reached back into his back pocket and pulled out his last unused ammo clip.

"Here, take this." he said, as he handed it to Tony.

Tony took the clip from his boss, slowly.

"How many do you have?" Tony asked.

"Enough." Gibbs said, with a nod.

The truth, which he would not admit to Tony, was that he only had 3 shots left in his own Sig.

Gibbs outlined his plan, quickly, to Tony.

After another minute or so of prepping they all filed out of the shack silently and quickly, with Gibbs breaking off from the rest of them and going back towards Cota and his men.

Tony stole a glance back over his shoulder towards Gibbs as he ran on.

Something that Gibbs had said back when Paige had been infected with a 'super-virus' echoing in his head: "If its worth fighting for, you fight like hell even when there's a chance you might lose."

.........End Of Dream-Like Sequence.........

---------------------------------------

Gibbs Residence...

Chloe & Paige's Bedroom...

Abby entered the bedroom that her two daughters shared, and found Chloe sitting at the desk that she ('she' being Abby) and Gibbs had given to her for her 12th birthday.

She was 14 years old now, and was becoming a wonderful, bright, kind, and outgoing young lady.

She sat at her desk do what she usually liked/enjoyed doing. Writing.

Yes, Chloe had found that she enjoyed writing. Anything from short stories, song lyrics, and poetry. It was a way that she expressed herself.

Chloe also enjoyed science and history as well.

She had her dark hair, which she usually kept up in either pigtails (like her mother) or just in a simple ponytail, down.

"Whatcha doing?" Abby asked her daughter, from behind.

"Nothing." Chloe replied, softly.

Abby knew that that wasn't true because she could see her daughter's right hand moving feverishly about a sheet of paper, writing--what, she didn't know.

"You've been in here by yourself for quite a while." Abby said, pointing out her observation. "You're not sick are you?" she asked her daughter.

"No ma'am...just writin'." Chloe replied, softly.

Abby sat down on the edge of Paige's bed which was closer to the bedroom door.

"Sweetheart, are you alright?" Abby asked.

"Yes ma'am." Chloe replied, sweetly. "It's just...I was thinking about dad."

"I was just thinking about your father too...that is so funny, ya know." Abby said, somewhat jokingly, trying to lighten the mood a little bit.

Chloe turned to her mother, and Abby knew what was coming next.

Chloe's eyes teared up almost immediately.

"I miss him so much." Chloe sobbed, as she turned and leaned over into her mother's arms.

"I know sweetheart." Abby said, softly, as she wiped a tear from her own eye(s). "I know."

---------------------------------------

The Gibbs Home...

The Living Room...

Paige sat down on the sofa. She was 10 years old now.

She had been passing by her and Chloe's bedroom just mere moments before and had heard her sister and mother talking about their missing father.

And now as she sat on the sofa here eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the snow globe that sat on the coffee table in front of the sofa.

She reached out and picked it up and studied it for a moment or two.

Then she reached under the bottom and turned the key several times before stopping and setting it back down on the coffee table.

The snow globe began to play a soft, sweet melody, one that Gibbs had used to make up a song for his daughters (Paige more specifically) for when he had to go away on those long assignments.

As the music played from the snow globe, Paige began to sing along using the words that her father had always sung to her at night over the phone when he was away. They were words that she had memorized oh so well.

"In my dreams I see your face, In my dreams you're not far away; and in my dreams there's better days, cause you've come home to stay." Paige sang softly.

---------------------------------------

Somewhere in Colombia...

A man steps into a hut somewhere in Colombia.

Inside the hut he faces Leroy Jethro Gibbs who lying in a corner, on his side, facing the wall of the hut.

Gibbs sits up as the man kneels down by his side and holds out a cup of water and some pieces of bread.

"Eat. Drink." the man said, as he held out bread and water.

Gibbs took the bread and water from the kindly old man slowly.

"It is not much, but at least it is something." the old man said in a thick accent.

Gibbs smiled weakly and nodded.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." Gibbs said, quietly.

The man dropped into an Indian-style sitting position in front of Gibbs and watched as he ate.

"Do you...remember anything?" the man asked.

Gibbs shook his head. No he couldn't remember a damn thing and it was really making him angry.

All he knew at this point was that his head was hurting like hell, and he was somewhere in Paraguay.

The man smiled a friendly smile at Gibbs.

"Do not worry...it will come, you are not fully healed yet...but in time, it will come." the man said, quietly.

---------------------------------------

AT NCIS HQ...

SQUAD ROOM...

Tony was wrapping up the days' paper work when his phone rang.

'Its probably Ziva wondering where I am.' He thought to himself as he picked up the phone.

"Ziva, honey, I'll be home in-" he started.

"Special Agent DiNozzo, this is Agent Hatcher with the DEA." Hatcher said over the phone.

"Hatcher?" Tony repeated, somewhat confused.

"Sorry, I think you have the wrong number...I don't know any-" Tony started to say.

Hatcher cut him off knowing that he had to stop Tony from hanging up the phone.

"It's about Special Agent Jethro Gibbs." Hatcher said quickly.

Tony froze in his seat.

After a moment or two he managed to regain his composure.

"Yes. I'm listening." Tony said, quietly.

Hatcher spoke.

"First you have to understand that I'm supposed to be undercover here, and so technically I'm not even supposed to be making this call, but considering the circumstances-"

"The point." Tony said, both excited and irritated at the same time.

There was a momentary silence, but then Hatcher spoke again.

"He's alive." Hatcher said.

Tony's mind began to race from what he was hearing.

"Do you have him with you?" Tony asked, quickly.

"No, sorry, we do not." Hatcher said. "But like I said...I shouldn't even be making this call."

"Oh." Tony said, as he leaned back in his chair, and rubbed his eyes again.

Hatcher could be heard over the phone as he drew in a deep breath.

"I have some time, tomorrow evening, if we could meet I could point you in the right direction...at the very least." Hatcher said.

Tony pulled a pad and pencil out of his desk drawer and readied it for use.

"Just tell me when and where." Tony instructed Hatcher over the phone.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs residence...

The Living Room...

Abby stood at the doorway of the living room with Chloe at her side and the two of them listened silently as Paige sang along with the snow globe's soft, sweet melody.

The phone in the kitchen rang, and Abby tip-toed away to answer it.

The phone ringing didn't seem to distract Paige one bit.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs residence...

In The Kitchen...

"Hello." Abby said into the phone, as she wiped a tear from her eye(s).

"Abby." Came Tony's voice over the phone.

"Tony, what're you-" she started.

"Abby, they found him." Tony said, almost immediately.

"They found..." Abby started, but then stopped when she realized just what Tony was saying.

She gave Tony time to explain the situation to her, and then once it was all said and done she knew she had to tell Chloe and Paige.

Abby hung up the phone and stood there in the kitchen for a few minutes letting everything just sort of sink in first before she went to tell the girls the news.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs residence...

In The Living Room...

Abby walked into the living room, motioned for Chloe to come and join her on the sofa with Paige.

Once they were all settled she began.

"Chloe, Paige, I just talked to Uncle Tony." Abby began, as she tried to wipe tears from her eyes.

Abby tried to find a good/the best way to tell them the news, but then she decided to just tell them.

"Girls, they found daddy." Was all Abby was able to say.

Chloe broke down and cried with her mother, as Abby drew her two daughters together around her to hug them both.

And as the snow globe hummed the final few bars of its melody.

"Sometimes it shines, and sometimes it rains; but you'll always find there's better days." Paige sang along, with the last few bars of the snow globe's song.

---------------------------------------

Tony had just gotten off of the phone with Abby, and now he had some other phone calls to make.

First he knew he needed to call Ziva, and then he needed to call McGee. After that he planned on calling a few other people. These would be people that he knew would be a big help in ensuring that his 'plan' to bring Gibbs home succeeded.

He dialed his home number and then put the phone up to his ear.

---------------------------------------

DiNozzo Residence...

The Living Room...

Ziva was sitting on the sofa of her and Tony's home when the phone, which sat on the side-table next to the sofa rang.

She had just put her (and Tony's) daughter, Talia, to bed; and had decided to sit back on the sofa and read a little bit in her new book that she had just gotten about like a day ago.

She picked up the telephone and answered it.

"Hello." Ziva said into the phone.

"Tony, are you still at work this late?" She asked, a little irritated.

"Sweetheart, listen." Tony's voice was heard over the phone.

"What?" came Ziva's reply as Tony explained what had just previously transpired.

"Gibbs is alive." Ziva said aloud.

She listened intently for the next few minutes as Tony explained everything from start to finish.

"Have you called Abby?" Ziva asked, finally.

"Yes, she was the first person I called...she is his wife after all." Tony was heard saying, over the telephone.

"What about McGee?" Ziva asked, next.

"He's next on the list of people to call." Tony informed her.

............To Be Continued in "Missing In Action, Pt. 2"............

---------------------------------------

Tune In Regularly For More Updates on This Exciting (hopefully), Suspenseful, New Story...
Chapter End Notes:
Just a quick side note, and I am soooo sorry about this one. Until I get some time to fix a few things in this story, anytime you see the word 'Paraguay' mentioned in explaining or telling where they are at...please disregard that, and replace it in your mind with Colombia. I was typing so fast (and I also was doing other things on my computer at the same time) when I was writing this story that I typed the wrong location a couple of times. Again I am soooo verrryyy sorry. But other than that, Please, Enjoy and God Bless!



P.S. I have had some 'people' point out some things that they apparently didn't like...so this just to clarify some things.

1st- This story arc just kind of came to me out of the blue (well sort of) so, basically, I was just going on what was popping into my head at the time.

2nd-I will admit there are a few bugs and kinks that I still have to iron out, but overall just bare with me...that is if its not too much to ask...

Thank You, That is All....