- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony has left himself be captured, again, as part of a plan that he hopes will help even the odds a little bit...
"Missing In Action, Pt. 8"

Afternoon/Evening...

Cota's Main Compound...

Torture Room...

In what could only be called 'The Torture Room' Tony was strapped to some kind of inversion table of some sort.

His shirt was missing from his upper torso, and they were some new, fresh cuts--probably inflicted by a whip or some other such object--added to the older ones across his body.

Cota finally turned to a mna, holding a sub-machine gun and said something to him in their native tongue.

Upon hearing his boss' orders the man opened the door, and exited the room closing it behind him.

Cota then turned back to Tony.

"See, I knew it was only a matter of time until you saw things my way." Cota said, smoothly.

Tony didn't speak, not a single word to Cota.

Cota chuckled at Tony.

"And as your reward I will let you live--tonight--but then tomorrow...well I'm sure you get the picture." Cota said, smoothly, with a crooked grin, as he turned and headed for the door.

---------------------------------------

Outside The Main Compound...

Hidden In The Dense Foliage Near The Main Gate...

Gibbs watched in silence as several waves of heavily-armed men in jeeps and such rolled out through the main gate and headed back out towards the forest area.

Gibbs grinned, he had to hand it to DiNozzo, what ever he did--it looked like it was working.

As the last of the jeeps rolled out of sight, Gibbs knew it was time to make his move.

---------------------------------------

Inside The Compound...

Some Time Passed...

In a hallway somewhere in the compound Gibbs snuck up, quietly, behind a guard and put the gun to the man's head.

Gibbs said something to the man in the man's native tongue--being there in Colombia as long as he had Gibbs had picked up a few things.

The man, nervously handed Gibbs his weapon and then the two of them began to make their way down the halls, with the guard in semi-lead position.

Some time passed, and then Gibbs and the guard finally found where Tony was being held.

Gibbs and the guard slipped inside and closed the door, at which time Gibbs proceeded to knock the guard unconscious before freeing Tony from his bonds.

As he helped Tony to stand up straight he whispered something in his ear.

"Not bad DiNozzo--not bad at all." Gibbs whispered.

"Th-thanks." Tony replied.

"Th-There are 3 floors to this builing...we're on th-the second, and Cota's on the th-third." Tony explained.

"Not bad." Gibbs repeated, with a grin.

"There's also a radio room on this floor--we'll need it to signal the ch-ch-chopper." Tony added.

Gibbs couldn't help but grin, again, at Tony.

Gibbs helped Tony over to a nearby wall so that Tony could hold himself up for a second or two.

Gibbs then proceeded to remove the guards' shirt, and then he handed it to Tony who then put the shirt on.

Tony winced, slightly, as he pulled the shirt on.

The shirt was about like a half a size bigger than he usually wore, but it would do.

Gibbs handed Tony the guards pistol/hand gun next.

"Think you're good enough to get to the radio room?" Gibbs asked.

Tony nodded.

"I think so." Tony said, slowly.

"Are you sure?" Gibbs asked, again.

"Yeah." Tony replied.

Gibbs grinned, and with that the two men exited the room, carefully and quietly, and then went their separate ways.

---------------------------------------

Tony made his way, slowly and quietly, down the hall. At the end of the first hall he took a right, and then a left after that.

From the looks of things it appeared as if his plan worked better than he had originally anticipated.

Just a few more steps, and Tony was safely inside the radio room.

---------------------------------------

Cota's Main Compound...

The Radio Room...

First things first, he had to sneak in and take down the lone sentry guarding the radio room--once he did that he was free to use the radio as he pleased.

He turned dials, and adjusted a few nobs until he was fairly certain he had the right frequency.

"Boy Scout to Raven 1...Boy Scout to Raven 1...do you read?" Tony said, over the radio, as he held the microphone up to his face.

No answer, just static. Tony tried again several times, but to no avail.

Tony thought for a moment, and then finally anotehr idea popped into his head.

Working for Gibbs had inspired a number of odd hobbies for Tony throughout the years--morse code being one of said hobbies.

He made a few more, quick, adjustments to the radio.

Tony then dismantled the front part of the radio setup. Once inside, he pulled lose a few wires here and there, and then rejoined a few here and there until he was finally able to send morse code by simply touching the ends of two wires together.

Tony set to work striking out his morse code message using the ends of the two exposed wires, he repeated the message over and over 5 or 6 times before stopping assuming that someone out there had to have heard his message.

---------------------------------------

Cota's Main Compound...

Cota's Room/Office...

When Gibbs slipped inside Cota's office/room the desk at the far end of the room sat occupied. Cota sat in his desk chair with his back to Gibbs.

"Agent Gibbs, I've been...expecting you." Cota said, smoothly.

"Really." Gibbs replied, holding his sub-machine gun in front of him(self).

"Indeed." Cota replied.

---------------------------------------

U.S.S. Ronald Reagan...

A naval officer runs up to his C.O. and hands him a piece of paper.

"What's this?" the C.O. asked.

"Message sir, just came off the wire." the officer replied.

The C.O. read the message silently, and as he did his eyes grew wide.

---------------------------------------

Cota's Main Compound...

Cota's Room/Office...

Cota turned his chair so that he was facing Gibbs.

"I knew that if I was patient, you would turn up sooner or latr." Cota said, smoothly.

"Just didn't know it would be like this, hunh?" Gibbs asked, with a cold stare.

Cota gave a chuckle.

"Yes, well, I must admit your, Agent DiNozzo, is quite clever." Cota replied, with a slight chuckle.

Gibbs shifted his grip on the gun in his hand(s).

"When he wants to be." Gibbs said.

Cota stood up behind his desk, and smoothed out his clothes as he did so.

"So what now?" Cota as he stepped out from behind his desk.

"Will you kill me now, or wait and hand me over to the proper authorities?" Cota added.

Gibbs gave a 'grin' that said "yeah, nice try".

"Not a bad idea, except I'd be willing to bet that you've got most of the local law enforcement on your payroll." Gibbs replied, as he took a step or two forward.

Cota gave a slight nod at Gibbs.

"So I guess I'll just have to kill you." Gibbs added.

Cota chuckled.

"I thought as much...which is why I came into this more prepared than you think." Cota said.

From behind, Gibbs heard a familiar click. Then he felt a hard, metallic object push up against his back.

"Agent Gibbs, I would like you to meet my close, personal bodyguard--Ramon." Cota explained.

The muscles in Gibbs' body tensed on the spot.

"He's never really been a man of words, but he is good at what he does." Cota continued.

Ramon nudged Gibbs in the back with his weapon.

"That means he wants you to drop your weapon, if you would please." Cota explained.

Gibbs stood almost completely still for a moment or two, but then he began to slowly lower his gun towards the ground.

"You see, Agent Gibbs, I never lose." Cota said, smoothly.

"Surprise." Came Tony's voice from behind Gibbs/The Brute.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Tony stepped up behind Ramon, and quickly plunged his knife into the brute's neck--severing vital arteries and veins.

The brute began to sputter and convulse as he dropped his weapon, and fell sideways onto the floor clutching at his neck/throat which was rapidly oozing/gushing blood all over the floor and himself.

"Ramon." Cota said, as the brute(ish) man finally stopped moving and lay completely still on the floor.

A flash of anger appeared in Cota's eyes.

Cota, quickly, whipped a small hand gun out from behind his back and aimed it at Tony.

Tony tried to fire his 'stolen' sub-machine gun, but, unfortunately, the weapon jammed on him, and he couldn't.

As Cota squeezed the trigger of his gun, Tony dove out of the way just in the nick of time to avoid being hit.

Meanwhile, Gibbs dove to the ground, grabbing his weapon, and then rolling over onto one side fired several rounds at Cota.

Cota wasn't fast enough to dodge the shots, and took 2 or 3 to the chest/abdomen.

Cota fell, gasping for air, first to his knees, and then finally onto his back on the floor/ground.

Tony scrambled back up to his feet, and made his way over to help Gibbs up.

Suddenly from below them, they heard footsteps coming in their direction and coming pretty fast at that.

"I think this is where we make like James Bond, and get the hell out of here." Tony said quickly.

.........To Be Continued In "Missing In Action, Pt. 9".........