- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Abby get some alone time to reconnect now that Gibbs is back...
"Aftermath"

Gibbs Residence...

The girls were fast asleep in their beds, after having spent the last 4 1/2 hours with their father--it was now really late.

But even though it was really late, and Gibbs and Abby knew they should probably be getting some sleep as well; they still had a few things to take care of.

Abby followed Gibbs into the bathroom, grabbing him a towel from the linen closet as they passed by it.

Gibbs flicked on the light switch as he entered the bathroom.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs Residence...

In The Bathroom...

Abby set the towel down on top of the toilet lid, and then walked out of the bathroom--to give her husband some privacy.

She stopped at the door, momentarily, and watched as Gibbs undressed.

Gibbs removed the shirt that he'd borrowed while on board the aircraft carrier, and threw it down into the corner of the bathroom, just behind the door.

The sight of him getting naked sent shivers down her spine, and once again awakened the desire that she felt inside--the yearning--the, the need to be with him was intensified with every moment that passed.

She shook her head, and cleared her thoughts. She needed to go and get ready for Gibbs.

And with that she turned and walked out of the bathroom.

The first thing he'd need to do was shave, and get rid of the horrid, scraggly, thick beard that had been growing on his face for almost a year now.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs Residence...

Abby's Bed Room...

In her room, Abby used a lighter to light several candles placed all around.

When she'd moved in with Gibbs. They had talked, for quite some time, about the 'housing' arrangements, and he ended up giving her the extra/spare bedroom so that she could have a plce to call her own--a place where she could go to think (kind of like he did in his/their basement w/ the boats and other stuff that he built down there). The room even had a bed in it, so that that way in case she needed to she could sleep there.

This came in handy on those rare occassions when she and Gibbs had an arguement, and just needed some 'alone time' to clear their minds and think things over. But, again, that did not happen often--it was, indeed, rare.

She opened up her closet and searched, in the back of the small space, for the night gown that she knew Gibbs liked. It was the one that he'd picked out for her birthday about 5 or 6 years ago.

Fortunately she found it. It was actually hiding from her in almost the very back of her closet.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs Residence...

Bathroom...

Gibbs made one last pass across his face with his razor, dipping it into the sink to clean it off once he was finished.

He wiped his face clean of any excess shaving cream that might still be lingering around with a small wash cloth that had been laying over the edge of the sink.

He checked his face in the mirror, quickly, before he began to strip off the rest of the borrowed clothes. Now he needed to take a shower.

He turned on the water, and got it ready steadily bringing it up to an acceptable and suitable temperature.

Then he stepped into the shower closing the shower doors as he did so.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs Residence...

Abby's Bed Room...

Abby heard the shower come on and knew that that meant Gibbs wouldn't be too much longer.

She had already stripped out of her day clothes, and was now wearing her night gown.

It was an extremely soft, light purple, silky night gown that they'd found at a clothing store in the mall. Which was actually really funny, because Abby didn't usually (or didn't used to) shop for really anything in a 'shopping mall'.

She sat on the edge of one side of the bed undoing her pigtails, so that her long dark hair would be able to hang free.

As she laid the last hair ribbon/band down onto the bedsie table here eyes fell upon a framed photograph of her, Gibbs, and the girls that had been taken about 2 or 3 years prior.

Tears were beginning to form in her eyes as she studied it. For a while, the family that it portrayed had been broken--apart--but now it was back together. The way that it was supposed to be.

Suddenly the shower cut off. It caught Abby's attention snapping her out of her trance. She instinctively jumped up from her spot on the side of the bed, and turned towards the door.

There was a moment of silence, well accept for the sound of a towel rustling around in the bathroom, and also his footsteps as he moved about.

Then, the door that had been standing open only a crack slowly opened up the rest of the way. Gibbs entered the room slowly and closed the door behind him. He was wearing only the towel around his waist.

He approached her slowly, and she could feel her whole body shaking.

It had been so long, it felt like, since they'd seen each other this way.

She tried to speak as he made his way over to her, but when she moved her lips no sound came out. her throat and mouth felt strangely dry.

He stepped up to her and their eyes met and locked firmly on each other(s).

She closed her eyes as he raised his hand and cupped her cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb.

Gibbs could tell that his wife was shaking, hell, he was too--practically. He wondered if it would be as he(he'd) remembered it.

He bent his head down and brought his lips to hers--tasting her lips for the first time in what had seemed like forever ago.

Abby nearly lost it all right then and there when she felt her husband's lips against hers. It was a feeling that she'd long missed while Gibbs had been 'MIA'.

After a few moments when he finally broke away they stared at each other briefly, and then he carefully guided her backwards onto the bed.

Abby laid back on the bed, as Gibbs propped himself up on his hands above her.

She closed her eyes again, as Gibbs began slowly and gently nipping and kissing at her neck.

She could feel the tension beginning to build within her body.

"Gibbs." she mumbled, without thinking.

"Shhh." Gibbs whispered in her ear, softly.

His whisper tickled the inside of her ear, and made he shiver--she knew she would have chill bumps somewhere on her body.

She felt his hand move down to the top button of her night gown, and he slowly unbuttoned the first four buttons of the night gown.

She tried to speak, but Gibbs silenced her with a gentle, passionate kiss.

She felt his hand move again, but this time he moved it down to her right breast, and when he cupped it in his hand her body shuddered again.

"Ooh." Abby had to bite her lip to stifle the moan that threatened to erupt from her throat.

After a few minutes of torturing her in that way, Gibbs sat up and Abby leaned herself up on her elbows to look up at her husband.

"Strip." he commanded, quietly.

Abby did as she was told, sitting up now on her knees, and slowly began to strip away the silky, light purple night gown one button at a time.

She finally dropped the silk night gown to the floor on the side of the bed, and all that was left was her bare flesh.

There she sat before her husband, who took his time looking her over with his eyes--redrawing the map in his mind that he'd long since forgotten.

Abby blinked, and shivered (slightly) and Gibbs saw it all.

He moved towards her again, and wrapped an arm around her back. Slowly, he guided her, gently, back down onto the bed.

The two of them swapping kisses all the way down.

Abby experienced what could only be described as sheer ecstasy as Gibbs explored every inch of her body with his lips.

A couple of times his lower body actually came down low enough that she could feel his erection pressing through the towel wrapped around his waist.

The room was actually a little chilly but the warmth from Gibbs' body flowed into her and kept her as warm as she needed to be.

She realized that she was now moaning again. She may have even said his name a couple of times. And again she had to bite her lip to quiet herself, and to keep from waking the girls up.

Gibbs had shown remarkable restraint up til npw, unlike she who was begging him to finish the deed--she just couldn't stand it.

Suddenly Gibbs whipped the towel from around his waist and tossed it to the floor, and entered her with one fell swoop.

Abby's entire body tensed around his, and she panted aloud.

"Gibbs...please." she pleaded with her husband.

"Not yet." Gibbs whispered, quietly, trying to sound as if he was still in total control of what was happening in the candle-lit room.

But Abby could tell by the slight waver in his voice that Gibbs' restraint was beginning to falter, and soon he wouldn't be able to hold back any longer.

Gibbs bent his head down to hers and stole another kiss as he began to move, slowly and carefully, within her.

"Yes." she moaned, quietly, as her body shuddered.

"Oh."

Then suddenly he stopped, just as quickly as he'd started.

Abby shot Gibbs a dirty look through overly moist eyes.

"You...bastard." she whimpered, angrily.

Gibbs chuckled, quietly, and the sound of it drove Abby just that much further.

It was all beginning to come back to him.

"Patience...is a virtue." Gibbs said, with a crooked grin, as he bent his head to steal another kiss from his wife.

"Damn you, Gibbs." Abby mumbled, against his lips.

Gibbs lifted his head back up as he began to move again, this time slowly increasing their tempo.

After a few moments or so he tried to reign it back in again, but then Abby arched her body up against his, and the feeling of her skin against his in that way was all it took.

All of his willpower and restraint disppeared in a instant.

Abby wrapped her legs around Gibbs' waist as they began their final approach.

"Abs...I-" Gibbs started to say, but then suddenly found himself unable to speak.

Abby dug her fingernails into Gibbs' shoulders, which to Gibbs hurt like hell, but there was nothing that he could do about it.

Gibbs suddenly flipped the two of them over so that Abby was on top, and he was on the bottom--and then with one last thrust upwards...Fireworks exploded around them.

Abby slumped forward against Gibbs' chest--both of them panting, gasping for air against each other.

Gibbs planted a gentle kiss against his wife's cheek.

"I love you, Abs." Gibbs whispered, softly.

Abby lifted her head up, slightly, and looked into her husbands piercing blue eyes with her teary-green eyes.

"I love you too, Jethro Gibbs." Abby whispered as she kissed him fully on the lips.

Suddenly Gibbs felt Abby shiver from the slight chill that was running through the dim, candle-lit room. He wrapped his arms around her, and held her close sharing his body heat with her so that she would be warm.

As the two of them laid there in Abby's bed there eyelids became heavy, and before they knew it the night slipped away.

------------To Be Continued In "You'll Do"------------